PDA

View Full Version : Rv led lights and 6v battery

Sitting Bull
10-04-2017, 06:44 PM
I would like to know if you know where I could pick up some quality Led 1141 bulbs at a reasonable price. My local RV place stocks them at $20. a pop.
As well I am looking at upgrading my battery in my truck camper. I currently have one group 24 deep cycle that is dead. I have been recommended to purchase 2 6volts. But the price is brutal. Battery world here in town has Trojan T-105's for $215. each. Are there better choices maybe 2 12v ? where would you purchase them?
Any recommendations/suggestion would be great.
Thanks

MountainTi
10-04-2017, 06:54 PM
https://www.amazon.ca/PESIC-Super-Bright-Interior-Camper/dp/B07332JPRC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1507164819&sr=8-8&keywords=led+1141+rv+bulbs

V45 sabre
10-04-2017, 06:56 PM
For rv batteries I would go with Kirkland from Costco.

birdee
10-04-2017, 07:14 PM
if you were full timing and going off the grid definitely trojan batteries hands down.
but for most casual campers the costco batteries $139
manufactured by union carbide the biggest manufacturer of batteries
in north america

jpohlic
10-04-2017, 07:24 PM
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01MDQCGXZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered these LED's this spring for our truck camper and was quite happy with them. The seller had good reviews and they shipped fast. Color and light output similar to the incandescent bulbs they replaced. Way cheaper than buying locally.

I also needed new batteries, I had two mis matched 12v batteries, looked at going with two six volts but ended up with one Trojan 12v from battery world. I might add another one next year but so far it's been big enough. I'll see how it handles the furnace fan during my week of hunting later this month. I also have a 90 watt solar panel so it should be ok.

fordtruckin
10-04-2017, 07:34 PM
I picked up a couple 6 Volt batteries from Costco this spring. Hard to beat their pricing for sure. In Montana anyways the batteries are made by Interstate. As for the lights, I got them on amazon. Much cheaper and good quality. Good luck

Boogerfart
10-04-2017, 07:41 PM
I just bought a 20 pack of bulbs off Amazon for my trailer as well, cheap and fast. I ended up going with two 12v batteries as it's cheaper and they do just fine for me, I'm camping without hookups at this very moment and just run the genset a bit in the evening, the CT deep cycles keep the furnace running even when it's -8 overnight.

BUSHRVN
10-04-2017, 08:28 PM
I've been using Trojan T-105's for years and just bought my second set after the first set gave up after 9 years and I average 50-60 days of camping per year, early and late in the year. I was just out last weekend with no hook ups and in the morning the batteries are still at 3/4 full after running the furnace quite a bit all night.
You won't regret the investment into Trojans if you dry camp much at all. If you mostly have hook ups when you camp, it doesn't matter much what you get, but dual 6V's hold up much longer between charges.
Just be sure to keep the water levels up in them, check them 2-3 times a year and you're good. If they get low on water they heat up, swell and crack the housing. (my sister had this happen this summer:mad0030:)

As for LED lights, as already mentioned, Amazon is your best bet.

Sitting Bull
10-04-2017, 08:41 PM
I should mention that I don't boondock all that much , mostly during hunting season.

JohninAB
10-04-2017, 09:49 PM
LED bulbs off of Amazon. I ordered the same ones as jpholic did and then also a 5 pack of 900 lumen bright white bulbs. The 900’s are nice and bright.

DC Solutions on the south side of Edmonton is a good spot for batteries. They have 6 volt batteries for $198.50 which have higher amp hr rating than the T105’s. No core charge either.

My 2 6 volts crapped the bed after 8 years so I used 2 group 27 12 volts out of my boat this past week at moose camp in my fifth wheel. Ran the generator for a couple of hours a night and was golden. Just be sure to use good thick cables to hook the batteries together. I use welding cable. Makes a huge difference.

Stinky Buffalo
10-04-2017, 11:29 PM
Like several others on here.... We have Kirkland 6V golf cart batteries and LED’s from Amazon. Works great. Can boondock for pretty much a week easily.

TBark
10-05-2017, 07:56 AM
I’m 1 for 2 on my Trojan T-105’s, only got 26 mo out of one, and Battery World wouldn’t do anything for me on replacement.
Crappy 24 mo warranty on expensive batteries, not happy.
Bought a 12v Costco Kirkland instead.
If anyone wants my good T-105 I’ll give u deal.

TBark

walker1
10-05-2017, 09:50 AM
Go with 2 6v in series for sure. And good advice here on the thick cables. Thanks for the link for led lights as I need to upgrade this also. My toyhauler was 1 year old when I bought and has 2 6v deka batteries with heavy cables . price tag shows 350 a piece!!!!
hard wired to my 5500 genny on board. Winterized last week and I take my batteries home and trickle in garage. I run the Onan genny once a moth and hook up jumper cables to battery on truck.