PDA

View Full Version : Sauer cna Chickakoo Lakes Stocked!

Sartorius
05-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Make that "Sauer and* Chickakoo Lakes Stocked!"

I just headed out to these two lakes today, Sauer definitely had new trout in it (they were jumping all over the lake) and I'm guessing Chickakoo was also stocked, although I didn't have any visuals on rising fish because the wind was really bad, and it drove me off the lake. One clue that Chickakoo was probably stocked was the huge flock of seagulls and terns flying above the lake, looking for little newly stocked trout. I'm guessing they were stocked either today or yesterdayish.

I tried catching a few of them, even though they were small, but didn't manage to hook any. Being a lowly spin fisherman, I tired out a few small Panther Martins with no success. It looked like there was a hatch going on, as there were numerous small black insects skimming over the water. I tried some flies under a bobber, but still nothing. Hopefully other people will have more success!

I noticed when I watched Spring Lake being stocked that the trout were rising and jumping right out of the hose. Why do they do this? I doubt that they'd start feeding immediately. I wonder if the trout at Sauer were feeding, or just jumping for the same reason that the Spring Lake trout were.

brook trout
05-09-2009, 05:42 PM
hello thats nice to hear that the trout were stocked. im very happy but its to bad you didnt catch anything:(