PDA

View Full Version : Wizard lake

Walleye20
08-18-2017, 02:06 PM
Hey I'm just wondering how the fishing is here and if you would be able to do any water sports there? (water skiing, wakeboarding or tubing)

Thanks in advance!

BiggieB
08-19-2017, 08:18 PM
Wizard is almost always guaranteed for some action but finding a keeper is solemn.
Also There are always people tubing, water skiing, or riding their seadoo on the lake and there is sometimes the odd person who thinks they own the lake while doing so...:sign0161:

I like to fish close to the shore line anyways since the lake gets deep quick, I never seem to have the fish be "scared" of biting because of boat commotion plus the tubers are "usually" in the middle of the lake....

if you wanna get away from most if not all the pleasure craft users, go to the far west end of the lake, there is a sizeable zone where the max speed is 12/kmph and most people are respectful of this :sHa_shakeshout:

Talking moose
08-19-2017, 08:38 PM
Wizard is almost always guaranteed for some action but finding a keeper is solemn.
Also There are always people tubing, water skiing, or riding their seadoo on the lake and there is sometimes the odd person who thinks they own the lake while doing so...:sign0161:

I like to fish close to the shore line anyways since the lake gets deep quick, I never seem to have the fish be "scared" of biting because of boat commotion plus the tubers are "usually" in the middle of the lake....

if you wanna get away from most if not all the pleasure craft users, go to the far west end of the lake, there is a sizeable zone where the max speed is 12/kmph and most people are respectful of this :sHa_shakeshout:
Best advice in that lake you will get. If in a boat, get close to shore and cast near the shoreline. It drops off fast and within 30 feet from shore it's almost 20 feet deep in places. Very busy on weekend at jubilee park.