PDA

View Full Version : Fish in Hastings lake

cranky
09-30-2017, 09:21 AM
Met a guy the other day who claims he catches fish in Hastings Lake. Anyone know if Hastings holds fish or is it like Antler Lake just down the road,no fish?

Dewey Cox
09-30-2017, 09:36 AM
Caught perch there many years ago.
But I heard it winter killed since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isopod
09-30-2017, 10:47 PM
Twenty or so years ago it was good for perch but then we had a bunch of dry years and the lake dropped about 8 feet and seems to have stabilized at that new low level. The lake was pretty shallow to begin with and now I think it is too shallow for anything, except perhaps sticklebacks. I have tried fishing it since the water levels dropped but got nothing, not even a nibble. Sure is close to the city though, if you try it out, report back.

cranky
09-30-2017, 11:28 PM
Twenty or so years ago it was good for perch but then we had a bunch of dry years and the lake dropped about 8 feet and seems to have stabilized at that new low level. The lake was pretty shallow to begin with and now I think it is too shallow for anything, except perhaps sticklebacks. I have tried fishing it since the water levels dropped but got nothing, not even a nibble. Sure is close to the city though, if you try it out, report back.

Have friends who are thinking of renting a lot to put a trailer on out there year round. I told him if there is fish in there i would buy a cheap tinner and leave it there and we could do a little fishing next year. Thats the reason for asking.

Isopod
10-01-2017, 01:38 AM
Check it out this winter for ice fishing. Basically a big bowl, punch a few holes and see if anything is still there. I'm pretty sure it is dead now, but any news otherwise would be good news.