PDA

View Full Version : Sask fishing pics from july 15 - mirond lake/newmart resort

Fishwhere
07-31-2017, 12:20 PM
Well this was the 15th year here and it was sure slow the first 3 days; started with a bad bad storm and then followed by a cold front. Weeds were no where near as developed as we are used to. But by the 4th day we started finding some good spots and the fish were getting hungry enough again. Biggest were a 16pound 6ounce and 16 pound 10ounce 41 & 42" . Both of which were caught by my little brother and fiance! I was out of the big ones this year! Haha getting shown up in my own boat! Very happy they could get on some great fish.

We managed to get in 6 shore lunches even with the bad weather.

Going to try and post pics for the first time. Wish me luck!

huntsfurfish
07-31-2017, 12:22 PM
Wow, looks like a memorable trip with some awesome fish too.

coyotekiller
07-31-2017, 12:40 PM
Awesome :) thanks for sharing

Talking moose
07-31-2017, 12:43 PM
Nice trip!

pikergolf
07-31-2017, 01:03 PM
Lots of smiling faces in those pic's. Congrats at showing the kids a great time!!

Mayhem
07-31-2017, 05:30 PM
Awesome lookin trip there! Thanks for posting.

Scott N
07-31-2017, 05:42 PM
Looks like a lot of fun with some nice fish being caught!

RACKER
07-31-2017, 08:54 PM
Congrats on a great trip. The smiles on everyone were a mile wide. You hooked into some great northerns and can't beat the shore lunches up there. I myself have fished Mirond for the last 9 yrs and can't wait for the next one. This year we were at Silence of the North and cruised by Newmart. Was Daryls boat shed flooded?Wow was the water insanely high this year. Thanks for posting and maybe some time we will meet up in three fingers to share stories.

Kings
07-31-2017, 09:01 PM
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Fishwhere
07-31-2017, 09:26 PM
Congrats on a great trip. The smiles on everyone were a mile wide. You hooked into some great northerns and can't beat the shore lunches up there. I myself have fished Mirond for the last 9 yrs and can't wait for the next one. This year we were at Silence of the North and cruised by Newmart. Was Daryls boat shed flooded?Wow was the water insanely high this year. Thanks for posting and maybe some time we will meet up in three fingers to share stories.

Awesome! When do you normally go up? We are normally there around mid to late august.

It was flooded out, he had to build floating docks on top of the old docks. As you know the water creeps up year after year for probably the last 10.

58thecat
08-08-2017, 05:44 AM
Very nice looking trip, shore lunches make it just that much more better, from the lake to the pan to the belly:sHa_shakeshout: