PDA

View Full Version : chickakoo brookie

brook trout
05-09-2009, 02:58 PM
has anyone fished chickakoo latley cause i got that on my radar for this summer:D

AlbertaOutdoorsmen19
05-09-2009, 03:20 PM
:mad3:
By the amount of posts you are putting up about this , Im sure everyone gets the point that you want to fish it. If no one has replied then stop making 5 or 6 threads.
:lol:

378 Wthrby
05-09-2009, 03:30 PM
has anyone fished chickakoo latley cause i got that on my radar for this summer:D

Excellent, U have it on your radar, good...go have fun. We don't need 10 threads with your dreams and goals. Do the trip and write about it.
Have fun

Sartorius
05-09-2009, 04:13 PM
I fished it a year or two ago, and caught a mix of Rainbow and Brook trout. It's a fun little lake. You could also try Sauer, which is in the same park. Word is that Chickakoo winterkilled, but both Sauer and Chickakoo were just stocked today or yesterdayish.

brook trout
05-09-2009, 04:21 PM
thanks sartorius better than those mean ol guys that give nasty comments rather than answers:mad:

goober
05-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Yes I fished it.

troller
05-09-2009, 05:06 PM
thanks sartorius better than those mean ol guys that give nasty comments rather than answers:mad:

There are a lot of older folks who aren't sure how to handle youthful enthusiasm and get grouchy if you make them open too many threads ;)

How old are you anyway? How much fishing have you done?

I'm sure if the mods feel you have too many threads, they will just merge them. Slow down, read, search and enjoy the site. Don't give up too soon, but make less threads and try to make more direct titles when you do. Please understand people won't give you everything. You need to get out, find your own holes and what works for you :). Sometimes it will take a day or two before anyone will reply to your question, don't make another thread, it won't help.

Search is the key though.

brook trout
05-09-2009, 05:29 PM
thank you very much troller.:)

troller
05-09-2009, 05:46 PM
thank you very much troller.:)

No worries little buddy :)

brook trout
05-09-2009, 07:25 PM
I hear the rainbows are hard to catch:(

goober
05-11-2009, 02:02 PM
I fished it a year or two ago, and caught a mix of Rainbow and Brook trout. It's a fun little lake. You could also try Sauer, which is in the same park. Word is that Chickakoo winterkilled, but both Sauer and Chickakoo were just stocked today or yesterdayish.

Confirmed that Sauer was stocked late last week but Chickakoo still has not been stocked. I would have thought that they would have hit them both at the same time but apparently not.

Sartorius
05-11-2009, 03:24 PM
I guess I assumed that it would be stocked at the same time too. There were also a bunch of seagulls and terns flocking above Chickakoo, as if it had just been stocked.

hockeyfish
05-12-2009, 04:48 PM
it's good you posted this up more than once because i didn't notice this question before...

the people who complain about you posting the same thread are just online too often, and don't have anything to do than to make people feel bad

i went there in the winter and had good luck with brookies... some nice sized ones too..

if you go there tell me how it is because i've never been there in the summer

brook trout
05-12-2009, 07:09 PM
I'll do just that:D

ESOXangler
05-12-2009, 07:33 PM
theres no such thing as too many threads when you are talking about specks(brookies). its a tough crowd on here maybe its because ol'arthur has settled into there knuckles or they just need something to bitch about. Whiney f$%#s!!!

wake
05-12-2009, 10:11 PM
Chickakoo will get stocked in the next couple of weeks, Brookies and bows...

Rainbows are in Sauer as of a week ago.

sunnyvalesmostwanted
05-13-2009, 07:40 PM
I went to go see where chickakoo was for the first tiem today, on my way to work.....welll, maybe it w as a bit of a detour :D

Didnt see any fish when i was there, but did see whre a few ppl had been fishin lately and cant wait to come back in a cpl weeks....maybe even bring the kidies for a fishin day - they could try to catch their first trouts :cool:

goober
05-13-2009, 08:29 PM
If you can hit it with the kids soon after it has been stocked I guarantee they will catch their first Trout. You could take them to Sauer in the mean time, was there the other day and caught about 45 of the new stockers.

Fishmaster
05-13-2009, 11:04 PM
i was out on chikakoo on sunday nd not a singlee bite nor a rise the lakes smelt gross and got mor eshallower nd water realllly dirty especially by the boat lunch