PDA

View Full Version : Spring Lake Stocked!

Sartorius
05-08-2009, 11:44 PM
It's official! Spring Lake was stocked today (May 8). I watched it happen with my own eyes.

It was a really interesting experience. The Fish & Wildlife guys deposited 6 cisterns full of rainbow trout into the lake through a hose. The trout ranged in length from about 3" to 8", with the average being around 6.5". They were feisty little buggers! They all had the urge to beach themselves on shore. A couple of us had to stand on shore in order to gently return the trout to the water.

I was extremely tempted to get out my rod a few hours later, but of course the trout are generally too small to fish for; you've got to let them grow a bit first! If anyone insists on going after the new trout soon, please make sure to practice catch and release!

Finally, I think that a fish stocking is something that every angler should get to see.

goober
05-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Any idea where else they hit today?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-08-2009, 11:52 PM
That's really neat Ive watched them stock lakes before its really neat, never have I seen them beach them selves as usually one of the folk who do the stocking is wearing waiters and put that hose out rather then super shallow water.

Sartorius
05-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Yeah, the driver parked a little far away from the lake, so the hose was only about two feet into the water. Also, I don't know if they hit any other lakes today.

Tweedsider
05-09-2009, 07:31 AM
Apparently they stocked Swan lake last Saturday!