PDA

View Full Version : It has to work both ways.

KegRiver
10-02-2017, 05:58 PM
On Saturday night a lone Policeman, Const. Mike Chernyk, stood between the citizens of Edmonton and a lunatic.

Some would say he was only doing his job, which is true of course.

It is also true that the football, hockey, baseball, player is also only doing his job. Those players are called heroes, and Stars, and paid millions of dollars per year to work a few weeks out of the year.

I doubt Const. Mike Chernyk earns more then 60k a year.

Many are quick to jump on the band wagon and call for a lynching when an officer steps over the line.

I say, we have no right to complain if we don't also recognize and appreciate those officers who go above and beyond.

Today I wished I lived in Edmonton, just for a week, so I could salute every EPS member I could find.

Ladies and Gentleman of the EPS, you are the best and I salute you.

I wish I could do more. Offer you a home cooked meal or a fishing trip to my favorite honey hole, but that is not possible.

Please know that I recognize and appreciate the work you all do.

V45 sabre
10-02-2017, 06:03 PM
That is very well said and I couldn't agree more.

58thecat
10-02-2017, 06:05 PM
Spot on Keg.

To those who give so much for so little to keep us safe thank you.

Battle Rat
10-02-2017, 06:17 PM
Well stated.

chuck0039
10-02-2017, 06:22 PM
Well said. It's a job that I would not want.

Ken07AOVette
10-02-2017, 06:24 PM
Good thread Keg.

I want to puke everytime I see someone whining about Policing for recreational drug use or photo radar or speeding tickets or tint fines.

These people are the unsung hero's that we count on daily, yet some bash constantly.

Not fair or justified at all.

calgarychef
10-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Well said. I'm very critical of bad policing because we should be critical of that stuff. In this case I wish I was standing beside that puke so i could put the boots to his kidneys and help the cop out.

huntsfurfish
10-02-2017, 07:03 PM
On Saturday night a lone Policeman, Const. Mike Chernyk, stood between the citizens of Edmonton and a lunatic.

Some would say he was only doing his job, which is true of course.

It is also true that the football, hockey, baseball, player is also only doing his job. Those players are called heroes, and Stars, and paid millions of dollars per year to work a few weeks out of the year.

I doubt Const. Mike Chernyk earns more then 60k a year.

Many are quick to jump on the band wagon and call for a lynching when an officer steps over the line.

I say, we have no right to complain if we don't also recognize and appreciate those officers who go above and beyond.

Today I wished I lived in Edmonton, just for a week, so I could salute every EPS member I could find.

Ladies and Gentleman of the EPS, you are the best and I salute you.

I wish I could do more. Offer you a home cooked meal or a fishing trip to my favorite honey hole, but that is not possible.

Please know that I recognize and appreciate the work you all do.

Well said and agree!

sns2
10-02-2017, 07:07 PM
Excellent post.

CNP
10-02-2017, 07:27 PM
I support the rule of law and it's enforcement 100%. But you may want to update your knowledge of the salary of police officers. Police in general are paid rather well in Canada.

EPS pay rate (http://www.joineps.ca/WhyEPS/Salary.aspx):

1st year constable $67,000
Senior constable level II (11 years complete) $110,000.

covey ridge
10-02-2017, 07:29 PM
Keg
It does work both ways and it was good of you to remind us.
Thanks

dodger
10-02-2017, 07:29 PM
Good thread. Thanks !!

Dodger

Zip
10-02-2017, 07:37 PM
Great post Keg, we should all do well to read it and live it, thanks for the reminder of what is really right, bashing.....not right at all!
Zip:)

Bigwoodsman
10-02-2017, 08:29 PM
Great post Keg!

Well put.

To all the EPS members on AO a big heart felt THANK YOU!

To all the first responders on AO Thank you for what you do every day!

My thoughts of gratitude extend to all first responders around the world. Thank you for doing what you do.

BW