PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Slave Ice Out

Little Red Man
05-05-2009, 11:57 PM
...any bets......by long weekend this year, perhaps? Saw it was 19C there today. If anyone is from the area, would appreciate an update.

BrownBear416
05-06-2009, 12:07 AM
...any bets......by long weekend this year, perhaps? Saw it was 19C there today. If anyone is from the area, would appreciate an update.

Ahh I am not sure.lol It is supposed to be warm all week.The old timers say that the lake ice is always behind Mitsue lake and I see it still has lots of ice on it...

I will go check the lake tomorrow and give you a status update...

Fireman911
05-06-2009, 07:35 AM
Ahh I am not sure.lol It is supposed to be warm all week.The old timers say that the lake ice is always behind Mitsue lake and I see it still has lots of ice on it...

I will go check the lake tomorrow and give you a status update...

I suspect it will be 2 weeks for the big lake. Mitsue is gone. I was up in my old home town this weekend. Slave ice went from white to dark rotten in one hot day.

bardfromedson
05-06-2009, 08:08 AM
i hope its off. were going to shaws point with no back up plan. is there any good lakes within an hour of shaws point?

Fireman911
05-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Try and get a small aluminium boat into Utikima if you can. Always wanted to try that...lol

Shmag
05-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Still a pretty big slab of ice on the east end... However the ice on the west end comes off before the east. It's going to be close!!!

jrcw
05-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Flew over the East end of LSL yesterday in a helicopter. Still plenty of ice left. It's thinning and breaking up, but is still more or less covered. On the West end only a small section is open, about half way to Shaw's Point from the Grouard channel. A good wind and some warm temperatures should get the ice moving Eastward. Eight days and counting...