PDA

View Full Version : WSS discounts

blackonblackfx4
10-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Anyone been to WSS recently, they still offering very little discounts or have the discounts increased? Was gunna stop by this Friday and check out reloading components and maybe some fishing lures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frederickwreid
10-01-2017, 08:39 PM
Anyone been to WSS recently, they still offering very little discounts or have the discounts increased? Was gunna stop by this Friday and check out reloading components and maybe some fishing lures.

Stopped in there Friday. The discounts are still very minimal. Most interesting and desirable stuff is still only 5%. They advertise 30% off - but it's very select product. Most fishing stuff is at 10%.

Hawkhills
10-01-2017, 08:59 PM
Stopped in there Friday. The discounts are still very minimal. Most interesting and desirable stuff is still only 5%. They advertise 30% off - but it's very select product. Most fishing stuff is at 10%.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkStopped by Sat.Fishing stuff 20 percent off.Ammo only 5 percent off.No big savings yet

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

warriorboy10
10-01-2017, 09:26 PM
Might be awhile before there is an increase in discounts, still have inventory arriving and pallets of inventory in storage is the word I have heard. Maybe bs..

.257Weatherby
10-01-2017, 09:52 PM
WSS isnt going belly up .
They are not filing for bankruptcy.
They decided to close up shop for purely business reasons.
If they where to blow their inventory out for next to free they would be even poorer than they are now.

The chain had revenue of $103 million in 2016, down nine per cent from $113 million in 2015.

UFA Co-operative Ltd is a business and they are still are in business , just one of their holdings is loosing value, flooding the market with discount product isnt good business .

But, it is what it is.
Rob

Jays toyz
10-01-2017, 10:12 PM
I was told by a wholesale employee that they had warehouses full of stock and would not run low for a "long time".

colroggal
10-01-2017, 11:23 PM
I was told by a wholesale employee that they had warehouses full of stock and would not run low for a "long time".

If they have that much stock why the heck wasn't it on the shelves before they went out of business???

Colin

calgarygringo
10-02-2017, 06:47 AM
They laid off most of those people at the start of it all.

If they have that much stock why the heck wasn't it on the shelves before they went out of business???

Colin

Gray Wolf
10-02-2017, 10:23 AM

Colin

I don't think you quite understand what's going on here!

They haven't gone out of business yet :lol:

LeonH
10-02-2017, 07:31 PM

I stopped by Edmonton North store today and discounts are still the same. Starting to be fairly quiet in the store as people have come to their senses

Bigwoodsman
10-02-2017, 07:36 PM
I stopped by Edmonton North store today and discounts are still the same. Starting to be fairly quiet in the store as people have come to their senses

The more people stay away the higher the discounts will become.

BW

Sooner
10-02-2017, 08:35 PM
I went in to the South Edmonton store last week on Thursday night. Quiet store, tons of stuff still on the shelves. No real deals yet but I did use up my 50 buck gift card on some 30-06 shells and 2 packs of 100/per .22 longs. I will wander through again when I know there are some real deals.

Pixel Shooter
10-02-2017, 09:05 PM
25% off All waterfowl and accessories. Picked up another 10 dozen sillosocks. Decent deal. But that's all I walked out with

Bulldog Edm
10-02-2017, 09:09 PM
I asked the staff when the deals will get better. They said that they have no idea. The sale is being ran by a liquidator. So I wait. There's a bag I want but I can get it $80 cheaper from Amazon.

Sundancefisher
10-02-2017, 09:17 PM

Standard practice to make money in a closeup sale is to buy a whole bunch more inventory and mark it down but retaining a nice profit margin.

Roderek
10-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Website says up to 40% now
http://www.wholesalesports.com/

jcrayford
10-05-2017, 04:36 PM
I was told today by someone working their last days, that Thursdays will be the new change-in-sales days going forward. I went in at lunch and discovered the mark downs are at 40%.

Next Thursday? 45%? 50%? Although the important stuff like ammo remains at 5% off..... But you can get an overpriced Bradley smoker for 15% off....

This was all at the YYC location.

J.

covey ridge
10-05-2017, 07:55 PM
The stuff that was up to 30% is now up to 40%. Most stuff is still 5 and 10%.
Rimf rifles and rimf ammo is 10%

That up to 40% still bring em in:)

Scott N
10-05-2017, 08:07 PM
I was told today by someone working their last days, that Thursdays will be the new change-in-sales days going forward. I went in at lunch and discovered the mark downs are at 40%.

Next Thursday? 45%? 50%? Although the important stuff like ammo remains at 5% off..... But you can get an overpriced Bradley smoker for 15% off....

This was all at the YYC location.

J.

Would you say overall that they have quite a bit of merchandise left? Or are they starting to move some stuff?

Pathfinder76
10-05-2017, 08:09 PM

Colin

Great question

covey ridge
10-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Would you say overall that they have quite a bit of merchandise left? Or are they starting to move some stuff?

They got lots of good stuff left, but the bankers or bean counters are reluctant to drop the prices too low. They always had lots of stuff but they seemed to be always out of stuff customers wanted. Now they are filling up shelf space and not waiting for really popular stuff to arrive.

I think that once the warehouses are starting to empty and what you see is what is left the prices will really drop. To them is does not make sense to drop items like ammo with hunting season just starting.

Scott N
10-05-2017, 08:18 PM
They got lots of good stuff left, but the bankers or bean counters are reluctant to drop the prices too low. They always had lots of stuff but they seemed to be always out of stuff customers wanted. Now they are filling up shelf space and not waiting for really popular stuff to arrive.

thanks for the update.

Heyupduck
10-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Went there tonight (north store) not really impressed. Selection of scopes is getting lower, 40% off (some) jackets and shoes, but they are running out of the common sizes
reloading supplies 15% (I think, maybe 10%)
Rings/bases 30% off, but the prices seemed a little high to start with
ammo still 5% off, rimfire 10% off now
Tikka's in the low $1000s, but Cabelas have a sale and are selling there at around $900

Picked up some cci green tag at $18, but that's all.

Give it another few weeks, maybe some better deals will come. The staff were really nice there and my heart goes out to them. Overheard a guy asking a guy at the guncounter when next wave of discounts would come - he basically said no idea, all in liquidators hands now. - but nice to know thursdays as posted above

Justfishin73
10-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Waterfowl discounts are ok. Bought a couple dozen sleeper geese decoys, ok discount. Did get a great deal on a nice birdvest, $65 from $119. Been looking for one, very happy to locate it.

YoteStopper
10-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Their sweetening the deals a bit, scopes now 15% and some clearance scopes are 25%.

Reloading equipment and components now 15% as well.

Still not too much on ammo, but maybe in the next few weeks.