PDA

View Full Version : CBS fires executive for online post after Vegas shooting

HVA7mm
10-02-2017, 04:21 PM
What a clueless.......Nice post by a likely progressive, left-leaning corporate lawyer. I absolutely despise her ilk.

CBS Corp. fired a vice president in business affairs Monday for comments she made on social media regarding the mass shooting at a country music festival in Las Vegas.

Hayley Geftman-Gold, wrote on her Facebook page that she was not sympathetic to victims of the shooting because, she claimed, most country music fans are Republican.

Geftman-Gold also wrote: “If they wouldn’t do anything when children were murdered I have no hope that Repugs will ever do the right thing. I’m actually not even sympathetic bc country music fans often are Republican gun toters.”

The comments were deleted but not before they were picked up on a number of right-wing blogs and websites. A petition was posted online that called for her firing.

A CBS spokesperson confirmed that Geftman-Gold was dismissed because of her comments.

“This individual, who was with us for approximately one year, violated the standards of our company and is no longer an employee of CBS. Her views as expressed on social media are deeply unacceptable to all of us at CBS. Our hearts go out to the victims in Las Vegas and their families,” the company said in a statement.

CBintheNorth
10-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Wow, what a prize.

I'll bet the CBC thought briefly how to promote her before the pitchforks started coming.

Twisted Canuck
10-02-2017, 04:49 PM
Ah, the tolerant left rears it's lovely head again. 'Who cares if country music fans get gunned down? They are a bunch of gun toting red neck hicks who voted Trump anyway, they deserve to die'.

Very progressive thinking indeed. Jesus....

Taco
10-02-2017, 05:01 PM
I would say based on years of personal observation, that the "left" aren't the only ones prone to idiotic ill thought out public comments.

HVA7mm
10-02-2017, 05:32 PM
I would say based on years of personal observation, that the "left" aren't the only ones prone to idiotic ill thought out public comments.

Agreed, however this ones post doesn't mesh well with their supposed "tolerant", "open-minded" beliefs. I guess that she didn't realize that there are people from all walks of life that enjoy country music, dare I say even Democrats. Being a corporate executive, she definitely should have known better, and I'm glad that she got turfed instead of CBS simply issuing a half hearted apology.

hunterdan44
10-02-2017, 05:45 PM
What a poor excuse for a human being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

58thecat
10-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Ahhh yup it's called consequences, immediate...

covey ridge
10-02-2017, 06:43 PM
Agreed, however this ones post doesn't mesh well with their supposed "tolerant", "open-minded" beliefs. I guess that she didn't realize that there are people from all walks of life that enjoy country music, dare I say even Democrats. Being a corporate executive, she definitely should have known better, and I'm glad that she got turfed instead of CBS simply issuing a half hearted apology.

That post does not mesh with being a civilized human being. Something like that can never be taken back because it reveals her most true self:(

KGB
10-02-2017, 09:45 PM
She is not only dumb and insensitive to the human sufferings and lose of life's but she is plain dangerous! I hope she doesn't own any firearms - it is people like her who are starting shooting people in a blind rage!