PDA

View Full Version : Why conservation can never work

Grizzly Adams
09-17-2017, 08:20 AM
As long as there are two sets of rules, our best laid plans are a waste of time and resources.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3750312/province-apologizes-for-fish-seizure-at-metis-camp-near-conklin/

Grizz

DiabeticKripple
09-17-2017, 08:24 AM
It's hard to regulate harvests when a large portion of the harvest can't be regulated.

CMichaud
09-17-2017, 09:58 AM
so wrong...we have our own system of apartheid here in Canada.

walking buffalo
09-17-2017, 10:23 AM
So the NDP are apologizing for F&W doing their job correctly?

Fishwhere
09-17-2017, 12:31 PM
Ridiculous.... no ones willing to take a stance on anything near this.

pikeman06
09-17-2017, 01:07 PM
Sheez every man for himself anymore. Like the coyote and the magpie fighting over the last few scraps. Just glad I have memories of the "good old days" in alberta... Not glad that our children pretty much will have nothing as far as quality fishing or hunting opportunities. Except for maybe the waterfowl hunting or unless it's fishing for a starving walleye that you can't keep.

happyfisher
09-17-2017, 03:16 PM
So we give the metis their own land...pay them...then they fish for free....wish I could get that deal....poor them....i hope they make it through this horrible ordeal....

elk eater
09-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Interesting that they have been let off the hook for not having the proper licence. Think the justice minister would step in if I shot a moose tomorrow ?! Oops I didn't know I needed a licences. O well you can forgive me and help me aquire the proper licence later. Must be nice !!!!

elk eater
09-17-2017, 04:35 PM
Oh oh oh. I just thought of a better idea. My ancestors have been hunting here for generations. Maybe we need a minister of Outdoorsman. You know help protect the people who actually pay to use the resource.

Stustage
09-17-2017, 04:44 PM
Interesting that they have been let off the hook for not having the proper licence. Think the justice minister would step in if I shot a moose tomorrow ?! Oops I didn't know I needed a licences. O well you can forgive me and help me aquire the proper licence later. Must be nice !!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/dOJt6XZlQw8qQ/giphy.gif

tangledangler
09-19-2017, 08:58 AM
With the fishing pressure that most of the lakes in AB are seeing it's time to stop netting all together. It makes no sense to me that they would allow a lake to be netted so close to Fort McMurray, a body of water that is already heavily fished. In my opinion that just shows nothing but disrespect for the resource.

Sooner
09-19-2017, 10:03 AM
The minister went to the camp and had a great time. Good for you new minister, why did you need to go all that way for a rule violation? Didn't your employee's(F&W) already do that?

On going efforts towards reconciliation? So letting certain people break the law and get away with it helps with reconciliation of our past wrongs. How is that even related to each other?