PDA

View Full Version : Fishing near edmonton

rosh7674
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
Hi Folks
Looking for a nice fishing spot within edmonton, or within 1 hour drive. I am not a catch and release fan.

Please let me know.

Thanks

BigRackLover
05-07-2009, 02:58 PM
try Hasse Lake. Both trout and perch

Sartorius
05-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Pick up a copy of Barry Mitchell's Alberta Fishing Guide. Fred Noddin wrote an article about Edmonton area pothole lakes. You could try such lakes as Hasse, Chickakoo (once it gets re-stocked; apparently it winter killed), or Cardiff Park. Like I said, give the Fishing Guide a look-over; there's also a listing in the back of most of Alberta's fishable waters.

goober
05-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Pick up a copy of Barry Mitchell's Alberta Fishing Guide. Fred Noddin wrote an article about Edmonton area pothole lakes. You could try such lakes as Hasse, Chickakoo (once it gets re-stocked; apparently it winter killed), or Cardiff Park. Like I said, give the Fishing Guide a look-over; there's also a listing in the back of most of Alberta's fishable waters.

Not a full winter kill at Chickakoo. Seen some fish come out this year already and talked to others that have had some luck.

happy perch fisher
05-07-2009, 08:30 PM
plenty of suckers in the river for yah and u can keep as many as u want.

hockeyfish
05-07-2009, 09:41 PM
don't mind HPF

some good lakes are isle, buck, pigeon, and all the pothole lakes

you can keep walleye at buck too

goober
05-07-2009, 09:43 PM
plenty of suckers in the river for yah and u can keep as many as u want.

MMMM Sucker fish!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

brook trout
05-08-2009, 11:42 AM
try beaumont or cardiff they ive seen people catching fish there:D

brook trout
05-09-2009, 02:44 PM
try hermitage park ponds they got two nice ponds i hear.:D

sharrozap
05-09-2009, 04:46 PM
So many lakes are around Edmonton.Go to http://www.anglersatlas.com/ and you can download map of every lake you want to fish. Good lack.

rosh7674
05-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Thank you guys for all the information, I want to know which is better to fish Hasse or Chickakoo.

Thanks

Sartorius
05-10-2009, 11:31 AM
Not a full winter kill at Chickakoo. Seen some fish come out this year already and talked to others that have had some luck.

That's nice to hear. It's nice to know that there's more than just this year's new stockers in there!

fish-man
05-10-2009, 02:22 PM
My favorites. Note that some of them are closed right now.

Coal lake by Leduc. Lots of average sized pike.
Pigeon Lake- rediculous numbers of walleye (at least 2 years ago when I last fished it), the odd pike.
East Pit Lake- Rainbow trout.
Wabamun Lake- pike, including some huge ones, as well as whitefish.
North Saskatchewan River- you need to find the holes, but it has a bunch of different species: suckers, goldeye, walleye, pike, sauger, and sturgeon (though I haven't caught one of those yet).

sharrozap
05-11-2009, 07:47 AM
If you like to eat fish - Chickakoo. Hasse taste muddy. Star Lake is good for rainbows too.You can fish Sauer Lake by Chickakoo - it is 50' deep.