PDA

View Full Version : Spring Snow Goose hunt

CBR hunter
01-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Ok. I know I'm a little early for this, but I'm trying to get prepared, plus I'm having a hard time finding info on the net. First of all when does it start? I can't find any regs regarding the spring hunt, just a little blurb in the '06 regs.

We didn't see many snow's at all this fall and would like some help as to where these suckers usually migrate through in the spring, and where the best hunting is- lakes, fields, etc. I'd like to get a handle on this soon so that we can try and get some permission before they come. Any help anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

slipbobber
01-26-2007, 12:51 AM
I was out to the Hanna-Oyen area last October and there where lots of Snows around. Don't know if they stick around to long in the spring or not.

RockyMtnx
01-26-2007, 01:29 AM
I must have been in the dark the past while. When did we get a spring season in Alberta????

RyanGSP
01-26-2007, 01:34 AM
No kidding. I must have missed that.

Dick284
01-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Not in Alberta.
Other Provinces do.
If you have questions bout Alberta hunting go here:
www.srd.gov.ab.ca/contact/index.html (http://www.srd.gov.ab.ca/contact/index.html)

Rackmastr
01-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Yep best bet to go to SK and do a spring hunt if you want to hunt snows.....I've heard its not easy, but at least it gets you out there......

Snows are hard most of the time of course, but after they've travelled north being shot at in most states, they are a heck of a lot smarter when they make it back to Canada in the Spring....just what I've heard...

aka bushmaster
01-26-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm in the Provost area and while we see millions of them in the fall, you would be hard pressed to find a hunt here in the spring. They seem to use another route in the spring and the few we do see seem to fly straight thru.