PDA

View Full Version : Flames 2017/18 season

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

colt-44
10-03-2017, 08:55 PM
Now it starts...

Bessie dog and Moose lips your're welcome to come here and talk to the leaders with respect
first game out ..what can I say
Clgy5-2 over oilslick

and the beat goes on :sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

sgill808
10-03-2017, 09:01 PM
Good edit on the title.

GO FLAMES GO!!!

Talking moose
10-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Your post is rubbish without any links to support this claim...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

270person
10-03-2017, 09:10 PM
McDavid & Draisaitl 5

Flames 2

colt-44
10-03-2017, 09:11 PM
Your post is rubbish without any links to support this claim...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

so soon with the loose lips .... do you like crow :sHa_shakeshout:

bessiedog
10-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Colt..... you's a gonna be eatin that cheesy hat your wearing on your 17th ave hipster bearded head.

Orange crush izza comin fer ya!

Only thing you got to look forward to this season is mullet shaky bobblehead nights at the ShabbieDome.

So there!

Ha!

(Mic dropped till game time tomorrow)

colt-44
10-03-2017, 09:38 PM
Colt..... you's a gonna be eatin that cheesy hat your wearing on your 17th ave hipster bearded head.

Orange crush izza comin fer ya!

Only thing you got to look forward to this season is mullet shaky bobblehead nights at the ShabbieDome.

So there!

Ha!

(Mic dropped till game time tomorrow)

lol.... Bessie ..so glad you back ... but obviously you haven't grown up or learnt anything ....orange juice is horrible ...let the games begin....hair is obviously a weak spot for you ....lol.....

flames insult the Mcfries first game ....

LET"S go and I like my hat as well as yurs

boah
10-03-2017, 09:43 PM
One thing about flames fans. They sure set themselves up for disappointment every year.

colt-44
10-03-2017, 09:46 PM
you Oiler people are spooky looking .... but ya we are bold and confident :bad_boys_20:

does it ALL outdoors
10-04-2017, 12:22 AM
lol.... Bessie ..so glad you back ... but obviously you haven't grown up or learnt anything ....orange juice is horrible ...let the games begin....hair is obviously a weak spot for you ....lol.....

flames insult the Mcfries first game ....

LET"S go and I like my hat as well as yurs

Maybe try winning just one against the Oilers this year, start there. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

sgill808
10-04-2017, 10:00 AM
Maybe try winning just one against the Oilers this year, start there. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Tonight. McNugget and the Oilers will be 0 and 1.:sHa_shakeshout:

Trochu
10-04-2017, 10:33 AM

I wonder if Russel/Benning, 2nd line paring, and Nurse/Gryba, 3rd line paring, will have anything to do with it. It may be sketchy if Larson ever gets a penalty.

Nayr
10-04-2017, 12:30 PM
Oil 7 Flamers 1

jstubbs
10-04-2017, 12:44 PM
4-3, OT win for Oil. Going to be a lot of fun regardless the outcome.

Scott N
10-04-2017, 12:48 PM
One thing for certain, which ever team wins tonight better plan their Stanley Cup parade route lol.

lmtada
10-04-2017, 01:54 PM
4-2 Oil

Talking moose
10-04-2017, 02:32 PM
14-1 oilers.

sgill808
10-04-2017, 02:39 PM
You guys must be playing "puff puff pass" :bad_boys_20:

kevinhits
10-04-2017, 02:42 PM
I hate to say it but....6-2 Oil:sign0176:

Prairiewolf
10-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Edmonton: 4

Seattle, I mean, Calgary: 2

Twisted Canuck
10-04-2017, 03:43 PM
One thing for certain, which ever team wins tonight better plan their Stanley Cup parade route lol.

:lol: isn't that the truth of most hard core fans....

14-1 oilers.

OK, that's a little extreme even for a Moose, but if you want to put money on a 13 point spread I'll take the under....$100?

bessiedog
10-04-2017, 03:52 PM
:lol: isn't that the truth of most hard core fans....

OK, that's a little extreme even for a Moose, but if you want to put money on a 13 point spread I'll take the under....$100?

It's the rut man.

He's all 'go big or go home' like da other bulls.

colt-44
10-04-2017, 04:01 PM
14-1 oilers.

delusional and over heating . that time of year , nature calls ..go cool it off in a pond :character0110: lol

Talking moose
10-04-2017, 04:05 PM
delusional and over heating . that time of year , nature calls ..go cool it off in a pond :character0110: lol

That little outburst cost you a goal. 15-1.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

colt-44
10-04-2017, 06:24 PM
That little outburst cost you a goal. 15-1.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

LOL ...but you know what ? Oilers better win on home ice and opener.. but if they DON'T .... :bad_boys_20: pressure is on you :)

Talking moose
10-04-2017, 06:27 PM
LOL ...but you know what ? Oilers better win on home ice and opener.. but if they DON'T .... :bad_boys_20: pressure is on you :)

Home ice means little. If it ment a lot the flames would of won a game last year....:scared0018:

colt-44
10-04-2017, 06:33 PM
Home ice means little. If it ment a lot the flames would of won a game last year....:scared0018:

so are you saying the oilers MAY lose on home ice tonite ..Oilers are the no 1 choice team to win the cup ...anything less is failure ....

Trochu
10-04-2017, 08:20 PM
Doing better than last year already!

bessiedog
10-04-2017, 08:35 PM
You're joking right...?

The ice is still shiney in the Oiler blue.

10 min in.

And WHAaaaaHoooooogaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

McDavid!!!!!!!

Eat it Shames!!!!!

Trochu
10-04-2017, 08:39 PM
You're joking right...?

The ice is still shiney in the Oiler blue.

10 min in.

I forgot, Oilers fans have incredible short memories and most have blocked out the past 10 years....

No, I'm not joking. What was the score 10 minutes in this time last year?

bessiedog
10-04-2017, 08:44 PM
What was the final score in that game.......?

Hmmmm?

Huh...?

Oh!

Right.

We beat your saddle sore arses.

Get used to it.

sgill808
10-04-2017, 08:52 PM
Kassian needs a band-aid... maybe mcdavid can share one if his Scooby doo ones.

fitzy
10-04-2017, 08:53 PM
What was the final score in that game.......?

Hmmmm?

Huh...?

Oh!

Right.

We beat your saddle sore arses.

Get used to it.

They can pick any game last year lol it was the same in every one

fitzy
10-04-2017, 08:54 PM
Kassian needs a band-aid... maybe mcdavid can share one if his Scooby doo ones.

He's to busy tearing your dreams apart lol

bessiedog
10-04-2017, 09:33 PM
1/2 way through the second

Shots are 10-1 Edm

That defense is really working well for ya boys!

bessiedog
10-04-2017, 10:26 PM
McJeeeezuz!!!

End to end!!!

Ya baby!!!!!!!

fitzy
10-04-2017, 10:46 PM
This kid is something else.

Good thing the Shames have the best defense in the league or this would be a run away. McDavid sure makes them turn around fast.

bessiedog
10-04-2017, 10:47 PM
Aaaand a hatty!!!!!!

Oooooohhh baby!

3-0!

Gnite flamers.

Bulldog Edm
10-04-2017, 10:54 PM
Haha I love bessie's play by plays!

fitzy
10-04-2017, 10:54 PM
HATTIE!!!! For the win!!!

huntsfurfish
10-04-2017, 10:56 PM
That was McAwesome!:)

brendan's dad
10-04-2017, 11:00 PM
I thought this was a Flames thread. Where did all the Flames Fans go?????

fitzy
10-04-2017, 11:06 PM
Braiding their Scooby doo band aids into nooses lol

does it ALL outdoors
10-04-2017, 11:12 PM

That's Mc Hattrick to you. Mr. Mc Hattrick

does it ALL outdoors
10-04-2017, 11:15 PM

The shames are 12-21-11 in season openers and haven't won one in almost a DECADE. After sweeping them last year I'm sure the Oilers were just terrified :scared0018:

270person
10-04-2017, 11:26 PM
McDavid & Draisaitl 5

Flames 2

I err'd. McDavid & Draisaitl 5....Flames 0

fitzy
10-04-2017, 11:39 PM
I wonder if Russel/Benning, 2nd line paring, and Nurse/Gryba, 3rd line paring, will have anything to do with it. It may be sketchy if Larson ever gets a penalty.

I'd worry more about little Johnny getting 0 shots tonight.

Talking moose
10-05-2017, 12:20 AM
As expected, total domination in every aspect of the game. Even oils d-men put on a clinic for the flames d-men. I wish the flames would start taking notes because I really miss the battle of Alberta. One can dream.:sHa_shakeshout:

Talking moose
10-05-2017, 12:21 AM
Mcdavid on line for 246 goals.

drhu22
10-05-2017, 01:32 AM
I thought this was a Flames thread. Where did all the Flames Fans go?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lPJ9J-6vDw

Trochu
10-05-2017, 06:12 AM
Well, at least Smith looked pretty good, wouldn't say he let in a bad goal.

58thecat
10-05-2017, 06:33 AM
Flames got a taste of a Hockey team and got to watch a true elite hockey player...must be fun to watch mcdavid from the oppositions bench...best seats in the house.:)

Newellknik
10-05-2017, 06:43 AM
Time after time game after game . Maybe the admin
can make a Oilers Win Sticky .....just to save time .
I can't wait for the Oil to play some real Teams
out of the east ....

On another note , I don't know how you can play
Or watch a game in that dump of a Saddledome .
The sooner Bill Smith is mayor the better.

I think Bessie over inflated and blew up .lol

sgill808
10-05-2017, 06:49 AM
When you tank 10+ years and get a generational talent in a lottery, you should be winning. Not to mention, a brand new arena.

It wasn't the best game played by the Flames, but Smith played well.

For the Oilers sake, I hope McHatNugget and Talbot can stay away from injury.

Congratulations on the win:happy0180::cool:

El-Brento
10-05-2017, 07:02 AM
When you tank 10+ years and get a generational talent in a lottery, you should be winning. Not to mention, a brand new arena.

This!!

lmtada
10-05-2017, 08:07 AM
Mcdavid on line for 246 goals.

Lol. No assists.

lmtada
10-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Well, at least Smith looked pretty good, wouldn't say he let in a bad goal.

Smith wants to change positions after this game. Change brand of mask? This mask is crackin

The moose
10-05-2017, 08:14 AM

typical oilers fans. Can remember the 80's like yesterday but forget the last 10 years of flames beating their @#$'%.

Not worried. Flames have alot more to give then that. Goal tending looked great.

Will admit mcdavid was great,But thats a one man offense.

Trochu
10-05-2017, 08:33 AM
typical oilers fans. Can remember the 80's like yesterday but forget the last 10 years of flames beating their @#$'%.

Not worried. Flames have alot more to give then that. Goal tending looked great.

Will admit McDavid is great, but that's a one man team.

Fixed it for you.

sgill808
10-05-2017, 08:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/LTv3c3x.jpg

kinwahkly
10-05-2017, 01:07 PM
Oilers vs Leafs Cup.

beerhunter
10-05-2017, 01:43 PM
The Flames are just like the Titanic.

Look great until they hit the ice.

:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

muzzy
10-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Flames ZERO !! Bahaha zeros are for losers so I guess a perfect match

Bigwoodsman
10-05-2017, 04:20 PM
The Flames looked extra ordinarily ordinary last night.

A hat trick, a shut out, opening night and against the flames. Fricken awesome!

BW

Twisted Canuck
10-05-2017, 04:35 PM
As expected, total domination in every aspect of the game. Even oils d-men put on a clinic for the flames d-men.....:

That's a pretty interesting synopsis. I saw one player dominating the game, McDavid. He is in my opinion the best player ever, better than Gretzky, Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, Howe...name who you want. This kid is better, and he will keep getting better. He dominated. Take him out of last nights game, Edmonton doesn't score. 60% of their offense was with him on the ice, and nobody else beat Smith or the D. The rest of the time, there was no 'Oilers dominance'. Even Leon wasn't really fantastic last night. Better than the Johnny what'shisname though, he was putrid.

Anyway, the Oilers will win games because McDavid dominates the game. Not because 'the Oilers' dominate the game. God forbid McDavid gets injured and misses half a season (or Talbot for that matter), because I enjoy watching him (that end to end goal was insane. The first where he was left alone out front was an easy goal, and the empty netter is just that).....anyway, if he disappears for half a season injured, the Oilers don't make the playoffs. The rest of the team just isn't that dominating as you seem to think. Or else the score would have been 14-1 as you predicted. But it wasn't. Not a single other Oiler scored, even playing with McDavid. He pretty much beat the Flames by himself.

For all the good a reality check ever did an Oilers fan.

On the Flames side, I was actually surprised by how well Smith played, he stopped McJesus on three seperate breaks? The D looked good, except against McJesus, who makes Brodie look slow (and he isn't). I wish the Flames would make Brouwer and Stajan go away. And if Johnny can't play with the big boys, he needs to sit. Tanner Glass might have hurt his hand making Kassian's face bleed, but Kassian sure didn't 'dominate every aspect of that fight'....:lol:

Good win for McDavid, and all those other guys who play with him. :)

Talking moose
10-05-2017, 04:51 PM
That's a pretty interesting synopsis. I saw one player dominating the game, McDavid. He is in my opinion the best player ever, better than Gretzky, Lemieux, Jagr, Crosby, Howe...name who you want. This kid is better, and he will keep getting better. He dominated. Take him out of last nights game, Edmonton doesn't score. 60% of their offense was with him on the ice, and nobody else beat Smith or the D. The rest of the time, there was no 'Oilers dominance'. Even Leon wasn't really fantastic last night. Better than the Johnny what'shisname though, he was putrid.

Anyway, the Oilers will win games because McDavid dominates the game. Not because 'the Oilers' dominate the game. God forbid McDavid gets injured and misses half a season (or Talbot for that matter), because I enjoy watching him (that end to end goal was insane. The first where he was left alone out front was an easy goal, and the empty netter is just that).....anyway, if he disappears for half a season injured, the Oilers don't make the playoffs. The rest of the team just isn't that dominating as you seem to think. Or else the score would have been 14-1 as you predicted. But it wasn't. Not a single other Oiler scored, even playing with McDavid. He pretty much beat the Flames by himself.

On the Flames side, I was actually surprised by how well Smith played, he stopped McJesus on three seperate breaks? The D looked good, except against McJesus, who makes Brodie look slow (and he isn't). I wish the Flames would make Brouwer and Stajan go away. And if Johnny can't play with the big boys, he needs to sit. Tanner Glass might have hurt his hand making Kassian's face bleed, but Kassian sure didn't 'dominate every aspect of that fight'....:lol:

We watched a different game,

sgill808
10-05-2017, 04:57 PM

I think you guys watched the same game. But depending on what you were on, saw different results.

Twisty had water...

brslk
10-05-2017, 05:00 PM

You must not have seen the shots on goal count (45-26) or face off wins last night.
Not even McDavid can win with a crappy team behind him.
No doubt he is by far the best player I've ever seen (including those you mentioned) but Draisaitl assisted on two of his three goals.
Calgary wasn't playing bad. They just lost to a better team.
I do agree that Kassian kinda sucked in the fight though.

Talking moose
10-05-2017, 05:00 PM
Actually the whole oiler team played great. Much better than flames as a whole.

brendan's dad
10-05-2017, 05:20 PM
You must not have seen the shots on goal count (45-26) or face off wins last night.
No doubt he is by far the best player I've ever seen (including those you mentioned) but Draisaitl assisted on two of his three goals.

Kassian might have sucked in the fight but the result was in the Oiler's favor. The Oiler's came out of that fight with more life an d energy than the Flames. I don't know what it is, but when Kassian is engaged physically the rest of the team and the crowd is engaged. He might be the closest thing to the second coming of Semenko that the Oiler's have ever had. I like his style of crazy as long as he doesn't go overboard with stupid penalties.

Twisted Canuck
10-05-2017, 05:34 PM

We watched the same game.

I didn't say the Oilers were a 'crappy team'. Far from it. I said they didn't dominate 'every aspect of the game' as was suggested. McDavid dominated. That's why they won. He is just that good. Take him out of the equation, and I see two teams that are actually fairly evenly matched, with the goaltending nod going to Talbot (though I think Smith played a good game last night), the Flames D is better, and the forwards match up pretty evenly for the most part. The Flames lost to a team with the most dominant, skilled, outrageous player in the world, but to say that the whole team is better? The score actually doesn't reflect that, as only McDavid scored. Shots on goal only mean anything if they go in. Stats are wonderful things that don't prove much. Last year teams that won the most face offs lost the most games. Look it up.

Take McDavid off the ice, and Flames top line might actually have gotten some shots on goal, instead of running around in their own zone like headless chickens, and those numbers change. The Flames might still have lost too. Or the Oilers. The only thing for sure is there are very few players that have the ability to change a game by themselves like McD does.

McDavid had a good win, with all those other guys he plays with.

Kassian's face dominated Tanner Glass's fist.

I know you believe that, and I still like you anyway. :)

kevinhits
10-05-2017, 05:36 PM

There will be nobody ever better than Gretzky....I guarantee it:bad_boys_20:

Twisted Canuck
10-05-2017, 05:38 PM
There will be nobody ever better than Gretzky....I guarantee it:bad_boys_20:

Well, he was pretty good, I guess.....:) But Connor is on a whole different level. You have to admit the game has gotten a lot better and faster too, I don't know if the Gretz would look the same playing in today's game as he did in his day. Maybe though.....But Connor is still better I believe. Time will tell.

kevinhits
10-05-2017, 05:42 PM
Well, he was pretty good, I guess.....:) But Connor is on a whole different level. You have to admit the game has gotten a lot better and faster too, I don't know if the Gretz would look the same playing in today's game as he did in his day. Maybe though.....But Connor is still better I believe. Time will tell.

Wayne didn't have to be fast, as his brain, skill level and to find anyone on the ice without even looking was amazing. Mcdavid shows those same kind of qualities, but his speed is doing most of the work...IMHO...and I have followed the game along time...LOL

I do admit that I have always been a Flames fan but having such a dynamic player so close to us is exciting to watch:)

Twisted Canuck
10-05-2017, 05:50 PM
Wayne didn't have to be fast, as his brain, skill level and to find anyone on the ice without even looking was amazing. Mcdavid shows those same kind of qualities, but his speed is doing most of the work...IMHO...and I have followed the game along time...LOL

I do admit that I have always been a Flames fan but having such a dynamic player so close to us is exciting to watch:)

Wayne is certainly the Great One, he saw the game happening around him like no one else, and changed it. Connor is doing the same, as he matures he is going to be frightening! He certainly is exciting to watch.

Being a Flames fan since they came from Atlanta when I was just a teenager...has been pretty painful over the years! :lol: But certainly some great moments too.

Trochu
10-05-2017, 08:44 PM

I must be confused, I was under the impression the Oilers did in fact win last night?

Without McDavid, the Oilers aren't nearly as good and likely aren't anywhere near the playoffs, Twisted is pretty much spot on. What would that look like, Maroon-RNH-Eberle on the 1st line with Strome as the 2nd line center. Wonder how far the odds will drop when McDavid gets hurt.

lmtada
10-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Watching the game yesterday, I don't think I have seen a faster player in my near 1/2 century. Mcdavid has the stuff, legends are made of. That line Mcdavid, Draisaitl, and Maroon. All big guys, strong, skilled, tough. Don't know if there will be a better line in NHL. Maroon smiling all the way to the Bank (he won the Lottery). :)

MK2750
10-05-2017, 09:17 PM
Smith made the other Oilers and at times McDavid kook very ordinary. He was outstanding and deserved a win for his efforts. I believe the Flames will have a very good season if he continues to play like that. The other Oilers did out shoot and out play the Flames. If not for Smith it would have been very ugly.

Twisted Canuck
10-05-2017, 09:35 PM
Now, the Hawks showed the Pens tonight what team dominance looks like. Shots 44-29 (similar to the game last night), but the score was 10-1, and none of those on an empty net. Against the Cup champs. That is team dominance right there. Scoring from 7 players. Hat trick for Saad. 2 for Schmaltz. Assists up the wazoo from the D and every line chipped in. If you can't see the comparison, I can't help you any more than that.

But McDavid is the real deal for sure. Going to win some games that kid. And those other guys he plays with.

jstubbs
10-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Watching the game yesterday, I don't think I have seen a faster player in my near 1/2 century. Mcdavid has the stuff, legends are made of. That line Mcdavid, Draisaitl, and Maroon. All big guys, strong, skilled, tough. Don't know if there will be a better line in NHL. Maroon smiling all the way to the Bank (he won the Lottery). :)

Yep. That line is so dangerous in such a variety of ways. Their deep cycle game is fantastic. Seen many times last year that line absolutely hem in a team in for lengthy periods of time, creating grade A chance after grade A chance, and the line is built perfectly for it. Maroon just muscles and bullies guys around, gets in front, causes problems, but is still able to smartly cycle the puck while doing so, and knows to keep his stick on the ice. McDavid is McDavid, and just about any style of hockey he plays, he's going to run with it. He can free wheel around, find open ice, pick guys pockets, win puck battles along the boards, thread needles with his passes, shoot as good as anyone, he'll do it all. And Draisaitl is sort of a mix between the two of them. Big strong frame and can muscle guys around, wreak havoc down low, but will also free wheel, make stellar passes, and has a pretty nifty back hand. This was all well documented in the Calgary game on the first goal.

Then of course McDavid will burn you with his pure speed. This, of course, was extremely well documented on the second goal.

As well, as seen all the time last year, they're also great at end-end rushes. Maroon has decent finish, Drai has great finish and overall on-ice chemistry with McDavid. Lots of tap in goals received by Maroon and Drai last season. This year though, I think McDavid going to be shooting the biscuit just a little more...

fitzy
10-05-2017, 10:07 PM

I'd say the next best player after McDavid was Smith. Good thing for the Shames too or they'd have taken a beat down. Couldn't get any offense going .... even with our 1 man show on the bench and our terrible D out there.

Bet Johnny is glad he held out for more money :sHa_sarcasticlol: looked like a bantam kid out there.

rokman
10-05-2017, 11:56 PM
I'd love to party with this crowd. Can't wait to see them and bandwagon jumpers supporting one of the leagues best players in history during his final year of play.

https://i1.wp.com/thehockeywriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/traveling-jagrs.jpg?resize=575%2C323&ssl=1

does it ALL outdoors
10-06-2017, 02:20 AM

Let's just clear the air right now, the Oilers NEVER tanked, never once not one single game. They were just THAT bad! But they never tanked unlike Toronto tried to do to secure McHattrick. Speaking of sucking, enlighten the group as to what pinnacles of achievement the shames managed to achieve in those same ten years. What did THEY win? I'll wait...

does it ALL outdoors
10-06-2017, 02:33 AM
Now, the Hawks showed the Pens tonight what team dominance looks like. Shots 44-29 (similar to the game last night), but the score was 10-1, and none of those on an empty net. Against the Cup champs. That is team dominance right there. Scoring from 7 players. Hat trick for Saad. 2 for Schmaltz. Assists up the wazoo from the D and every line chipped in. If you can't see the comparison, I can't help you any more than that.

Had it not been for Smith in between the pipes, it would of also been 10-1, I mean 10-0. A team can be totally dominated with a 1 goal loss, the score hardly reflected what actually happened in that game. I can't help you any more than that

Twisted Canuck
10-06-2017, 06:35 AM
Had it not been for Smith in between the pipes, it would of also been 10-1, I mean 10-0. A team can be totally dominated with a 1 goal loss, the score hardly reflected what actually happened in that game. I can't help you any more than that

Oh! The Speculation Game, my favorite! OK, my turn.....

'IF McDavid had a tummy ache and didn't play, but Smith was still in net, and IF Lucic had got sent back to the Neanderthal exhibit at the museum he obviously escaped from, and IF Jagr had been on the wing instead of Brouwer, and IF Johnny had actually played like he wasn't terrified of all the Big Men, THEN Calgary would have won that game 2-1'. :)

Or, 'IF the Oilers had gotten a bunch of first overall picks like Hall and Eberle and RNH and Yak, before they got McDavid, and IF those guys had played together for a bunch of years before McDavid showed up to save them, THEN the Oilers would have made the playoffs a bunch of years and won some Stanley Cups just like the Old Dynasty did, because the WHOLE Team would have just been SO good and dominating every aspect of the game.....' :lol:

This is fun! Anybody else want to speculate some more nonsense about IF?

Talking moose
10-06-2017, 06:51 AM
I speculate more losses for Calgary. Stay tuned.

Twisted Canuck
10-06-2017, 07:27 AM

You don't think they will have a season long win streak from here on out either? See, we agree on something! :sHa_shakeshout:

hayseed
10-06-2017, 12:35 PM
GO HAWKS!!!!!

:sHa_shakeshout:

Bigwoodsman
10-06-2017, 12:42 PM

I speculate that your speculation is going to be very accurate!

BW

artie
10-06-2017, 02:09 PM
You Edmonton guys better come down to Calgary. You can go to the neighborhood pub and not have the oiler organization trying to force you to drink that awful Molson Beer. Craft beer for sure. I heard it all now if you do not sell Molsons you cannot have oiler posters in your pub

bessiedog
10-06-2017, 04:56 PM
Twisted Reality Canuck ..... your really doin the sour grapes thing.... he hee!

Enjoy your season of disappointment boys.

Oh! You'll let us know when it's 'mullet bobble head night' eh?
That'll be this seasons big event.

SlightlyDistracting
10-06-2017, 05:18 PM
I speculate that your speculation is going to be very accurate!

BW

And I speculate that your speculation of his speculation is mostly likey correct.

SlightlyDistracting
10-06-2017, 05:19 PM
The only team I enjoy having zero chance this year as much as the flames are the canuks. God I hate the canuks. 😂

Twisted Canuck
10-06-2017, 06:23 PM

No sour grapes here Bessie. I love watching McJesus play, and really looking forward to seeing him and those other guys he plays with winning games this year.

As for the Flames, every win and good game they have will be like a surprise present for me. I'm just going to enjoy the whole season and not get into the Hating. :love0025:

ward
10-06-2017, 06:34 PM
Kassian might have sucked in the fight but the result was in the Oiler's favor. The Oiler's came out of that fight with more life an d energy than the Flames. I don't know what it is, but when Kassian is engaged physically the rest of the team and the crowd is engaged. He might be the closest thing to the second coming of Semenko that the Oiler's have ever had. I like his style of crazy as long as he doesn't go overboard with stupid penalties.

You are kidding, right ?

Twisted Canuck
10-07-2017, 10:57 PM
Good job for the Flames to come back from that 3-1 deficit in the first period, and pull off a convincing 6-3 win. Smith is impressing me in net. Johnny pulled up his big boy pants and had a goal and 3 assists, so I guess he can stay. Brodie was exceptional tonight. The last two periods were the right answer to the first period where they gave up a shortie. Overall, a great home opener for the Flames.

HoytCRX32
10-08-2017, 08:26 AM
Good job for the Flames to come back from that 3-1 deficit in the first period, and pull off a convincing 6-3 win. Smith is impressing me in net. Johnny pulled up his big boy pants and had a goal and 3 assists, so I guess he can stay. Brodie was exceptional tonight. The last two periods were the right answer to the first period where they gave up a shortie. Overall, a great home opener for the Flames.

Yep
When they really start getting comfortable I see them being able to beat any team...was a great game last night.....tied with Oilers :fighting0074:

boah
10-08-2017, 09:08 AM
Ummmm, they played the jets.

HoytCRX32
10-08-2017, 09:18 AM

yeah I guess I shouldn't be optimistic....:thinking-006:
(Dripping with sarcasm)

Twisted Canuck
10-08-2017, 09:36 AM

I'm thinking he meant they were tied with Oilers for points. Because the Oilers lost to the Canucks last night. in case you didn't see it.

bessiedog
10-08-2017, 10:06 AM
...... it's Winnipeg boys.....

sgill808
10-08-2017, 10:14 AM

Yes. The jets who had 87 points last season. As opposed to the canucks who had 69 :sHa_shakeshout:

Calgarian
10-08-2017, 01:16 PM
jets are a great team to bet against this season.

drhu22
10-09-2017, 10:31 PM
2 - 0 shutout in Annaheim! Woo Hoo!
Great night for hockey eh bessie"it's Winnipeg boys"dog?

Twisted Canuck
10-09-2017, 10:34 PM
Anaheim curse is finally broken! Good game overall...other than that interference penalty on Tkachuk where Perry ran over Gibson :lol:. Ducks classy as always, with Perry slashing Smith's hand on his glove save there at the end on the 6 on 4...and then Bieksa trying to keep the shutout puck, hiding it behind his back like a little kid, linesman was having none of it. Makes me laugh, Flames earn 2 points and break the curse. Good night.

sgill808
10-10-2017, 06:41 AM

Hahahahaha.

Hahahaha

brendan's dad
10-10-2017, 06:47 AM
Hahahahaha.

Hahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo3pIV1CLrQ

HoytCRX32
10-10-2017, 07:33 AM

Ummmmm...so how bout those Jets

Trochu
10-10-2017, 07:42 AM
Ummmmm...so how bout those Jets

One thing about them, that hopefully is a positive sign for them, is they are getting alot of shots on net. Average for this season is 36 shots a game.

The moose
10-10-2017, 12:21 PM

hmmm...

bessiedog
10-10-2017, 03:37 PM
There's a saying bout a bling squirrel...

Thinkin it applies here.

Twisted Canuck
10-10-2017, 03:44 PM

Thinkin it applies here.

Maybe, but they still have twice as many points as the Oilers, who are awesome at dominating every aspect of the game except the scoreboard. :)

chedder
10-10-2017, 03:45 PM

Thinkin it applies here.Do you mean squirrel bling, never heard of that one?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171010/62d08c0f6a378f4c21bae0089088a628.jpg

Twisted Canuck
10-11-2017, 11:21 PM
Sweet OT win by the Flames against the Kings! Great game tonight, tremendous battles by both teams. Tkachuk gets a pair, and Monahan gets the OT winner. Smith has another great showing, and the Flames have 6 points to show for the season. The only change I'd make after watching this is put Lazar back in and let Jagr rest a bit more.

Trochu
10-12-2017, 12:26 AM
I know its only three games in, but Smith has been better than I'd ever though possible. Three got by today, but one was a screen that he didn't see and the other two where pretty good tips from right in front of the crease. If any goalie stopped those, it would be because they just happened to hit him.

Lot better start then last year, thats for sure.

sgill808
10-12-2017, 06:47 AM
Three in a row. Great start compared to last year!!

Smith is a beast!

HoytCRX32
10-12-2017, 08:00 AM
Great to see!!! The D has to step up....+40 shots per game will wear Smith out in time...Go Flames!

roper1
10-12-2017, 09:30 PM

Now Bessie what we have here is a limited time offer.........Your chance to board the Flames bandwagon:fighting0074:you don't have to wear the jersey, just keep them close to your heart. No need to worry about those shave-less boys up north, their mama's will look after them. Look forward to having you as kin.........:sHa_shakeshout:

chedder
10-12-2017, 09:52 PM

Isn't that every night in Edmonton? Couldn't resist...

bessiedog
10-12-2017, 09:57 PM
Ooooooohh

You get yer digs in while ya can boys!

That wagons way too crowded for me, what with all them latte sipping Bankers Hall slouchers jumping on.

Thou shall keep the faith ..... and McJesus will deliver us from the valley of shadow....

Amen

Twisted Canuck
10-14-2017, 10:49 PM
Ooooooohh

You get yer digs in while ya can boys!

That wagons way too crowded for me, what with all them latte sipping Bankers Hall slouchers jumping on.

Thou shall keep the faith ..... and McJesus will deliver us from the valley of shadow....

Amen

Well, I was at a whisky tasting last night and didn't watch the Flames get drubbed by Senators, and wasn't worth commenting on anyway. Good thing we softened them up, so they only beat the Oilers 6-1 tonight....:scared: McJesus better get on with saving all those other guys he plays with from the Valley of Missing Playoffs soon.....:)

On the upside, Flames won nicely tonight in Nuckville, and Henrik Sedin got 3 minors in the 3rd so they must have got under his skin. Goals by Gio (shortie!), Hamonic, and Hamilton, outstanding to see the Blue Liners contribute so much. Smith once again had a fantastic show in net, and that puts us at 4-2-0 for the season. Good start on the year!

Trochu
10-14-2017, 10:49 PM
Is Ottawa really that good? I see they continued on tonight were they left off yesterday.

Twisted Canuck
10-14-2017, 10:52 PM
Is Ottawa really that good? I see they continued on tonight were they left off yesterday.

Hard to argue with putting up 12 goals in two nights, and only letting one in. Everyone needs to remember which Canadian team went deepest in playoffs last year.

Trochu
10-14-2017, 11:04 PM
Hard to argue with putting up 12 goals in two nights, and only letting one in. Everyone needs to remember which Canadian team went deepest in playoffs last year.

I wouldn't have them making the playoffs this year missing their 1st and 2nd Dmen from last year. Guess that's why they play the games.

colt-44
10-16-2017, 10:46 PM
news release TSN rankings NHL
Flames 13
Oilers 22
:)

Don K
10-17-2017, 12:50 AM
They are looking a lot better than in the first game against the Oilers. Hopefully they can keep it up!

HoytCRX32
10-17-2017, 07:23 AM
If they are winning now, I can't wait to see them when they really start clicking! Going nowhere but up!:sHa_shakeshout:

Twisted Canuck
10-17-2017, 07:33 AM
news release TSN rankings NHL
Flames 13
Oilers 22
:)

Just looked at overall standings....

Flames 10th
Oilers 28th

Lots of season to turn that around though, wouldn't want to be smug about it at this point.....:scared0018:

Twisted Canuck
10-24-2017, 09:11 PM
Flames were awful in the first period, a bit better in the second, and pretty good in the third. A good come from behind win, Tkachuk got it done tonight, and Smith was outstanding in net again. That game could have been an ugly blowout instead of a win for sure.

Trochu
10-24-2017, 09:30 PM
Flames were awful in the first period, a bit better in the second, and pretty good in the third. A good come from behind win, Tkachuk got it done tonight, and Smith was outstanding in net again. That game could have been an ugly blowout instead of a win for sure.

I was just listening on the radio, but it sounded like they played a pretty good game overall, no? The one goal against hit a stick, bounced of a body, and dropped to Forsburg and the second was a well placed shot.

The moose
10-25-2017, 07:38 AM
The flames out chanced the preds heavy in the the first and was the better team throughout on 5v5. i also dont get why some feel the flames played such a poor game in first 2 periods.

Good win. On to tonight!

Twisted Canuck
10-25-2017, 07:44 AM
I was just listening on the radio, but it sounded like they played a pretty good game overall, no? The one goal against hit a stick, bounced of a body, and dropped to Forsburg and the second was a well placed shot.

In the first period they looked jet lagged or something, they had a pp and I don't think they even entered the Preds zone, never mind getting a shot, couldn't get past the blue line. On the first two PPs they had they only put up one shot....but the second they looked better, and third they were the best team on the ice. They really need to stay out of the sin bin, penalties have been making them pay all year.

Lets hope they put up a good show against the Blues, they are always tough too.

brendan's dad
10-26-2017, 06:22 AM
In the first period they looked jet lagged or something, they had a pp and I don't think they even entered the Preds zone, never mind getting a shot, couldn't get past the blue line. On the first two PPs they had they only put up one shot....but the second they looked better, and third they were the best team on the ice. They really need to stay out of the sin bin, penalties have been making them pay all year.

Lets hope they put up a good show against the Blues, they are always tough too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R97TsVDC1BY

Twisted Canuck
10-26-2017, 07:55 AM
Yes! Disappointing to say the least, but somehow not surprised. Blues are a scary good monster team, with serious talent.....and surprisingly, I thought the Flames played better than they did against the Predators. Either way, two out of four points on back to back games against those teams...will take it. As per usual, little Johnny disappears when he plays against big men, and it looks like he has forgotten about back checking being part of the game. Watched him coast through the neutral zone repeatedly last night, while the play was already in Flames end. He needs a butt kicking. He may have points, but he is barely a plus player.

colt-44
10-26-2017, 12:12 PM
Yes! Disappointing to say the least, but somehow not surprised. Blues are a scary good monster team, with serious talent.....and surprisingly, I thought the Flames played better than they did against the Predators. Either way, two out of four points on back to back games against those teams...will take it. As per usual, little Johnny disappears when he plays against big men, and it looks like he has forgotten about back checking being part of the game. Watched him coast through the neutral zone repeatedly last night, while the play was already in Flames end. He needs a butt kicking. He may have points, but he is barely a plus player.

you know what you may be closer to the truth than you think .. There's more players becoming great players that are bigger , stronger , faster . But he sure can dance with the puck and set up plays when he wants to . IMO he handles the puck better than McDavid

Kingfisher
10-26-2017, 01:38 PM
you know what you may be closer to the truth than you think .. There's more players becoming great players that are bigger , stronger , faster . But he sure can dance with the puck and set up plays when he wants to . IMO he handles the puck better than McDavid

I'm not a fan of Gaudreau. He is a boy playing a man's game. He can't hit anyone because he will drop like a fly. What ever happened to Flames president Brian Burke's statement about wanting to build a "Truckulant" team. His words, not mine. You have to have a big team to be competitive against a team like St. Louis, LA or a dozen other big teams in the league. The Flames are far from truckulant. They are an average team, at best.

Sure Gaudreau has a lot of points. He's put on the power play every time. So he will eventually get a pass that goes in for an assist or will score more than his team mates that are on the bench. You could put almost any forward out there as much as he is and they will build up the points too. He dipsy doodles around with the puck and half the time looses it. The third goal that St. Louis got was 100% a give away from Gaudreau at center. Which they skated in and scored.

Maybe, just maybe, he will be great trade material for someone else along the way. Maybe somewhere like the Islanders. I bet the Islanders would love him over there. I think he would be a great trade for John Tavares. Tavares is only 27. Sure he is the face of the franchise. But Gaudreau could be their future face of the franchise.

fitzy
10-26-2017, 01:41 PM

:sHa_sarcasticlol: :sHa_sarcasticlol: :sHa_sarcasticlol: funniest thing I've ever seen😂😂😂😂😂😂

brendan's dad
10-26-2017, 01:47 PM
Gaudreau was taken in the 4th round at the 104th pick, so I doubt Burke really saw him in his "Truckulant" plan.

colt-44

IMO he handles the puck better than McDavid

Up until this point I assumed you watched the Oiler's and Flames actually play a few games. In your defense you did add "IMO", but honestly the value of your "IMO" just took a huge nose dive. :snapoutofit:

I'm not a fan of Gaudreau. He is a boy playing a man's game. He can't hit anyone because he will drop like a fly. What ever happened to Flames president Brian Burke's statement about wanting to build a "Truckulant" team. His words, not mine. You have to have a big team to be competitive against a team like St. Louis, LA or a dozen other big teams in the league. The Flames are far from truckulant. They are an average team, at best.

Sure Gaudreau has a lot of points. He's put on the power play every time. So he will eventually get a pass that goes in for an assist or will score more than his team mates that are on the bench. You could put almost any forward out there as much as he is and they will build up the points too. He dipsy doodles around with the puck and half the time looses it. The third goal that St. Louis got was 100% a give away from Gaudreau at center. Which they skated in and scored.

Maybe, just maybe, he will be great trade material for someone else along the way. Maybe somewhere like the Islanders. I bet the Islanders would love him over there. I think he would be a great trade for John Tavares. Tavares is only 27. Sure he is the face of the franchise. But Gaudreau could be their future face of the franchise.

colt-44
10-26-2017, 02:55 PM
Gaudreau was taken in the 4th round at the 104th pick, so I doubt Burke really saw him in his "Truckulant" plan.

colt-44

IMO he handles the puck better than McDavid

Up until this point I assumed you watched the Oiler's and Flames actually play a few games. In your defense you did add "IMO", but honestly the value of your "IMO" just took a huge nose dive. :snapoutofit:

hmm.. not sure who has more points at this stage ..don't get me wrong , Mcdavid is a super star .. only when he wins ....:sHa_shakeshout:

Twisted Canuck
10-26-2017, 04:31 PM
Johnny can handle the puck, but if it even looks like he might get stapled, he turns it over pretty quick. As he did last night an the Blues 3rd goal. We watched him turn the puck over 3 times in one shift, and it was always when he was being fore checked hard with the potential of being hit. He dishes the puck off fast, and sometimes there isn't anybody there where he is throwing the puck.

Being quick and greasy and having good hands is dynamite, but if you play scared...not so much. As far as being 'better' than McDavid? Totally different players with different styles. Johnny can't hold a candle to McDavid's speed and aggressive play. The closest we have to a power forward like that is maybe Ferland? Stong on puck, heavy shot, but not as fast or skilled...but still probably my favorite forward for his gutsy play.

The season is young. Lots of room and time for things to change for good or bad.

Trochu
10-26-2017, 05:36 PM
:sHa_sarcasticlol: :sHa_sarcasticlol: :sHa_sarcasticlol: funniest thing I've ever seen😂😂😂😂😂😂

Kingfishers post was pretty good.

Trochu
10-26-2017, 05:46 PM

I disagree somewhat. For example, I got tired of watching, but in the first 40 or so highlights, he deked around exactly one defender, a 40 year old defender. The rest, blowing by them with his speed and a great shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD9NxrxOCKA

Johnny turns two guys around in the first highlight.

Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD9NxrxOCKA)

fitzy
10-26-2017, 08:21 PM
I disagree somewhat. For example, I got tired of watching, but in the first 40 or so highlights, he deked around exactly one defender, a 40 year old defender. The rest, blowing by them with his speed and a great shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD9NxrxOCKA

Johnny turns two guys around in the first highlight.

Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD9NxrxOCKA)

That's a good point!! Better hands while being the fastest skater in the league.

Also there's this

https://youtu.be/4b4gMwwz5Xs

Please don't make a fool of yourself and start to explain how you'd rather have Johnny or that he's a better player.

fitzy
10-26-2017, 08:25 PM
hmm.. not sure who has more points at this stage ..don't get me wrong , Mcdavid is a super star .. only when he wins ....:sHa_shakeshout:

So that leaves you with Johnny who's a Lady Byng champ .... I'll take McDavid and his winnings any day.

chedder
10-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Macdavid was the result of utter, complete ineptitude as an organization added to absolute bull$#@ incredible luck. Calgary drafted Johnny in the 4th round. He is found money. He also makes half of what mcdavid does. I don't think anybody would rather have Johnny but guaranteed Gaudreau and Monahan at the same combined cost as mcsaviour, will have way more points.

fitzy
10-26-2017, 08:43 PM
Macdavid was the result of utter, complete ineptitude as an organization added to absolute bull$#@ incredible luck. Calgary drafted Johnny in the 4th round. He is found money. He also makes half of what mcdavid does. I don't think anybody would rather have Johnny but guaranteed Gaudreau and Monahan at the same combined cost as mcsaviour, will have way more points.

Whaa lol

McDavid and Letstu had 135 points. Letstu is a million a year jobber. You keep justifying all you want :sHa_sarcasticlol:

chedder
10-26-2017, 09:04 PM
Whaa lol

McDavid and Letstu had 135 points. Letstu is a million a year jobber. You keep justifying all you want :sHa_sarcasticlol:We'll see. Pretty sure I'm not whining and you may want to look up the definition of justifying. Just stating facts. Something that eludes most oiler fans.

brendan's dad
10-26-2017, 09:09 PM

Johnny and Monahan had 119 points combined last year compared to McDavid's 100. Problem is that Gaudreau and Monahan play on the same line, so about eighty of those points were result of the same goal which mean there 119 points translated into about 70-75 goals. McDavids 100 resulted in 100 goals.
Also McDavid only takes 1 spot on the roster and last time I checked Calgary doesn't get to dress an extra player on use 6 skater.

Are you sure you still want Johnny and Sean at even money?

fitzy
10-26-2017, 09:29 PM
We'll see. Pretty sure I'm not whining and you may want to look up the definition of justifying. Just stating facts. Something that eludes most oiler fans.

I'm pretty sure you missed my point.

Do the math.... I'm happy to leave you Johnny pewee hockey.

chedder
10-26-2017, 09:45 PM
I'm pretty sure you missed my point.

Do the math.... I'm happy to leave you Johnny pewee hockey.I must have because I don't think you made a point. And what are we doing the math on?

Your last comment is the only actual point you've made. We're happy to be 'left' with peewee Johnny as we picked him in a late round and he's worked out.

You guys actually think that getting McDavid was some sort of master plan after the longest period of suck in professional sports and getting 3 more first overall picks before him.

chedder
10-26-2017, 09:59 PM
Johnny and Monahan had 119 points combined last year compared to McDavid's 100. Problem is that Gaudreau and Monahan play on the same line, so about eighty of those points were result of the same goal which mean there 119 points translated into about 70-75 goals. McDavids 100 resulted in 100 goals.
Also McDavid only takes 1 spot on the roster and last time I checked Calgary doesn't get to dress an extra player on use 6 skater.

Are you sure you still want Johnny and Sean at even money?Good points. I'm hoping last year was an off year for our duo. I believe they should be closer to the 150-160 range. I suppose I have to take them both at even money as there's no possible way we could luck into a player like macdavid like you guys did!

brendan's dad
10-26-2017, 10:09 PM
Good points. I'm hoping last year was an off year for our duo. I believe they should be closer to the 150-160 range. I suppose I have to take them both at even money as there's no possible way we could luck into a player like macdavid like you guys did!

No arguing that McDavid changed the Oilers. Crosby is great but I think McDavid is the best since Gretzky. And for the same city to be fortunate enough to once have Gretzky and now McDavid, there is definitely a certain amount of luck in the equation.

Twisted Canuck
10-26-2017, 10:15 PM
Good points. I'm hoping last year was an off year for our duo. I believe they should be closer to the 150-160 range. I suppose I have to take them both at even money as there's no possible way we could luck into a player like macdavid like you guys did!

I'd sure be happy to see Monahan and Johnny start putting up those points, any time now would be good...Thank God for Frolik, Backlund, Tkachuck, and that amazing D corp in general.

No arguing that McDavid changed the Oilers. Crosby is great but I think McDavid is the best since Gretzky. And for the same city to be fortunate enough to once have Gretzky and now McDavid, there is definitely a certain amount of luck in the equation.

I agree with you on McDavid, whether or not he can actually attain to his potential is going to have a lot to do with the rest of those guys he plays with, if they can start doing their part. Hopefully he can stay healthy, as this kinder gentler era of hockey seems to make it easy for teams to take liberties on real super star players without any consequence.

brendan's dad
10-26-2017, 10:32 PM
I'd sure be happy to see Monahan and Johnny start putting up those points, any time now would be good...Thank God for Frolik, Backlund, Tkachuck, and that amazing D corp in general.

I agree with you on McDavid, whether or not he can actually attain to his potential is going to have a lot to do with the rest of those guys he plays with, if they can start doing their part. Hopefully he can stay healthy, as this kinder gentler era of hockey seems to make it easy for teams to take liberties on real super star players without any consequence.

I have no doubt McDavid and Draisaitl will put up as good or better stats than last year. The X factor for the Oilers is secondary scoring. If Nuge, Maroon, and Lucic all can crack 20 goals and Strome and Letstu are between 10 to 15, then the Oilers are going to have a hell of a season. Talbot is fighting through his slow start and we finally have a real back-up that can play 15 games. If I had a wish list, I would get Mcdavid and Draisaitl a legitimate trigger guy. A shooter that teed it up on a regular basis, but then that would just be unfair.

Twisted Canuck
10-29-2017, 09:38 PM
A well deserved win by the Flames tonight over the Caps, solid 60 minute game. Wish we could get some scoring from our 3rd and 4th line (Versteeg is the only one with a goal this year!), but glad that Ferland, Monahan and Johnny are putting up some points. The 3M line did well, and even Brouwer had 3 good shots on net, his post was a mm away from being a goal. 6-6-0 looks better than 5-7-0!

roper1
10-29-2017, 09:43 PM
6-5-0 looks better than 5-6-0!

Looks better than 3-6-1 like our northern cousins....still room on the wagon...Bessie:sHa_shakeshout:

Twisted Canuck
10-29-2017, 09:45 PM
Had to edit, forgot the Dallas thing the other night....:lol:

roper1
10-29-2017, 10:24 PM
Pens gonna be grumpy Tues, Jets smacked 'em but good tonight.

The moose
10-30-2017, 02:08 PM
https://i.imgur.com/dudbXLt.gif
Monahan. GWG machine

colt-44
11-02-2017, 09:18 AM
Crosby . wins Again over Oilers . who's the best :sHa_shakeshout:

Twisted Canuck
11-02-2017, 09:42 PM
Oh baby! Smith saved our bacon, and Chuckie connects with Gio for the OT winner! That's 5 straight wins against Penguins...which is better than losing 4 straight by a goal any day!:sHa_shakeshout:

drhu22
11-02-2017, 09:49 PM
2-1 Flames over Penguins OT
http://tristancossins.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/woohoo.jpeg

propliner
11-02-2017, 09:52 PM
It warmed my heart to see Crosby cough it up to young Tkachuk for the game winner.

Twisted Canuck
11-02-2017, 09:56 PM
It warmed my heart to see Crosby cough it up to young Tkachuk for the game winner.

And Chuckie's move at the line was beauty, 'retreat', draw him back and drive hard to set up pass. A solid undressing. Loved it!

Talking moose
11-02-2017, 10:05 PM
Mike smith might just do for the flames what talbot did for the oilers last year. Another great performance

colt-44
11-02-2017, 10:11 PM
wholly , samolly . great game Mike Smith and flames . and yes , very nice move by Chuckie on Crosby ...lol..any oiler fans taking notes :sHa_shakeshout:

The moose
11-03-2017, 10:19 AM
wholly , samolly . great game Mike Smith and flames . and yes , very nice move by Chuckie on Crosby ...lol..any oiler fans taking notes :sHa_shakeshout:

no, most are looking for the rocks they had been under for the last ten years previous to last years success.

Twisted Canuck
11-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Here is a thought for the day. The Flames currently have 14 points, twice as many as the Oilers at 7 points....and we are currently standing at 18th in the League. Not even close to a playoff spot. With twice as many points as the Oilers. Makes a fan think. :scared:

Flames need to put some back to back wins together now, and the way Smith is playing he is giving them every opportunity to win. The third and fourth line need to start potting a goal now and then, or they need a whippin'!

Jamie
11-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Here is a thought for the day. The Flames currently have 14 points, twice as many as the Oilers at 7 points....and we are currently standing at 18th in the League. Not even close to a playoff spot. With twice as many points as the Oilers. Makes a fan think. :scared:

Flames need to put some back to back wins together now, and the way Smith is playing he is giving them every opportunity to win. The third and fourth line need to start potting a goal now and then, or they need a whippin'!

I couldn't agree more about getting going. They did just take out a couple of beasts from the east and thats a great way to start.

How ever, they are tied with 4 other teams for 3 playoff spots. (3rd and 2 Wildcard spots) We are behind because all have one game in hand. We are in the thick of things and with some work they are looking ok.

Twisted Canuck
11-03-2017, 02:59 PM
They have won some good games (Preds, Penguins, *those hateful* Ducks *in Anaheim to break the curse!* Jets) but they really should have picked up some other points, like Dallas....and the Blues are going to be a battle all season. We have some tough competition in the West/Pacific, and playing .500 hockey isn't going to get it done. Smith has exceeded my expectations by a huge margin, and given us every chance to succeed with his stellar play. Now the whole team needs to work that much harder. I see Bennett and Lazar working hard, getting chances, and it's only a matter of time for them to get on the board. Same with the new kid, Jankowski*something or another*....I like the looks of them. These young guys have the perfect season in front of them to gain confidence and maturity, and work for that playoff spot as underdogs again....with a solid goalie this time. The Flames D is as solid as any in the league, and better than most.

Go Flames Go!!

Jamie
11-03-2017, 03:10 PM
I am not loving Bennett. He seems to be trying but its not working. Its like he doesn't know what is game is. Is he a rough and tough power forward? I really don't know.
I am going to have to watch these guys more carefully. I have 1/4 season seats right on the rail in the 3rd level this year. Best seats ever to watch a play develop. next game I am actually going to watch these guys rather than watching the game.

What a move by Tkachuk last night. He just undressed the best player in the world... That clip needs to go on his trophy wall.. Just a loop of it.. Wow.. just wow.

Twisted Canuck
11-03-2017, 03:22 PM
I am not loving Bennett. He seems to be trying but its not working. Its like he doesn't know what is game is. Is he a rough and tough power forward? I really don't know.
I am going to have to watch these guys more carefully. I have 1/4 season seats right on the rail in the 3rd level this year. Best seats ever to watch a play develop. next game I am actually going to watch these guys rather than watching the game.

What a move by Tkachuk last night. He just undressed the best player in the world... That clip needs to go on his trophy wall.. Just a loop of it.. Wow.. just wow.

I think Bennett is that tough player who can score....just needs some confidence. As does Lazar. I think it will come.

As for Chuckie's move on Crosby...yeah, that was just too sweet. Or disgusting. Whatever kids say nowadays....:sHa_shakeshout:

HoytCRX32
11-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Chucky’s move was pure poetry, especially considering who he undressed. Bennett is not a Center and I think they’ve figured that out. We’ll see him improve on the wing.

bb356
11-03-2017, 05:04 PM
This thread need's a Pic

https://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/images/Boston-Bruins-Ice-Girls-147141008031_Flyer_at_Bruins.jpg

drhu22
11-03-2017, 05:16 PM
woops

drhu22
11-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Re: "This thread need's a Pic"
http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/31500/Eating-snail--31845.jpg

muskegnmud
11-04-2017, 10:33 AM
why is it the flames always play the second of back to back games when visiting teams come thru Alberta?
who was colt 44 before he became colt 44?

Talking moose
11-04-2017, 10:42 AM
why is it the flames always play the second of back to back games when visiting teams come thru Alberta?
who was colt 44 before he became colt 44?

Ya, would be nice to play a bagged out team for a change instead of handing over a tired team to the shames every time.

histyle
11-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Ya, would be nice to play a bagged out team for a change instead of handing over a tired team to the shames every time.

I've noticed that it seems to alternate every year. Last year the Oilers got the tired teams playing back to back nights in Alberta.

Talking moose
11-04-2017, 10:51 AM
I've noticed that it seems to alternate every year. Last year the Oilers got the tired teams playing back to back nights in Alberta.

Well it’s not fair. It must be very tiring for opposing teams to score all those goals on the oilers and then have to face the flames.....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Big Sky
11-04-2017, 10:55 AM

Lots of websites give detailed analysis of a team's schedule. They'll look at things like b2b games played, # of opponents playing b2b games, travel etc, etc.

Here's an article that gives the Cole's Notes version. They provide some links if you want more detail.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl-teams-face-toughest-easiest-224413588.html

Twisted Canuck
11-05-2017, 10:03 PM
Well that was an entertaining game tonight! Flames kept up pretty good to the speedy Devils, and Smith was again outstanding. The pass from Johnny to Ferland for his goal was pretty to see. That fourth goal by Devils was a bit of a stinker to tie it, and OT was a rodeo....but, Chuckie for the shoot out win works!

Trochu
11-05-2017, 10:11 PM

They were discussing the pros/cons of playing a team on the back-to-back on the radio the other day. It was basically the team that played the night before is in game mode at puck drop and the rested team isn't. As the game progresses, momentum tends to shift. Essentially, if the teams are close, the team that played the night before has to score early as they'll get wore down in the second half.

HoytCRX32
11-06-2017, 09:15 AM
This wasn't a back to back though....Devils had a rest day

The moose
11-06-2017, 12:51 PM
Also to note,And will find the statistics if need be.

Oilers will finish the season facing more teams on the b2b then Calgary
Oilers will play "tired" competition more times while rested then the flames.

All will come out in the wash. However, flames have made hay on this homestand!

Twisted Canuck
11-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Well, I guess it was the Flames night to dominate every aspect of the game....and lose. Disappointing to say the least.

fishunter327
11-07-2017, 11:31 PM
Well, I guess it was the Flames night to dominate every aspect of the game....and lose. Disappointing to say the least.
Markstrom says Hi.

brendan's dad
11-08-2017, 06:54 AM

Yep, unfortunately the Flames can't draw the back-up goalie every night :sHa_sarcasticlol:

The moose
11-08-2017, 08:18 AM
great game. Poor result. On to the next one!
Also, God i hate this early schedule. Play 1 wait 3-4 days. Bring on the 3 in 4 and every other night games!

Twisted Canuck
11-08-2017, 08:54 AM
Yep, unfortunately the Flames can't draw the back-up goalie every night :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ah! So that is why the Flames are having a much better season than the Oilers! I knew there was some excuse that was going to come out for why the Oilers are sucking worse than the Flames. I feel enlightened now. :)

What is the excuse for the Mighty McJesus not having as many points as Little Johnny?:lol:

brendan's dad
11-08-2017, 06:35 PM
Ah! So that is why the Flames are having a much better season than the Oilers! I knew there was some excuse that was going to come out for why the Oilers are sucking worse than the Flames. I feel enlightened now. :)

What is the excuse for the Mighty McJesus not having as many points as Little Johnny?:lol:

Johnny has 2 more points than McDavid and the Flames have played 1 more game. Draisaitl was missing for 4 games. Johnny points would be a little lower if Monahan had missed 4 games. LOL

I am just going from memory but in the last 2 weeks the Flames have drawn Wash's back-up, Pitts back-up and NJ's back-up. Just pointing out that you can't always draw the back-up, Flames will have to play the number 1 sometimes,

Twisted Canuck
11-08-2017, 06:37 PM
Johnny has 2 more points than McDavid and the Flames have played 1 more game. Draisaitl was missing for 4 games. Johnny points would be a little lower if Monahan had missed 4 games. LOL

Thank you for your well reasoned excuses. A lot of thought and effort went into that, I can tell.

Kind of sad to have to make excuses for The Savior, but nice you are willing to make the effort.:)

brendan's dad
11-08-2017, 06:41 PM
Thank you for your well reasoned excuses. A lot of thought and effort went into that, I can tell.

Kind of sad to have to make excuses for The Savior, but nice you are willing to make the effort.:)

Just the facts Ma'am, just the facts!

Twisted Canuck
11-08-2017, 06:44 PM
Just the facts Ma'am, just the facts!

Well reasoned 'facts' always make the best excuses.:)

brendan's dad
11-08-2017, 06:56 PM
Ain't that the truth.

I have a $50 bet with another Flames fan here that Draisaitl will get more points than Johnny this year. Even took the bet right after Draisaitl got injured. Didn't seem fair taking McDavid as I wanted the Flames fan to have a fighting chance. But if you want to bet on Johnny to have more points than McDavid at the end of the season, I am sure I have another $50 kicking around. :fighting0030:

brendan's dad
11-08-2017, 07:09 PM
I post at 6:35
You post at 6:37

I post at 6:41
You post at 6:44

I post post at 6:56
crickets...........

Twisted Canuck
11-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Ain't that the truth.

I have a $50 bet with another Flames fan here that Draisaitl will get more points than Johnny this year. Even took the bet right after Draisaitl got injured. Didn't seem fair taking McDavid as I wanted the Flames fan to have a fighting chance. But if you want to bet on Johnny to have more points than McDavid at the end of the season, I am sure I have another $50 kicking around. :fighting0030:

Hell no, I don't want that bet! :lol: there is no way Johnny should have more points now! Never mind after 82 games. I'm just glad the Flames have exceeded expectations so far.....and the Oilers? Haven't!

Twisted Canuck
11-08-2017, 07:12 PM
I post at 6:35
You post at 6:37

I post at 6:41
You post at 6:44

I post post at 6:56
crickets...........

Well maybe I had to walk the dog? As opposed to what some Oilers do with the pooch....:lol:

brendan's dad
11-08-2017, 07:32 PM
Hell no, I don't want that bet! :lol: there is no way Johnny should have more points now! Never mind after 82 games. I'm just glad the Flames have exceeded expectations so far.....and the Oilers? Haven't!

Wise choice..... and I looked and couldn't find that $50 anyways.

Thanks for PM'ing a picture of your dog!

Twisted Canuck
11-08-2017, 08:17 PM
Wise choice..... and I looked and couldn't find that $50 anyways.

Thanks for PM'ing a picture of your dog!

Ha! That's desperate to dress your dog up! You sure you wouldn't rather just take one for the team?:)

Pretty sure my dog protects his ball better than RNH and some others protect the puck....

brendan's dad
11-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Ha! That's desperate to dress your dog up! You sure you wouldn't rather just take one for the team?:)

Pretty sure my dog protects his ball better than RNH and some others protect the puck....

Good looking dog and I think he is trying to tell you something. That ball certainly looks like Oiler's Blue to me. And look how he has arranged the ball and 2 bones, look like he is trying to spell "Oil". I very smart dog indeed.

JBE
11-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Good looking dog and I think he is trying to tell you something. That ball certainly looks like Oiler's Blue to me. And look how he has arranged the ball and 2 bones, look like he is trying to spell "Oil". I very smart dog indeed.

Good lord, you have to chill a bit. It is only a game

brendan's dad
11-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Trust me when I say you are more worked up telling me to chill, then I ever get on these threads. Good fun and lots of laughs at the opposing fans expense.

So chill dude on being the chill out police.

Twisted Canuck
11-08-2017, 08:47 PM

You could be right....and he chews the crap out of that ball and those bones. You may need to take one for the team, just to counter the bad Mojo inflicted by my dog.:)

brendan's dad
11-08-2017, 10:49 PM
You might of got Bessie to fall for that, and we thank him for the win, but I ain’t going there.

Twisted Canuck
11-09-2017, 09:49 PM
Hey Oilers, you know those bad ol' Red Wings that shut you out at home 4-0 the other night? Well, the Flames got even for you to the tune of 6-3.:) 2 goals and an assist for Johnny, how many points ahead of McJesus is that now? Jagr had a beauty goal from Johnny and assisted on Jankowskis' first NHL goal (how cool would that be?? 'my first goal was assisted by Jagr, who was twice my age'!). Another fine win.

Oh, and it was Mrazek in net, so not the back up goalie....the same one who shut out Oilers at home.:sHa_shakeshout:

drhu22
11-09-2017, 10:02 PM
Missed the game... why do they always beat Detroit?

YAY

Trochu
11-09-2017, 10:33 PM
Jagr had a beauty goal from Johnny and assisted on Jankowskis' first NHL goal (how cool would that be?? 'my first goal was assisted by Jagr, who was twice my age'!).

I'm sure it would be a highlight in the trophy cabinet, regardless of what else goes in there.

Talking moose
11-09-2017, 11:03 PM
Hey Oilers, you know those bad ol' Flames that you keep beating every time?

Listening......:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Twisted Canuck
11-10-2017, 06:11 AM
Listening......:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Listening to the Oilers in 28th place overall, Flames 14th? That does sound pretty good to start the day.:)

And Mcjesus was almost going to catch up in points, except Johnny moved up a spot to 7th, and mcJ is still at 22nd? Too funny. I'm really enjoying the season so far.

Trochu
11-10-2017, 06:31 AM
...except Johnny moved up several spots to 3rd, and mcJ is still at 22nd? Too funny. I'm really enjoying the season so far.

Minor correction.

Twisted Canuck
11-10-2017, 06:55 AM
My mistake, TSN had'nt updated yet when I looked! That's so much better!

sgill808
11-10-2017, 07:11 AM
Another win for the flames on a back to back team and a back up goalie?...... oh wait :sHa_shakeshout:

huntsfurfish
11-10-2017, 09:42 AM

huntsfurfish
11-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Hey Oilers, you know those bad ol' Red Wings that shut you out at home 4-0 the other night? Well, the Flames got even for you to the tune of 6-3.:) 2 goals and an assist for Johnny, how many points ahead of McJesus is that now? Jagr had a beauty goal from Johnny and assisted on Jankowskis' first NHL goal (how cool would that be?? 'my first goal was assisted by Jagr, who was twice my age'!). Another fine win.

Oh, and it was Mrazek in net, so not the back up goalie....the same one who shut out Oilers at home.:sHa_shakeshout:

Oilers havent given you guys a big enough lead yet. Flames should have had a bigger lead already. But we cant wait much longer for the Flames.:):sHa_shakeshout:

Oh and TC thanks for taking another one for the team;)

End of the season, Oilers will be hoisting the Stanley cup while Flames hoisting golf balls.:sHa_shakeshout:

Twisted Canuck
11-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Oilers havent given you guys a big enough lead yet. Flames should have had a bigger lead already. But we cant wait much longer for the Flames.:):sHa_shakeshout:

Oh and TC thanks for taking another one for the team;)

End of the season, Oilers will be hoisting the Stanley cup while Flames hoisting golf balls.:sHa_shakeshout:

Nope, you can't use my joke, you have to come up with your own. Taking one for the team is an Oilers thing. If the Flames win or lose it has nothing to do with me or my rectum. :)

As far as the Oilers hoisting the Stanley Cup.....Bwahahahahaha, not happening!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

HoytCRX32
11-12-2017, 07:47 AM
Ain't that the truth.

I'm still liking our bet:sHa_shakeshout:

HoytCRX32
11-13-2017, 09:57 AM
I'm still liking our bet:sHa_shakeshout:

Johnny 22 pts
Dry-Sidle 12 pts

drhu22
11-13-2017, 09:38 PM
Calgary 7-4 over St Louis

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/2/26/Woo_hoo%21_poster.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111121223950

Twisted Canuck
11-13-2017, 09:40 PM
Wow, great win for Flames against the Blues! Jankowski gets a pair, Johnny had goal and an assist ...Bennett gets first goal, Jagr assists....but what a nail biter swapping goals back and forth! Was worried when Smith left with injury but Lack did a good job. Phew. Well deserved win!:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

drhu22
11-13-2017, 09:42 PM
Wow, great win for Flames against the blues! Jankowski gets a pair, Johnny had goal and an assist ...Bennett gets first goal, Jagr assists....but what a nail biter swapping goals back and forth! Was worried when smith left with injury but Lack did a good job. Phew. Well deserved win!:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_shakeshout:

Yup... good game for sure! Im starting to think Goudreau might be the real thing...I was having second thoughts after last season.

Twisted Canuck
11-13-2017, 09:45 PM
Yup... good game for sure! Im starting to think Goudreau might be the real thing...I was having second thoughts after last season.

The nice thing though is six players with 7 goals...Frolik Ferland and Versteeg to round it out. Getting goals from every line right now. Impressive win against a big fast team with a ton of talent.

drhu22
11-13-2017, 09:49 PM
The nice thing though is six players with 7 goals...Frolik Ferland and Versteeg to round it out. Getting goals from every line right now. Impressive win against a big fast team with a ton of talent.

That is a huge plus for Calgary if they can maintain it... any word on Smith's injury?

propliner
11-13-2017, 09:50 PM
These guys are just so much fun to watch this year. The Jagr line was great tonight.

Talking moose
11-13-2017, 10:34 PM
This team looks sharp now that they are getting some help from the third line.

The moose
11-14-2017, 07:52 AM
what a game. The last few games have been very good hockey and very enjoyable from a entertainment aspect.

Huge win over the blues.Now out on to the road to play a real schedule instead of so many days off.

If this team can sustain the play from the homestand they will be in excellent shape!

Twisted Canuck
11-14-2017, 07:54 AM
Hopefully there is nothing major wrong with Smith, he has been beaten up the last couple games.

Will look forward to the Blues playing Oilers and see how that goes.:scared0018:

kevinhits
11-15-2017, 06:26 PM
Not a great start......but Detroit is supposed to be "Hockeytown" but yet you see all the empty seats in the new arena.....I guess there is not enough free pizza for the fans:sHa_shakeshout:

sgill808
11-15-2017, 06:36 PM
I miss Smith :(

Trochu
11-15-2017, 06:54 PM
I miss Smith :(

First ten games or so, he was undoubtedly the Flames best player. The last four though his SA% was below .900. When your opponent has two unassisted goals, of which one is short handed, and a PP marker, I don't think the blame can be fairly placed upon the goaltender.

I understand that Carolina tried to changes Lack's style of play to align more with Ward, and that Calgary is apparently letting him play his style so the hope is he'll perform like he did in Vancouver. That being said, I would like to see what Gillies can do.

Edit. Oh look, another PP goal. Guess I'll get my chance now.

sgill808
11-15-2017, 07:02 PM
First ten games or so, he was undoubtedly the Flames best player. The last four though his SA% was below .900. When your opponent has two unassisted goals, of which one is short handed, and a PP marker, I don't think the blame can be fairly placed upon the goaltender.

I understand that Carolina tried to changes Lack's style of play to align more with Ward, and that Calgary is apparently letting him play his style so the hope is he'll perform like he did in Vancouver. That being said, I would like to see what Gillies can do.

Edit. Oh look, another PP goal. Guess I'll get my chance now.

I think just having Smith back there gave the boys confidence and a spring in their step.

Twisted Canuck
11-15-2017, 08:32 PM
Wow. I haven't seen a game like that since Dennis Wideman played for the Flames....What a gong show. I'm surprised a Zebra didn't get taken out.

sdimedru
11-15-2017, 08:33 PM
Tkachuk again...

Twisted Canuck
11-15-2017, 08:34 PM
Tkachuk again...

How do you get a spearing penalty when you don't even have a stick?

sdimedru
11-15-2017, 08:36 PM
How do you get a spearing penalty when you don't even have a stick?

Sportsnet just gave a couple good options/views with the stick in his hand... in any case he’s the guy who started all the extra mess... wouldn’t blame the refs if they used the love tap as a “spear” to get rid of him for the remainder of the game

Twisted Canuck
11-15-2017, 08:42 PM
Meh. Pretty weak call.

sdimedru
11-15-2017, 08:48 PM
Meh. Pretty weak call.

Tough to disagree...

A little fun to watch though to be honest

Twisted Canuck
11-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Tough to disagree...

A little fun to watch though to be honest

Yeah, I guess..Chuckie sure draws the wrong kind of attention sometimes.

bessiedog
11-15-2017, 09:23 PM
https://i.imgur.com/yLygmea.jpg

Twisted Canuck
11-15-2017, 09:27 PM
No Bessie, it's too weak to use my joke about Oilers fans to use on us. You have to be creative and original my friend....

But all the same, somebody definitely took one for the team tonight and it didnt help anyway. What a.....show.

huntsfurfish
11-15-2017, 09:33 PM
https://i.imgur.com/yLygmea.jpg

Lol

Twisted Canuck
11-15-2017, 09:39 PM
Well, I guess if people want to use my joke it must have been a good one. But I'm still not taking one for the team.

Jamie
11-15-2017, 10:12 PM
Thats going to be a long suspension for that clown from the wings. 10 games? I think thats the standard.
Tak will get something. But that was not spearing.
Ferland for throwing punches from the bench?

Its going to be interesting.

slipbobber
11-15-2017, 11:34 PM
Not to many saints on a flames team who lost in every area in that game.

drhu22
11-15-2017, 11:46 PM
https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/shrinknp_400_400/p/7/005/08c/371/28b9b46.jpg

brendan's dad
11-16-2017, 07:55 AM
Wow, just watched the highlights on Youtube. I say Gazdic might get a call up when the Flames meet the Wings again.

With the Flames current line-up they can't play into old time hockey. There is a whole other weight class and fighting level above Ferland.

Twisted Canuck
11-16-2017, 08:13 AM
That's the truth! Kinda miss Engelland that way...

brendan's dad
11-16-2017, 08:17 AM
That's the truth! Kinda miss Engelland that way...

I was surprise Engelland didn't mix it up with the Oilers the other night, definitely 1 of the best in the league at throwing the mitts.

roughneckin
11-16-2017, 09:12 AM
Wow, just watched the highlights on Youtube. I say Gazdic might get a call up when the Flames meet the Wings again.

With the Flames current line-up they can't play into old time hockey. There is a whole other weight class and fighting level above Ferland.

No more games between these teams. Kinda disappointing really.

Trochu
11-16-2017, 09:25 AM

While that is true, there aren't many/any? players on the Wings who are in that weight class either. I do miss the Kraken though.