PDA

View Full Version : Zeiss vs. Leupold Scope

Sakoman
01-14-2007, 08:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone had the Zeiss Conquest scope and if they could or had compared it to a Leupold VX-II. Aside from the Zeiss being more expensive is there much of a difference??

Thanks.

Hoopi
01-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Hi:

The conquest compares well to the VX-III's, I don't know about the VX-II's. The price is about the same. Eye relief is good in both scopes. But the slight edge goes to the Leupolds because of weight (its 4 oz lighter for the 2.5-8X) and repairs can happen right here in Alberta (if it ever breaks because I hear there is an authroized repair shop in AB). You never mentioned what kind of gun you were putting it on. If a lightweight sheep rifle, I would go with the lighter scope to save a few oz's. If you want to compare scope spec to to Cabelas.com and check out the comparison page.

Hoopi

prairieboy
01-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Owning both the conquest and the vxIII ,I find the conquest brighter than the vxIII in low light conditions.I find the vxIII brighter than the vxII.The conquest also has a constant eye relief at all magnifications,unlike the leupold.

GRTWHT
01-14-2007, 11:23 PM
Hi Sakoman, I own both, as far as the claity the Zeiss has the leupold beat. Have not had any problems with either scope so not sure how easy getting warranty work done would be.

varmitr
01-14-2007, 11:57 PM
hoopi, the leupy site is in okotoks.
i have two 3.5x10x50 leupys. i had considered the conquest, but the store gave me a little better deal on the leupolds just cause they were in stock.
not sure about the vxii, im thinking its not fair to compare the two, optics have come a long ways in last few years. and you really cant go wrong with either

nube
01-15-2007, 12:18 AM
I have both but I think the conquest is better. Just bought a 4.5-14x50mm for $589 U.S. Can't beat the price.

guidehunt
01-15-2007, 10:34 AM
I OWN A FEW LEUPOLD SCOPES AND I HAVE HAD SOME TROUBLE WITH POWER RING .BUT THEY HAVE A PLACE IN SOUTHERN ALBERTA THAT DOES WARENTY WORK HAD MY SCOPE BACK IN A WEEK FIXEDVERY GOOD SERVICE.

cmfic1
01-16-2007, 12:43 AM
This topic usually creates quite the s__t storm. Both really good scopes. I have only heard about the conquests, & have no experience with them. But I know the older Zeiss werent very good at all. But just as everything else, the crappy stuff gets weeded out, and usually improvements are made.
I have always had & always will have Leupold. I have about 10 right now, and shopping for a couple more.
They each have benefits over each other.

-Industry wide, Leupolds warranty cant be beat.
-Both are very, very good glass, with the brightness going to Zeiss by an edge.
-What PB says about the Leupolds eye relief changing with power level is true, but even @ high mag. its still better eye relief than most

Bottom line is that both Scopes are excellent, you cant go wrong with either, but I will never, ever stray from Leupold!

I know the Hunting/Shooting that Nube does, and a little about Prairie boy as well, and if they are using Zeiss, they will be good!!