PDA

View Full Version : hello new to the boating scene

jesse34567
05-09-2009, 08:57 PM
hey,

i have a few questions i recently bought a sylvan 1700 adventure

http://www.sylvanmarine.com/showroom/ShowModel.aspx?ModelID=801&seriesid=52

now some things i am concerned about is where the bilge pump is located??

also my manual keeps talking about how u need to run a bilge blower before starting the outboard to eliminate toxic explosive fumes,,,, i have know idea where that switch to turn it on is located

also thirdly are their fuse panels/boxes located in the hull

and what precautions would u take before starting the outboard??

JohninAB
05-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Congrats on a fine boat. the bilge pump will be located at the back of the boat on the floor down by the drain plug.

On an outboard there is no need to run a blower to rid the gases. That only applies to inboards.

Depends if your switches have breakers in them or not. but usually the fuse panel is located up underneath the dash near the steering wheel.

Make sure the primer bulb on your fuel hose is pumped up, start the engine as per the manual. If your motor is direct injection just turn the key and away it should go. if it is just a plain ole two stroke then you probably have the push the key in as you turn the motor over to choke it. Make sure the motor is all the way down so the prop is in the water. Motor should not start in gear or turn over.

jesse34567
05-09-2009, 11:08 PM
thanks so much

308 man
05-10-2009, 08:06 AM
If you have a gas tank on board it is a good idea to run the blower to rid the boat of fumes

Walleyes
05-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Congrats on the new boat jesse hope you enjoy it for years to come.

If you have a gas tank on board it is a good idea to run the blower to rid the boat of fumes

If its an outboard there is no blower on the boat to run..