PDA

View Full Version : Replacement covers for Nikon Prostaff 5S binoculars

Bisch
10-04-2017, 01:58 PM
Having a heck of a time finding a replacement lens cap for these binoculars. Contacted Nikon on their website, only to find out that it's USA only, but if i lived in the USA they would send me replacement ones.

Was forwarded to Nikon Canada, who said there are no part numbers for lens caps, and they could not get me any. Suggested that I send in my binoculars to Nikon warranty, and they may exchange them. Nothing wrong with the binos, just missing a lens cap that fell off because there is no good way to secure it to them.

Any of you out there have Nikon binos? Is there an after market flip up lens cap?

Based on my customer service experience, this is likely the last Nikon product I will ever buy... Should have bought the Zeiss ones.

Okotokian
10-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Having a heck of a time finding a replacement lens cap for these binoculars. Contacted Nikon on their website, only to find out that it's USA only, but if i lived in the USA they would send me replacement ones.

Was forwarded to Nikon Canada, who said there are no part numbers for lens caps, and they could not get me any. Suggested that I send in my binoculars to Nikon warranty, and they may exchange them. Nothing wrong with the binos, just missing a lens cap that fell off because there is no good way to secure it to them.

Any of you out there have Nikon binos? Is there an after market flip up lens cap?

Based on my customer service experience, this is likely the last Nikon product I will ever buy... Should have bought the Zeiss ones.

Give them a chance and send them for warranty. I had exactly the same problem with a pair of Nikon Monarch binos. They didn't make the caps for that particular model anymore. They gave me a brand new pair of binos for free, better than the ones I had, and sent me a prepaid box to send my old ones in. I was floored. Now they had screwed up on some earlier communications being not responded to, etc. Perhaps it was just damage control. But give it a try. I dealt with the manager.

Bisch
10-04-2017, 03:12 PM
I’m happy that you ended up with a positive result. When I asked the Nikon Canada Parts guy to talk to a manager, he said sure, and then Hung up the phone.

Okotokian
10-04-2017, 03:17 PM
I’m happy that you ended up with a positive result. When I asked the Nikon Canada Parts guy to talk to a manager, he said sure, and then Hung up the phone.

And make sure you tell the Manager that this happened to you. ;)

bman940
10-05-2017, 07:45 AM
I'm not sure I will be able to help you since you are out of the US but it sure doesn't seem like it whould be that big of a deal to get caps sent to you. I will make an inquiry for you.
I do freelance work for Nikon and when I come across someone like yourself I do my best to help them out. Can you send me your full name address and contact info?

Drake slayer
10-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Just bought a pair of monarch 5 and also find the top lens cover is hard plastic and doesn't stay on worth a #hit. Have to spread the eye pieces apart for it to stay on. Makes it hard to get on game quickly. I will be looking for other options hope there is a simple fix.

bman940
10-05-2017, 06:12 PM
I spoke to a buddy who said if you get me your info he will see what he can do. He knows some of the guys at Nikon Canada personally. Sorry it has come to this.
I'll wait to hear from you.

I know what you mean about the eye piece cover's being hard plastic and having to spread them to make them tight. I actually like that feature because when I take one off they come off together saving me time.

Bart
Nikon Pro Staff

Bisch
10-05-2017, 08:50 PM
I spoke to a buddy who said if you get me your info he will see what he can do. He knows some of the guys at Nikon Canada personally. Sorry it has come to this.

I know what you mean about the eye piece cover's being hard plastic and having to spread them to make them tight. I actually like that feature because when I take one off they come off together saving me time.

Bart

Nikon Pro Staff

Thanks, just send you a PM.

Jays toyz
10-05-2017, 09:04 PM
I have as set of Nikon prostaff 7s 8x30 'nocs' that I love, but also lost the caps very quickly. I could not find ANY replacements either 1st party or 3rd with extensive searching online and in stores.

Drake slayer
10-06-2017, 12:37 PM

Bart
Nikon Pro Staff

Please explain how this saves time when u have to refocus and adjust to your eye distance .

Dean2
10-06-2017, 01:38 PM
Throw out the useless caps. Run the lenses bare. That is what I did with mine. If they end up scratched send the binos back under the lifetime no fault warranty. They want to make crap covers that are hard to keep on/not lose and even harder to replace, then they get what they get. Great Binos but pretty poor accessories.

djwf69
10-08-2017, 03:54 PM
I have a set of monarchs atb. Tossed the large lens covers and put on butler creek scopes flip up lens caps never lose them easy opening no problems.

bman940
10-09-2017, 08:07 AM
Please explain how this saves time when u have to refocus and adjust to your eye distance .

I hold the bino barrel's in both hands, push in which takes tension of the 1 plastic piece that covers both lenses and then I flip it off with my thumb. I am now ready to view. With individual caps I had to pull each one off and it took another few seconds. I was using Nikon's MONARCH HG bino's this past weekend while scouting. They are truly amazing, I could see deer 100 yards away 45 min after the sun went down.