PDA

View Full Version : Wild TV

slabm7
09-30-2017, 10:01 PM
I've never subscribed to this channel before but I noticed this week it popped up on Telus free previews. I watched a few shows over the first couple days and really liked it, some great whitetail and elk bow hunts. But the more I watch the more annoyed I get. It's all tv hosts going through outfitters, every epidsode. And every 30 min show is 15 mins of commercials and ads. I was debating to subscribe to the channel but won't be anymore. The only show I seem to like is Raised Hunting which actually shows the family and emotional side of hunting. But I don't think Wild TV will get my money.

warriorboy10
09-30-2017, 11:19 PM
No doubt tons of commercials. The channel is definitely not a must but it is a local channel so I try support that. Take it or leave it I guess!!

58thecat
10-01-2017, 03:08 AM
PVR the shows you wan to watch, skip the commercial crap then.:)

Talking moose
10-01-2017, 03:56 AM
Works out to about 2 dimes a day. Not a major life decision. As stated, even if there is only a few shows you enjoy, pvr it and watch at your leisure.

Red Bullets
10-01-2017, 04:51 AM
Works out to about 2 dimes a day. Not a major life decision. As stated, even if there is only a few shows you enjoy, pvr it and watch at your leisure.

20 cents X 365 days = 73.00. That's either 2 boxes of bullets or fishing bait for the season. :)

TBark
10-01-2017, 06:00 AM
Ya, between the regular commercials and the host promos, it's near half the program time now.
And the contents, like u say, hosted or guided on private land or ranches.
Show me public land hunts any day over that, even guided, but at least the average Joe can relate and be somewhat interested.
I've seen some of that on Wild, Kubie and Dana, but they need more of that.

TBark

Talking moose
10-01-2017, 08:42 AM
20 cents X 365 days = 73.00. That's either 2 boxes of bullets or fishing bait for the season. :)

Correct. Cheap.

243 wild cat
10-01-2017, 08:42 AM

Good point lol :sHa_sarcasticlol:

bucksman
10-01-2017, 10:58 PM
Take what you can get, it’s next to impossible to run a tv show that’s strictly public land hunts for an entire year I’d imagine, any one of those shows use the best gear or sponsors out there? Nope they take sponsorships from anyone they can get, until you get big enough to tell the little guys to go pound sand or make your own brand. Everyone cries about wild tv all the time but the cost of gas and cameras alone would bury a regular guy without sponsors

ResidentSpokesman
10-02-2017, 08:48 AM
Having been involved with filming a show for a few years I understand how hard it is to put together a seasons worth of episodes. Utilizing Outfitters is nearly the only way to produce anything worth watching.

warriorboy10
10-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Having been involved with filming a show for a few years I understand how hard it is to put together a seasons worth of episodes. Utilizing Outfitters is nearly the only way to produce anything worth watching.

I believe that!!

ltens
10-02-2017, 11:13 AM
Subscribe to WildTv on Bell. Wish it was broadcast in HD. As all the shows are filmed using HD equiptment.

Fisherpeak
10-02-2017, 11:28 AM
Had it, hated all the crap, but sometimes the 10 minutes of actual hunting was worth it. Cancelled it.

trigger7mm
10-02-2017, 06:51 PM
Cancelled mine, save your money.

AlbertaAl
10-02-2017, 07:43 PM
wife cancelled the subscription this past weekend to save household finances.
i wont miss it.

bakerman
10-02-2017, 09:37 PM
I'm sure glad we have it, in the states they have several outdoor channels to choose from, at least we have one,hopefully they have enough support to stay on the air so we can keep watching our few Canadian shows out there.

aulrich
10-03-2017, 08:45 AM
Wild TV is like regular TV stuff you like intermixed with crap. With Telus it's in the same group as WFN so between the two there is something on the PVR I can watch. But yea there is a ton of Bass, tree stand whitetails and turkey crap to parse though to get to the good stuff.

TBark
10-04-2017, 02:41 AM
It’s better than watching Babe fall out of his boat on the US channels I guess.

TBark

Prairiewolf
10-04-2017, 06:25 AM
I subscribed about two months ago and am now in the re-run phase with alot of the shows it seems. Yes, lots of commercials. But for the price of a couple of cups of coffee I'll keep it.

For guys on the fence, youtube can give you more variety if you want.

madball
10-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Take what you can get, it’s next to impossible to run a tv show that’s strictly public land hunts for an entire year I’d imagine, any one of those shows use the best gear or sponsors out there? Nope they take sponsorships from anyone they can get, until you get big enough to tell the little guys to go pound sand or make your own brand. Everyone cries about wild tv all the time but the cost of gas and cameras alone would bury a regular guy without sponsors

Meateater is almost exclusively public land. So is all of Randy Newberg's stuff, so is almost all the Solo Hunter stuff. There is a ton of content out there thats all public land and most of it is FAR superior to the **** they put on Wild TV. For a country who's heritage is so tightly wound with hunting its sad to see how little hunting content is available through traditional channels like television.

Everyone cries about Wild TV because their content is 95% garbage

Nayr
10-04-2017, 12:57 PM
I find youtube has all the shows wild has and many more, you can search what you like, say BC elk or Alaska moose

6.5 shooter
10-04-2017, 01:36 PM
SELL SELL SELL....useful information not so much.

Okotokian
10-04-2017, 03:15 PM
A lot of crap on that channel. On the other hand it's pretty cheap. I figure you get what you pay for. at $5 or $6 a month I don't mind. $20 a month and it would be gone for me.

Most people who put together a hunting show have no clue. Just amateurs with no on-screen presence, who produce 20 minutes of mindless pap that looks no different than the other 20 shows of the same ilk. Occaisionally you get a good one with high production values or that actually provides some instruction and knowledge. But most of the time it's Festus just pulling one fish after another out of the water and yelling "Look at that one!" LOL

Nester
10-04-2017, 05:29 PM
I really tried to like it....failed.

Too many commercials, stalk, shoot, shoot again, get very very excited, pose, talk about the awesome outfitter. Repeat.

Some shows were OK, others....not so much.

NEXT!