PDA

View Full Version : Alberta Environment and Parks (AEP) is seeking feedback from Albertans

HunterDave
08-28-2017, 06:02 PM
Northern Pike and Walleye Management Frameworks

Alberta Environment and Parks Policy and Operations Divisions for Fisheries Management have identified the need to update the province’s Fisheries Management Program, to align with Alberta’s Fish Conservation and Management Strategy.

At this time we are seeking public feedback on key components and decision points that will inform the Northern Pike and Walleye management frameworks.

Learn more about Alberta Fisheries Management in the Backgrounder and share your input in the survey.

Survey closes on September 5, 2017 at 4:30pm.

https://talkaep.alberta.ca/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=eloqua&utm_campaign=OUTDOORS_20170822_ABFisheries&cvosrc=email.eloqua.OUTDOORS_20170822_ABFisheries

pikergolf
08-28-2017, 06:10 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=327829

HunterDave
08-28-2017, 06:21 PM
:happy0034:

waterninja
08-29-2017, 09:58 AM
I did the survey. Always happy to add my nickles worth, even if it's the survey's just for show, and they have already decided on a plan. This was a very hard survey, in that they kept referring to studies that you would have to read in order to properly give your answer to a question.

FishmasterJ
08-29-2017, 03:27 PM
I heard from a reliable source that they want to apply the tag system to pike fishing, and this survey is their way of justifying it.

TylerThomson
08-30-2017, 12:28 AM
I heard from a reliable source they want to make all angling illegal unless you are hand lining with line woven by hand from native grasses and hand carved lures and hooks made only from the bones of ethically harvested albino coyotes.

A claim made without supporting evidence or sources is worth about as much as a politicians promise.

DocMcgillicuddy
08-30-2017, 01:51 PM
I heard from a reliable source they want to make all angling illegal unless you are hand lining with line woven by hand from native grasses and hand carved lures and hooks made only from the bones of ethically harvested albino coyotes.

A claim made without supporting evidence or sources is worth about as much as a politicians promise.

Can confirm the bit about bone lures, not certain about the grasses. Also from a reliable source.

REMY
08-30-2017, 08:47 PM
Keep the tags going us older hunters might not be able to hunt or fish for the next 10yrs maybe our kids or grandkids can inherit our priorities