PDA

View Full Version : McLeod trip, too early for RMW?

StupidityKills
09-08-2017, 12:30 PM
I always try to go on a fishing trip for my birthday(10th) every year but since I just got back from holidays I won't be going too far. One friend suggested the Mcleod for RMW but another said it might still be a week or 2 too early. I've fished it a few times for Pike and trout in the Edson area but I was hoping to switch it up. Any advice on whether it's worth the trip from Edmonton for a day?

smitty9
09-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Phone the Fishing Hole in Edmonton (either location). A few staff go there regularly, they should be able to give you a report. Or try Ron's Outdoors in Edson.

My guess is that if the flows and temps are good, I'd predict it's fishing quite well for rockies. Try west of Marlboro.

Smitty

RavYak
09-08-2017, 01:24 PM
Phone the Fishing Hole in Edmonton (either location). A few staff go there regularly, they should be able to give you a report. Or try Ron's Outdoors in Edson.

My guess is that if the flows and temps are good, I'd predict it's fishing quite well for rockies. Try west of Marlboro.

Smitty

Ron's source for sports is either closed now or almost closed. A couple weeks back when I drove through they were having a closing sale.

As for the Mcleod for Rockies, I don't fish it but I would think your buddy is right in saying it is a bit early.

Dragless
09-09-2017, 08:19 AM
You can catch em all year in the summer they are furtherr upstream towards robb , fall time thwy come down right now should perfect but my best days for whites on thw mcleod are in july belive further upstream . Edson area should be good to go.

greendrake
09-09-2017, 08:33 AM
Fished there my whole life and the whitefish start to school in mid August. This is prime time you just have to explore if you get no bites in the first 20 casts move on. Where there's one there's dozens.

bushnell
09-10-2017, 12:33 AM
Was out there last weekend. Fished upstream from the ferry. Fishing was good, used grey bead head flies with good success.

hillbillyreefer
09-10-2017, 07:19 AM
Have had decent luck in the pembina south of Edson during The first week of elk season. I'd think anytime now would be well worth a shot.

Dragless
09-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Have had decent luck in the pembina south of Edson during The first week of elk season. I'd think anytime now would be well worth a shot.

I think yhe upper pembina id closed to all fishimg this year

wcbarker
09-10-2017, 08:12 AM

Smitty

Just a heads up
Rons outdoors is closing for good

greendrake
09-12-2017, 09:01 AM

The Pembina is closed to fishing for five years to allow Grayling a chance to survive. This is year 2.