10-04-2017, 04:40 PM
Read this guys verbal diarrhea and voice your opinion

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6320953055059681280/

elkhunter11
10-04-2017, 04:48 PM
You can't fix stupid. :rolleye2:

Xbolt7mm
10-04-2017, 04:58 PM
He is right about a few things, no one needs a silencer for any reason, and yes some guns should be banned but he is wrong about all guns. No one needs a fully automatic weapon for any reason, they were designed for one thing only and that's to kill people and as many as you can as fast as you can, I also don't think it infringes on the second amendment at all, you can still bear arms, just you shouldn't be able to bear automatic ones, there's no reason for them.

greendrake
10-04-2017, 05:01 PM
So I read it and can't figure out what you are complaining about? In his openngstatement he clearly says that his life in Canada includes hunters, cops, and criminals. It doesn't infringe on your right to hunt which is what I'm thinking you're on about here. As far as criminals he's right we all know criminals can get guns that's why we arm our police. He's talking about selling weapons capable and built for killing large groups of people. Do you have a problem with that?

troutbug
10-04-2017, 05:03 PM
So I read it and can't figure out what you are complaining about? In his openngstatement he clearly says that his life in Canada includes hunters, cops, and criminals. It doesn't infringe on your right to hunt which is what I'm thinking you're on about here. As far as criminals he's right we all know criminals can get guns that's why we arm our police. He's talking about selling weapons capable and built for killing large groups of people. Do you have a problem with that?

NRA logic would say that if more people had guns, they could have stopped the shooting in Las Vegas. That argument is absolute bull**** and they know it. Even a highly trained Navy Seal team could not have fought back against a shooter that far away from an elevated position.

More guns = More Death!

When will you, YES YOU, the American people learn that guns are bad and there is NO need for fully automatic weapons, or guns at ALL in a civilized society.

Shall I go on?

bat119
10-04-2017, 05:19 PM
There are an estimated 6-8 million AR type rifles already in private ownership not including another million or being sold this week in get them before they are gone frenzy. Passing any kind of gun control might stop the sale of new guns however it will only make the ones in circulation more valuable.

Pandora's box is open closing it could very well cause a civil war.

V_1
10-04-2017, 05:56 PM
He is right about a few things, no one needs a silencer for any reason,
Yet they are widely used in EU for hunting rifles. Weird, right?

ANti's rant on LinkedIn... Wow. New level of idiocy.

elkhunter11
10-04-2017, 05:56 PM

What are we complaining about? How about the stupid statement that the only people in Canada that have firearms are hunters ,bad people and police? Trap/skeet/ sporting clays, biathlon, and target shooters may not be hunters or police, so according to that fool, they must be bad people.

Newview01
10-04-2017, 06:02 PM
He is right about a few things, no one needs a silencer for any reason, and yes some guns should be banned but he is wrong about all guns. No one needs a fully automatic weapon for any reason, they were designed for one thing only and that's to kill people and as many as you can as fast as you can, I also don't think it infringes on the second amendment at all, you can still bear arms, just you shouldn't be able to bear automatic ones, there's no reason for them.

Would you like to discuss other want vs need scenarios that the public is in on?

pikergolf
10-04-2017, 06:19 PM
Would you like to discuss other want vs need scenarios that the public is in on?

Should rocket launchers be restricted in the States?

Trochu
10-04-2017, 06:22 PM
Lots of good comments to his post though.

sgill808
10-04-2017, 06:24 PM

No... I would rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. :bad_boys_20:

And also, you cannot compare guns to rocket launchers. You need to use something in a similar category.... Such as fire extinguishers.

Newview01
10-04-2017, 06:27 PM

No. But realistically that is a weak example. Unrealistically, my morning commute would be more enjoyable if I had some rocket launchers in place of headlights.

FYI, large corporations should not exist either. My political views are specific and correct :love0025:

troutbug
10-04-2017, 06:42 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/10/02/new-republic-guns-banned-immediately/

Weedy1
10-04-2017, 06:57 PM
Being that there is a insignificant amount of total nut jobs that shoot people compared to the total number of guns in the US, wouldn't it be easier just to get rid of the nut jobs? I bet it would be easier to figure out what nut job is going to kill someone than which gun would do the same. I mean, afterall, it's not everyday I hear of a gun shooting someone. From recollection there's usually a nut job involved.

honda610
10-04-2017, 07:04 PM
Hey let's ban crack, coke, meth, heroin......because you outlaw it it's gone forever. Well it's a slippery slope. Who needs a sports car with 500 horse outlaw it, your boat doesn't need a 225 horse motor to fish because only fisherman need boats. You dont need a semi .22 or a semi shotgun or a bolt or a compound bow to hunt there ment to kill. !!! who needs loud speakers...blah blah blah. OF COURSE GUNS ARE MENT TO KILL civilized people use them accordingly. Criminals and nut Jobs use them to further there vicious agendas. Look at Europe suppressor's are used at gun ranges and for hunting. Maybe making people accountable and locking up the real bad guys would help. The state's stopped funding alot of mental health programs.....sooo if little Johnny doesn't take his meds he goes postal. Right or wrong they used to lock you up if you were a risk they put you in a padded cell. Hell we let a guy out after he killed cut up and eat a young man's head. Let a convicted killer work in a school as a volunteer, gave 10 million to a !@#$&@() convicted terrorist. I think Canukistan is just as messed up as the state's. At least there leader knows his geography......:angry3:

bat119
10-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Being that there is a insignificant amount of total nut jobs that shoot people compared to the total number of guns in the US, wouldn't it be easier just to get rid of the nut jobs? I bet it would be easier to figure out what nut job is going to kill someone than which gun would do the same. I mean, afterall, it's not everyday I hear of a gun shooting someone. From recollection there's usually a nut job involved.

I agree if we could somehow convince these nutjobs to shoot themselves first not last it would solve a lot of problems.

Unregistered user
10-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Vegas shooter dude was using Diazepam.

roper1
10-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Silencers are legal in a lot of countries, NZ comes to mind.
Fully automatic rifles are fun to shoot, a lot of fun, at paper.
Sad day when these events happen, penalizing everyone probably not the answer!

EZM
10-04-2017, 07:38 PM
No. But realistically that is a weak example. Unrealistically, my morning commute would be more enjoyable if I had some rocket launchers in place of headlights.

FYI, large corporations should not exist either. My political views are specific and correct :love0025:

It was a thought provoking question - and, granted, maybe not a rocket launcher, but how about no capacity restrictions on magazines? fully automatic firearms? grenade launchers? tanks?

Serious question - Where do YOU logically draw the line?

Carriertxv
10-04-2017, 07:51 PM
I've never met anyone who have actually used a supressor say they should be banned. The Hollywood bull**** of them is what most think they are.
But with those who continue to throw other gun owners under the bus are just putting a nail in their own coffin.

Alephnaught
10-04-2017, 08:28 PM
...no one needs a silencer for any reason...Please, enlighten us with your understanding of suppressors.

Newview01
10-04-2017, 08:36 PM
It was a thought provoking question - and, granted, maybe not a rocket launcher, but how about no capacity restrictions on magazines? fully automatic firearms? grenade launchers? tanks?

Serious question - Where do YOU logically draw the line?

Great question.

I believe that individuals should not be allowed fighter jets. Of all weaponry available, these are the most likely to cause serious personal harm due to lack of experience. In general, any land warfare equipment / firepower should be relatively straightforward to maneuver without a lot of problems. That said, I have never driven a tank, but I have driven pretty much all types of equipment out there.

As soon as one believes that an object is the problem and not evil human nature, than we should be banning virtually everything that can cause human suffering.

wildbill
10-04-2017, 09:51 PM
Guys just like everyone jumpin on the bandwagon, in a week from now he'll be on to something else like wearin womens clothes or kissin goats, oh look at me its my time to be heard, look at me go! Text book clown shoe.

Xbolt7mm
10-04-2017, 10:25 PM

You bet pal,,,,show me another need that someone can use to kill 60 people and wound another few hundred in 15 to 20 minutes and I'll easily be able to dispute that want.

Xbolt7mm
10-04-2017, 10:34 PM
Please, enlighten us with your understanding of suppressors.

What possible need would a normal person have to not have anyone hear the shot. I realize that they dont "silence" completely but may at a distance. If its an animal then get closer and hit it, maybe practice so you dont miss at your shootable distance. If you cant hit it and you miss it completely and you dont want the noise to scare it maybe try fishing. There is only one reason anyone would want to quite the noise. You tell me, why would you want sick, twisted people to have yet another tool of destruction that is not a benefit to a responsible sportsman. Enlighten us on your understanding of giving another tool of death to sicko's or a tool to let a guy who cant shoot fill the air with more lead. In light of several recent issues this shouldnt even be a discussion!!

wildwoods
10-04-2017, 10:46 PM
What possible need would a normal person have to not have anyone hear the shot. If its an animal then get closer and hit it, maybe practice so you dont miss at your shootable distance. If you cant hit it and you miss it completely and you dont want the noise to scare it maybe try fishing. You tell me, why would you want sick, twisted people to have yet another tool of destruction that is not a benefit to a responsible sportsman. Enlighten us on your understanding of giving another tool of death to sicko's or a tool to let a guy who cant shoot fill the air with more lead. In light of several recent issues this shouldnt even be a discussion!!

Just so we're clear. We know that a suppressor isn't like a silencer in the movies right? It's deadens the noise but will not stop it. It still makes a loud bang.
Having hunted around the Sherwood park range I'm sure the homeowners around there wouldn't mind some suppression. The noise is staggering. Glad I don't live by there.

I'm with you though. I don't really care to see them legalized. I guess I'm just apathetic on the subject. I don't miss what I never had

Xbolt7mm
10-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Just so we're clear. We know that a suppressor isn't like a silencer in the movies right? It's deadens the noise but will not stop it. It still makes a loud bang.
Having hunted around the Sherwood park range I'm sure the homeowners around there wouldn't mind some suppression. The noise is staggering. Glad I don't live by there.

I'm with you though. I don't really care to see them legalized. I guess I'm just apathetic on the subject. I don't miss what I never had

I fully understand how a suppressor works and what is purpose is. I know its not a pfffft instead of a bang, but it does take the crack out of it which would make it more difficult to figure out where the shot came from, no real advantage to the sportsman but to the sicko,,,,,,

270person
10-04-2017, 11:43 PM
Being that there is a insignificant amount of total nut jobs that shoot people compared to the total number of guns in the US, wouldn't it be easier just to get rid of the nut jobs? .

You mean the NRA lobby and the long lines of BS they're been strewing for far too long?

3blade
10-05-2017, 12:24 AM
I fully understand how a suppressor works and what is purpose is. I know its not a pfffft instead of a bang, but it does take the crack out of it which would make it more difficult to figure out where the shot came from, no real advantage to the sportsman but to the sicko,,,,,,

The advantage is not losing ones hearing. Science has proven that every shot does damage and current generation ear protection does not stop this from happening.

As far as it being used for violence, you can make one in any machine shop with zero difficulty and little cost. Anyone who is carrying a gun illegally probably doesn't care about suppressor laws. Reason they mostly don't use them? Makes the gun too long to be concealed. So it would likely be the opposite of what you believe, hunters/target shooters would use them and criminals still would not.

Weedy1
10-05-2017, 02:14 AM
You mean the NRA lobby and the long lines of BS they're been strewing for far too long?

Maybe :scared0018:

play.soccer
10-05-2017, 06:24 AM
It amazes me how many anti gun people are on this board. Then again the last time there was a poll asking how old you were the general pop was 40+ so that explains a lot.

After they ban semi autos they're coming for your hunting rifles. Proven fact. You can say they won't take your hunting rifles till you're blue in the face but look at other countries, there's no denying it.

58thecat
10-05-2017, 06:31 AM
Shall I go on?

No need to the guy is a wanker.

Say no this this or that when it pertains to guns and the BS spills over and starts its snowball effect down a long mountain side...at the end we end up with a nazi occupied nation....thou shall...my way or....

Scottmisfits
10-05-2017, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE=Xbolt7mm;3636650]You bet pal,,,,show me another need that someone can use to kill 60 people and wound another few hundred in 15 to 20 minutes and I'll easily be able to dispute that want.[QUOTE]

[/https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Nice_attack

We can talk about this stuff all you want but in the end the people doing these acts will still do them. While I do agree with some stuff you say, I disagree with others. I’m not going to chime in on my opinions here, but just showing one example that you looked for that is just over a year old.

Slvdout
10-05-2017, 10:33 AM
For me its not so much about do I need it or not. Its about protecting my rights. Canadian citizens are asking the government to strip other Canadian citizens of their rights and freedoms. and guess what? the Government is listening. If that doesn't scare you then somethings wrong.

elkhunter11
10-05-2017, 10:49 AM
It amazes me how many anti gun people are on this board. Then again the last time there was a poll asking how old you were the general pop was 40+ so that explains a lot.

After they ban semi autos they're coming for your hunting rifles. Proven fact. You can say they won't take your hunting rifles till you're blue in the face but look at other countries, there's no denying it.
There are many younger snowflakes that are anti gun; in fact there may be more of them , as most of them are not being raised in families where firearms are acceptable. I grew up when it was common for everyone to carry a firearm in their vehicle during hunting season , and for parents to introduce children to firearms at an early age. Instead of shooting on a computer; we actually went out and fired real firearms; so we don't fear them now.

wags
10-05-2017, 11:04 AM
There are many younger snowflakes that are anti gun; in fact there may be more of them , as most of them are not being raised in families where firearms are acceptable. I grew up when it was common for everyone to carry a firearm in their vehicle during hunting season , and for parents to introduce children to firearms at an early age. Instead of shooting on a computer; we actually went out and fired real firearms; so we don't fear them now.

Your narrative is getting old.
1. i'm not a snowflake as you like to call folks like me.
2. i grew up in a hunting family, been around guns lots.
3. i don't fear them.

I already know that this doesn't matter to you, as your opinions, skewed or not, are obviously how the world should work. It just doesn't. You're wrong.