PDA

View Full Version : Catching WALLEYE in Red Deer!!! | FaZe Timid Fishing

Timidhc
08-30-2017, 03:34 AM
Met another nice guy and skilled fly fisher from the AOF the other day. We ended up getting skunked after exploring a new stretch of the Red Deer River but on our way back we passed a guy who gave us a few tips and another spot to try.

The next morning I got my shoes wet again as i set out to finish this video for you. And I'm glad i did!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkE16JIIouE

Sorry it took so long to post this video to the forum. But I promise I had a good excuse! :character0053: Stay Tuned!!!!

Timidhc
08-30-2017, 03:37 AM
RESPECT THE REGULATIONS AND FISH!!!

http://www.albertafishingguide.com/location/water/red-deer-river-downstream-dickson-dam

WALLEYE ARE CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY!!!

Max1234
08-30-2017, 11:47 AM
You should fish the rdr in drumheller ,some trophys in there

Timidhc
08-30-2017, 12:28 PM
You should fish the rdr in drumheller ,some trophys in there

I'd love to sometime! My Dad would take us out there every summer when we were kids.

Adding that to my list of spots to fish! Thanks for the suggestion!

NSR Fisher
08-30-2017, 01:38 PM
Timid is the new walleye master. Just trust me on that one :)

Max1234
08-30-2017, 02:11 PM
I'd love to sometime! My Dad would take us out there every summer when we were kids.

Adding that to my list of spots to fish! Thanks for the suggestion!

Maybe you could float it in your canoe

Dweb
08-30-2017, 04:03 PM
Another nice video man

Timidhc
08-30-2017, 05:40 PM
Another nice video man

Thanks Dweb!

Slightly random question but your signature says Whitefish hunter so I'm hoping you could help.

What kind of lures or tactics would you recommend to target them?

I've yet to catch one and its not from lack of trying lol.

Talking moose
08-30-2017, 05:42 PM
Thanks Dweb!

Slightly random question but your signature says Whitefish hunter so I'm hoping you could help.

What kind of lures or tactics would you recommend to target them?

I've yet to catch one and its not from lack of trying lol.

Lake whites or Rockies?

Timidhc
08-30-2017, 05:50 PM
Lake whites or Rockies?

Lake Whites at the moment but I'm sure I'll be chasing after Rockies too soon enough.

I've tried small spoons jigged off Sandy bottoms. Various flies and nymphs but have yet to actually see a White with my own eyes.

Is there certain structure or locations they relate to?

Talking moose
08-30-2017, 05:58 PM
They are in shallow at dusk and dawn. I usually target them in the winter. Mornings and evenings I'll be in 3-6 ft of water, mid morning to late day I'll move to deeper water. Copper wire worms with a red bead tipped with a maggot. Summer I hear of people doing well with wet flys/nymphs.

normstad
08-30-2017, 06:00 PM
RESPECT THE REGULATIONS AND FISH!!!

http://www.albertafishingguide.com/location/water/red-deer-river-downstream-dickson-dam

WALLEYE ARE CATCH AND RELEASE ONLY!!!

Really? No, it depends on where on is downstream from the Dickson.

from the Tolman Bridge (Sec. Rd. 585) downstream to the Alberta/Saskatchewan border
May 15 to Mar. 31 – Walleye and Sauger limit 3; Walleye over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Burbot limit 2 (Burbot limit 0 - Feb. 1 to Mar. 31); Goldeye limit 10; Lake Sturgeon limit 0; Bait allowed.
Apr. 1 to May 14 – CLOSED

So yes, Walleye are catch and keep downstream of the Tolman Bridge.

If you are going to admonish someone on the fishing regulations, please next time, make absolutely sure you know fully what you are talking about. We don't know where he was fishing, as I hadn't heard.

Dweb
08-30-2017, 06:02 PM
PM me and we discuss whitefish

Talking moose
08-30-2017, 06:36 PM
If you are going to admonish someone on the fishing regulations, please next time, make absolutely sure you know fully what you are talking about. We don't know where he was fishing, as I hadn't heard. where who was fishing?

The Spank
08-30-2017, 06:51 PM

from the Tolman Bridge (Sec. Rd. 585) downstream to the Alberta/Saskatchewan border
May 15 to Mar. 31 – Walleye and Sauger limit 3; Walleye over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Burbot limit 2 (Burbot limit 0 - Feb. 1 to Mar. 31); Goldeye limit 10; Lake Sturgeon limit 0; Bait allowed.

If you are going to admonish someone on the fishing regulations, please next time, make absolutely sure you know fully what you are talking about. We don't know where he was fishing, as I hadn't heard.

Not to embarass you but had you looked closer you would have seen it was the OP who has the first two posts. It looked like he was giving someone **** but I think it was meant to remind all they should respect the rules, he certainly didn't admonish his own opening post. If he did it must have been a momentary lapse of reason or those fishermans voices in his head?!! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Timidhc
08-30-2017, 07:07 PM

That's the case in your section of the Red Deer River but not the one I was fishing in the video.

I was actually hoping to float my canoe down through that area. Any tips for that region?

fluxcore
09-01-2017, 09:27 PM
Never caught a goldeneye

Timidhc
09-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Never caught a goldeneye

They are a vastly under rated fish in my opinion.

They fight extremely well for their size and if you can find one a few more are usually close by!

Talking moose
09-02-2017, 11:28 PM
They are a vastly under rated fish in my opinion.

They fight extremely well for their size and if you can find one a few more are usually close by!

He's teasing you because you always call goldeyes......goldeneyes.