PDA

View Full Version : Any members use Alair homes?

Duster_80
10-01-2017, 11:36 AM
Just wondered if any members out there have used Alair homes? We are looking into some builders, and have spoke to Alair but they have an odd contract. Just wondering if anyone could provide feedback, or their experience?

ganderblaster
10-01-2017, 04:46 PM
I work for them as a subtrade so take what I say with that in mind. In my experience they are great to work with and all the projects I have been a part of so far have satisfied clients.

Duster_80
10-01-2017, 10:03 PM
I work for them as a subtrade so take what I say with that in mind. In my experience they are great to work with and all the projects I have been a part of so far have satisfied clients.

Cost wise would you say they are on par, or lower than local contractors, that also use sub trades?

ceadog
10-02-2017, 08:48 AM
I had clients use them for some renos when I was a residential Realtor. Decent pricing, flexible for working with the bank's financing of the renos. Never worked with them on a new build.

Attilathecanuk
10-02-2017, 09:50 AM
They have a system in which they tell you exactly how much their contractor charges and what the markup will be before you give your approval on the work. The project manager tries to get 3 prices from 3 different companies and lets you choose which one to go with. The business model is total transparency.