PDA

View Full Version : Northern Sask. for May long weekend

subman77
05-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Hey does anyone have any suggestions for May long weekend in Northern Sask. Just boat a 1750 LUND and we are anxious to go!!! Green Lake,Turtle Lake, Keeley Lake what do you suggest.:confused:

nicemustang
05-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Keeley, Deschambeault, Tobin. Awesome lakes!

subman77
05-07-2009, 03:51 PM
do you know if keeley has a campground

longshadow
05-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Lac Des Isle-Meadow Lake Provincial Park-Spent lots of time at Big Island Cove, good camping, friendly folks, great fishing. Good luck.

Waxy
05-08-2009, 08:14 AM
I'd check ice condition before I headed up there, it just went off on the southern lakes this week from what I understand.

Waxy

chrispee
05-08-2009, 08:25 AM
weyakwin lake was always good. Nice campgrounds..good fishing.

outdoorman
05-08-2009, 10:32 AM
keeley lake has a campground/cabins/lodge. if you google keeley lake lodge, you will find their #. i dont think they take reservations, but you shouldnt have a problem. at least they will be able to tell you if the ice is off. if you do go there, go to the left out of the launch into the little bay. its not far. big jack there all day in the spring. good luck.

goose
05-08-2009, 12:08 PM
green lake is ice free.brother in law lives there.
goose

surhuntsalot
05-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I had a cabin reserved at Pierce Lake Lodge, on Pierce Lake in Meadow Lake Provincial Park for the May Long. Great Lake Trout and Pike fishing. Point in short, I'm not going to be able to make it so you could have the reservation if you're interested... Pic's posted in a thread in the general discussion... Let me know...

Weavster
05-10-2009, 08:42 PM
if u go to keely let me know how u do
if u go strait out there are some humps the walleye usually bite well on there
thanks
we got a cabin booked for july

Bushmaster
05-10-2009, 09:25 PM
I've always been a big fan of Canoe Lake...always done well there.

subman77
05-10-2009, 10:19 PM
I think we are going to Pierce Lake my wife doesnt want to pull the boat and 5th wheel any farther than that.

ACM
05-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Check out Crean lake in PANP- most underated fishing in Sask. . You will have a great tour thru the Hart lakes then its on to Crean. No traffic, clean water, tons of big pike as well as walleye plus the campgrounds in Waskesieu are superb. Might be chilly tho!!! your wife will like it there - pavement all the way. Much better than many lakes. If you have the time go North of Otter but not with your fifth wheel!!! Reindeer and Wollaston are world class and Otter is decent!!

bsnyder
05-13-2009, 02:26 PM
I have a house on Cowen Lake in BigRiver, lots of pike and perch(if you can find them ) Delerond is great for big pike and Walleye.Good Luck

nicemustang
05-13-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm sure everyone already knows this...but I made this mistake once in the past by accident. The season opens Saturdays in Sask, not Fridays like here in Alberta. I will be fishing on Lake Lenore for walleye on Sat or Sun, weather depending on when we will be in the field or not. But there is always time for an hour or two of walleye fishing and catch a few for dinner. Happy fishing.

russ
05-13-2009, 03:42 PM
do you know if keeley has a campground

Keeley is in Meadow Lake PP and has a campground. I'd check the ice conditions. A lot of the lakes won't have the ice out til the 1st week of June.