PDA

View Full Version : North Ram River

shark
05-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Can anyone tell me if the there is still a campground that is still open on the North Ram river on the Trunk Road? (there used to be one that was regularly maintained but I herd that they closed it after the river flooded it several years ago due to the significant amount of damage!!!)

Thanks

clouserminnow
05-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Not open, I think some of it has been reclaimed. It was a poor placement for a campground on a meander bend of a mountain river. It was only a matter of time untill it washed out. There is a random site south 300 m and on the east side of the road. There has been a few rig camps in there over the years. Keep it tidy as there are bears in the area.

You can see the old campground on google with a channel running through it

GillieSuit
05-06-2009, 10:19 AM
I think this site is off the trunk road above Ram Falls. It was in pretty poor shape last time I was up there, but that was two years ago. So I couldn't tell you what shape it is now.

Other than that its just random camping. They closed the North Ram site after the 2005 flood washed everything out and the river jumped its channel. Most of the camground was reclaimed last summer.

Later,
BRC