PDA

View Full Version : BIGGEST Fish of the Trip!!! | Catching 3 foot long PIKE!!!

Timidhc
09-09-2017, 07:26 AM
After getting me on two of my personal best fish the day before Ben decided to try and show me up by catching two GIANT PIKE of his own!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlVMOa0WIEM

I still can't believe that those brutes dragged our anchored canoe around the lake like it was nothing!

Hopefully you enjoy the topwater blowups half as much as I did as well!
Now I just can't wait to go back and try to break into that 40" club!

wildwoods
09-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Great fish gents!!!

bigrfish
09-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Great fish gents!!!

X2...Looks like you had some fun.

Timidhc
09-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Did this thread get a bunch of comments wiped or was I just that tired this morning?

NSR Fisher
09-09-2017, 02:59 PM
Me and Timid are going back there one of these days and we're going to get a 40+ for you guys to see.

Maybe a couple of those 37's will be 40's by late ice season in march :sHa_shakeshout:

We caught a bunch of fish that didn't make the cut of clips that would render. Fishing that one point on the last day I probably caught a half dozen decent sized pike in just an hour or so until we started paddling over into the bay a bit.

Talking moose
09-09-2017, 03:04 PM
Nice fish boys. If you are willling to go that far, you should give Winnifred a shot. You won't be disappointed!

bigrfish
09-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Did this thread get a bunch of comments wiped or was I just that tired this morning?

Not sure.. Just joined
Big Pike are fun tho
Cheers

NSR Fisher
09-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Nice fish boys. If you are willling to go that far, you should give Winnifred a shot. You won't be disappointed!

I've always heard good things about Winnifred. Have to give it a shot one day.

Interesting question, has anyone here ever caught a walleye on Sandy? Jeff is the only guy I know who's caught one. Been there 6 times now with 2 or 3 guys in the boat each time and Jeff was the first.

Talking moose
09-09-2017, 04:45 PM
I've always heard good things about Winnifred. Have to give it a shot one day.

Interesting question, has anyone here ever caught a walleye on Sandy? Jeff is the only guy I know who's caught one. Been there 6 times now with 2 or 3 guys in the boat each time and Jeff was the first.

Have you specifically targeted walleye there? Other than chuck spoons? Pull bottom bouncers or jigged off the bottom?

NSR Fisher
09-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Have you specifically targeted walleye there? Other than chuck spoons? Pull bottom bouncers or jigged off the bottom?

Never trolled a bottom bouncer but I have jigged there quite a bit. Not on this trip, but then again Jeff caught his on a 3.5" Yellow & Black speckle spoon so maybe I wasn't using the wrong method anyways haha. :confused0024: But I have actually tried to target them with deep diving cranks, jerkbaits, various rapala's, also jigs, that sort of stuff. Maybe I've just been unlucky in the past. Jeff is simply the Walleye master of Sandy I guess, haha.

iYearn
09-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Another great video guys...well done.

And you both had a great time based on your comments throughout the show.

Dad playing video games at the end was an added bonus.

Fishing video+ gaming videos...what's next?

Oh I know....do one of those cyst exploding videos too and you will have the "youTube Trifecta". :-)