PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale sports replacement

Chukar Hunter
10-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Has anyone heard any rumors that Cabela's may be opening a south Calgary store in WSS location? It seems like a slam dunk.

SSTL
10-04-2017, 08:42 PM
would be nice but its pretty close to the current Cabelas...

Digger1
10-04-2017, 08:45 PM
Hope they take Lethbridge instead!

Norwest Alta
10-04-2017, 09:26 PM
Hope they take Lethbridge instead!

They're welcome in gp as well.

boah
10-04-2017, 09:36 PM
Cabelas won’t be opening a store but basspro might.

Scottmisfits
10-05-2017, 09:37 AM
I don’t know any answers but I can’t see them opening another store. With Bass Pro and Cabelas already having stores in Calgary, even the close proximity to another, I can’t see it being a wise decision in today’s market. And moving the brand new Cabelas is pretty expensive.

Okotokian
10-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Why would they bother with another Calgary store? To out-compete Bass Pro? oh, I forgot..... LOL ;)

Pathfinder76
10-05-2017, 10:49 AM
Has anyone heard any rumors that Cabela's may be opening a south Calgary store in WSS location? It seems like a slam dunk.

Why would that be a slam dunk?

iliketrout
10-05-2017, 12:51 PM
Seeing how Bass Pro and Cabelas are now one and the same, I think it would be odd for them to open a 3rd store in Calgary unless they are going to keep the two stores as separate brands. In that case I could see WSS becoming a BPS - there is a huge market in southern Calgary/Okotoks that now has a very long way to go to get to a dedicated outdoors store...TFH, Cabelas, BPS all north of the transcanada.

Pasc43
10-05-2017, 01:27 PM
Edmonton has two cabelas just across town, wouldn't be a stretch to have one in south Calgary.

BootScoot
10-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Seeing how Bass Pro and Cabelas are now one and the same, I think it would be odd for them to open a 3rd store in Calgary unless they are going to keep the two stores as separate brands. In that case I could see WSS becoming a BPS - there is a huge market in southern Calgary/Okotoks that now has a very long way to go to get to a dedicated outdoors store...TFH, Cabelas, BPS all north of the transcanada.

They are remaining separate brands

tacomama
10-05-2017, 02:08 PM
Either BPS or Cabelas would be nice to have in the south. They should jump on the location opportunity.

Jayhad
10-05-2017, 03:05 PM
BPS has publicly stated they are discussing closing competing stores with-in 65K of each other....... I'm sure their bean counters are on top of the "Slam Dunk" locations

calgarygringo
10-05-2017, 05:54 PM
Saw an article a while back these 2 are the 5th closest of them all.

BPS has publicly stated they are discussing closing competing stores with-in 65K of each other....... I'm sure their bean counters are on top of the "Slam Dunk" locations

Unregistered user
10-05-2017, 06:57 PM
Heard the Calgary Cabelas will close next year.

Chukar Hunter
10-06-2017, 10:03 AM
Saw an article a while back these 2 are the 5th closest of them all.

That was my point after having read that too!

BDAJ
10-06-2017, 10:13 AM
I've heard rumours from WSS employees that Cabelas brass has already been in Lethbridge looking at locations. We do have a vacant building down here that is central in a business hub and accomodates pretty much all of Southern Alberta. If there was a Slam Dunk, this would be it. Take it for what you will though. All heresay.

JonnyBoy0919
10-06-2017, 03:47 PM
Wouldn't mind a Cabelas in Red Deer, although not sure if they'd be able to justify it with one and hour and a half away each way.

artie
10-06-2017, 04:18 PM
Would be nice if we could get a place back like the old Frenchies and Barrattos

amosfella
10-06-2017, 08:48 PM
Would be nice if we could get a place back like the old Frenchies and Barrattos

Or Russel sports.

Suzukisam
10-06-2017, 08:51 PM
In this economy and everyone wants to shop online instead of local who would bother investing.

wbshunt
10-21-2017, 10:01 AM
I am disappointed about the closing of wholesale sports. Don't get me wrong I prefer the Cabela's experience however every time I price compare a product from cabela's to wholesale sports cabela's was always more expensive. Plus with Bass Pro Shop buying out Cabela's they are really the only big player in the hunting/fishing industry. I can see this leading to even higher prices

artie
10-21-2017, 10:26 AM
just what Trump wants. take over Canada. let see no more Wholesale sports, sears, rona, C series plane what's next.

35 whelen
10-21-2017, 10:31 AM
I heard Bass Pros coming to the new Leduc Shopping Center

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

amosfella
10-21-2017, 11:38 AM
I've heard rumours from WSS employees that Cabelas brass has already been in Lethbridge looking at locations. We do have a vacant building down here that is central in a business hub and accomodates pretty much all of Southern Alberta. If there was a Slam Dunk, this would be it. Take it for what you will though. All heresay.

The other place would be the soon to be gone sears in Park Place Mall.

huntinstuff
10-21-2017, 06:12 PM
I heard the REAL owners of a Bass Pro, Wendy Cukier and The UN, are going to buy P&D, Phoenix and Canadian Tire, close them all , then blow themselves up across North America in the remaining BP Stores.......

Dunno. Heard it from a buddy or some stranger during coffee or while using the can.... can’t remember names or dates

Bigwoodsman
10-21-2017, 06:17 PM
I heard the REAL owners of a Bass Pro, Wendy Cukier and The UN, are going to buy P&D, Phoenix and Canadian Tire, close them all , then blow themselves up across North America in the remaining BP Stores.......

Dunno. Heard it from a buddy or some stranger during coffee or while using the can.... can’t remember names or dates

I read this on the internet too. So it must be true!

BW

dsoucy
10-21-2017, 10:34 PM
I am disappointed about the closing of wholesale sports. Don't get me wrong I prefer the Cabela's experience however every time I price compare a product from cabela's to wholesale sports cabela's was always more expensive. Plus with Bass Pro Shop buying out Cabela's they are really the only big player in the hunting/fishing industry. I can see this leading to even higher pricesWhat are you talking about I was just there 7mm amo is 50 for winchester super x at whole sale I went to Canadian tire it was 33. Everything there is 20% more. Evan now with the dicount they can't match other stores. That's why there out of bissnes.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

BorealBucks
10-21-2017, 10:56 PM
WSS is the biggest pos store, glad its going out of business, i can find cheaper prices at CT & Cabelas even with their up to 40% off bs its cheaper elsewhere. Good job, you did it to yourself.

1Heavyhitr
10-22-2017, 12:24 AM
I am disappointed about the closing of wholesale sports. Don't get me wrong I prefer the Cabela's experience however every time I price compare a product from cabela's to wholesale sports cabela's was always more expensive. Plus with Bass Pro Shop buying out Cabela's they are really the only big player in the hunting/fishing industry. I can see this leading to even higher prices

I agree with this totally. I don't know what you guys are talking about When it comes to Canadian tire being cheaper. Guns and ammo are way more at Canadian tire. Federal trophy bonded tip bullets Are $47 at WSS. CT Is $72. Guns are Marked up ridiculously at Canadian tire. I find Cabela's is generally a little bit more money then WSS too. You can't compare the prices And the bogus sales put on right now by the third-party liquidation company that is Handling the closing of WSS.

Bub
10-22-2017, 12:41 AM
In my experience, some things were cheaper at Wholesale Sports and some were at Cabela's. Guns are definitely cheaper at Canadian Tire than at either of those. I bought two guns at Canadian Tire over the past 2-3 years. One was more than $300 less than the lowest price anywhere else (at the time), including online in Canada. Maybe on sale that gun could be found for about the same price at Cabela's, I do not know. The other was $500 less than Cabela's sale price of a similar caliber (Cabela's did not carry this gun in the same caliber). It was on clearance though, but nonetheless.

wbshunt
10-22-2017, 07:30 AM
Exactly, I actually bought federal premium 2 weeks ago from Canadian tire and was choked when I walked into WSS yesterday and saw it for that much cheaper than Canadian tire.

But I have another example. I purchased a Swarovski ATS 20-65 Hd. At cabelas regular price $3529 compared to wholesale sports was $3000. That's 500 cheaper and both were regular price. Actually ended up buying it Mcbain camera believe it or not, they had the cheapest price at $2900 after tax.

colroggal
10-22-2017, 10:56 AM
Canadian tire price matches regular price items. And (McLeod at least) will order what you want. Buy Canadian.

Colin

Chukar Hunter
01-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Any further news as to who will take over the space?

I was thinking an outfit like the Calgary shooting centre would benefit from a large space like this to expand. They are always busy.

Daka
01-09-2018, 02:09 AM
What are you talking about I was just there 7mm amo is 50 for winchester super x at whole sale I went to Canadian tire it was 33. Everything there is 20% more. Evan now with the dicount they can't match other stores. That's why there out of bissnes.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

X2

Kevlak
01-09-2018, 05:51 AM
Heard the Calgary Cabelas will close next year.

They signed a 10 year lease with deerfoot city, if they left before that they would be sued millions if they broke it.

stiknfish
01-09-2018, 06:06 AM
just what Trump wants. take over Canada. let see no more Wholesale sports, sears, rona, C series plane what's next.

don't worry JT'S got our back:thinking-006::thinking-006:

elkhunter11
01-09-2018, 06:34 AM
WSS is the biggest pos store, glad its going out of business, i can find cheaper prices at CT & Cabelas even with their up to 40% off bs its cheaper elsewhere. Good job, you did it to yourself.

I hope you enjoy the higher prices that will result with less competition due to WSS closing. As to prices, WSS often had lower prices on firearms than Cabelas, and they had a much better selection of reloading supplies than Cabelas or Canadian Tire.

livinstone
01-09-2018, 07:03 AM
Cablelas owns bass pro shop so either way as of a couple a years agos . I would hope lethbridge would be the next.

dmac
01-09-2018, 08:18 AM
Cablelas owns bass pro shop so either way as of a couple a years agos . I would hope lethbridge would be the next.

Brilliant.

CanadianEh
01-09-2018, 09:00 AM

Not that I'm a stickler for facts.. But it's the other way around. Bass pro bought out cabelas. :medium-smiley-035:

Diesel_wiesel
01-09-2018, 09:28 AM
so with all this oh woe is us , about WSS closing down
and everyone wanting a store much like frenchies or SIR
why doesn't everyone chip in a couple or 10,000 and open a new store ?
call it the Alberta outdoors men store ,
something like that would never happen I'm thinking
because to get 10 people to agree on the same thing 9 of them would have to die
please correct me if I'm wrong about that LMAO

CaberTosser
01-09-2018, 09:41 AM

With the exception of the C-series all of those businesses had their courses / demises set long before the last presidential election south of the 49th. Rona was merely a takeover and that had to be accepted by Rona ownership, it’s not like they were even in any kind of financial trouble, they were merely an attractive takeover target due to being successful in the first place. Grasp at straws much or are you just one of those people who have a gag-reflex to blame Trump for everything? I see the behaviour in many and it’s really rather sad in how it has no relation whatsoever to any actions on his part but people will blame him anyways. I’m not particularly fond of the fellow but I’ll stand up for anyone being wrongly blamed. It would be good to get the thread back on topic, so perhaps if the topic isn’t about your favourite president, don’t change it to be about him.

amosfella
01-09-2018, 09:57 AM

We could call the store 'Outdoor Man', and it could look a lot like a Bass Pro Shop... (Last Man Standing reference)

Stinky Buffalo
01-09-2018, 12:36 PM
We could call the store 'Outdoor Man', and it could look a lot like a Bass Pro Shop... (Last Man Standing reference)

YES! :sHa_shakeshout:

Dweb
01-09-2018, 05:40 PM
BPS going to close out CT?.......:bad_boys_20:ya...... Ok......

amosfella
01-09-2018, 06:28 PM

YES! :sHa_shakeshout:

We have 2 guys agreeing... All in favor of Tim Allen being the add executive?? :D

Carriertxv
01-09-2018, 07:57 PM
WSS was close to me and I spent a lot of dollars there. Neither Bass pro or Cabells have the reloading stock that WSS did.
I've been buying more on the web now for many things. If I want something local Basspro and Cabellas won't be getting much if anything from me. Proline, CSC, Edge or driving to Flys Etc in High River is much easier though longer than going north to those other two that I really don't like.

mtnhunter
01-09-2018, 08:43 PM

It's really too bad that Two Guys Hunting closed down. They had some great prices on certain products and offered great customer service. Not much competition for the big-box stores I guess since it was a smaller operation.

propliner
01-09-2018, 09:14 PM
WSS was close to me and I spent a lot of dollars there. Neither Bass pro or Cabells have the reloading stock that WSS did.
I've been buying more on the web now for many things. If I want something local Basspro and Cabellas won't be getting much if anything from me. Proline, CSC, Edge or driving to Flys Etc in High River is much easier though longer than going north to those other two that I really don't like.

Yes, the two big box stores have very little to offer the serious shooter. I'll support those other guys too.

Maxwell87
01-10-2018, 08:16 AM
It would be awesome to see something happen on the south end but unlikely, is the Wholesale sports store. I can’t see the room being big enough for a basspro with all of there mounts and such they couldn’t fit much stock in the store! I wonder what the square foot comparisons would be.

Dubious
01-10-2018, 08:20 AM
There’s always the old sears in south center that location has 2 floors... there are options in the south there also building a pile of stuff by the south hospital that’s where the mec is going in. Bass pro and cabelas are really far north for all of us in the south I usually just order online rather than go to those clothing stores.

whitefish
01-10-2018, 11:25 AM

Agreed. WSS did have good stock and usually good prices on reloading. Cabelas did have decent reloading stock when they first bought out SIR, but selection declined quickly.

At times, WSS did have some pretty good sale prices on guns. Not great but good. Sales staff even tried to work with you on price. The fact that they wouldn't hold firearms or transferred between stores drove me nuts (at least in Calgary). I even agreed to pay for the shipping - nope.

I also try to support the smaller guys unless the price is outrageously higher than CT. I don't even like walking in Cabelas anymore. Never really liked BP. If you want camo bed spread and pillow cases, fudge, beef jerky or a light fixture made out of antlers than great.

That's just me.

possum
01-10-2018, 11:43 AM
That's quite a pipe dream that you fellas are having. For Cabelas to have a store in North and South Calgary and a Bass Pro in Airdrie would be totally crazy business wise. Do you see any of the bigger centers in the USA that have 2 Cabelas ?
Canadas purchasing power and sales for rifles/ammo/hunting gear is Minimal compared to the USA......Hell the state of California has more people than all of Canada and you think that they will drop another store into Alberta. It Aint never gonna happen. There are more sales in TX in one year than there is in all of Canada. It's all about Money.

whitefish
01-10-2018, 11:49 AM
That's quite a pipe dream that you fellas are having. For Cabelas to have a store in North and South Calgary and a Bass Pro in Airdrie would be totally crazy business wise. Do you see any of the bigger centers in the USA that have 2 Cabelas ?
Canadas purchasing power and sales for rifles/ammo/hunting gear is Minimal compared to the USA......Hell the state of California has more people than all of Canada and you think that they will drop another store into Alberta. It Aint never gonna happen. There are more sales in TX in one year than there is in all of Canada. It's all about Money.

I like denial, it gets me through the day :bad_boys_20:

32-40win
01-11-2018, 01:16 PM
Most probable scenario is they will close Cabelas here when the lease runs out, and all we will have is Basspro. I don't even want to think about the incentives they gave Basspro to setup where they did. Another store won't happen within city limits on the south end, unless it costs them next to nothing to do it.

Pasc43
01-11-2018, 01:28 PM

Edmonton has two..

rmatei
01-11-2018, 02:36 PM
Lets hope that Walmart sees this as an opportunity to get serious in the canadian market. They do pretty well in the US with their hunting and fishing department. If you look online at Walmart.com you see a good cross section of brands and prices are good.

possum
01-11-2018, 04:02 PM
Edmonton has two..

For now they do. The way of the future is going to be less overhead and that will mean less brick and mortar stores less stock on shelves and less staff.
I forget where i seen it but IIRC, Cabelas posted their net profits from a few years back and it wasn't that impressive.

Lets hope that Walmart sees this as an opportunity to get serious in the canadian market. They do pretty well in the US with their hunting and fishing department. If you look online at Walmart.com you see a good cross section of brands and prices are good.

If Wal Mart hasn't done it in all the years they have been in Canada it most likely isn't gonna happen. The Canadian gun laws will keep Wal Mart gun departments in the USA. Plus IIRC in the USA the gun makers will stock your store with guns and you can pay by installment. In Canada you pay the gun makers up front for your stock, thats why the big box stores have such a selection of guns down south.
Wal Mart in the USA also has there own fleet of trucks: Here in Canada they won't even consider buying their own fleet.

I would like to see some of the big box stores expand but the cost of stocking the shelves and overhead is saying things will go a different way. Plus society is leaning hard towards on line shopping more and more all the time. I remember years ago when I was young me and some buddys use to head to the states on a gun/ammo shopping, beer drinking weekend, but even that has changed now with Homeland Security. Times are changing and it's likely not gonna be getting better for us gun owners anytime soon. .....

elkhunter11
01-11-2018, 04:12 PM
As far as firearms and reloading supoes are concerned, I can do without Wholesale Sports, Cabelas or Bass Pro, and not suffer at all, bùt I have shopped there for clothing decoys, and other accessories. And Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart are pretty much useless for those items.

Big Thumper
01-11-2018, 04:15 PM
As far as firearms and reloading supoes are concerned, I can do without Wholesale Sports, Cabelas or Bass Pro, and not suffer at all, bùt I have shopped there for clothing decoys, and other accessories. And Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart are pretty much useless for those items.

Were you in PR today? Might have seen you? (my go to for reloading stuff!)

possum
01-11-2018, 04:17 PM

I totally agree with you.

boah
01-11-2018, 04:20 PM
Wss has always been cheaper than the other stores. Since they handed over their inventory to a liquidation company, the prices skyrocketed. They ceased to be wss back in the summer.

elkhunter11
01-11-2018, 04:20 PM
Were you in PR today? Might have seen you? (my go to for reloading stuff!)

Yes I was at PR this .morning. I dropped off five more firearms to go on consignment . The proceeds should cover my next purchase. I did get away cheap today with only a flat of shotshells and a case of shotshell primers.:)

whitetail Junkie
01-11-2018, 04:32 PM
Yes I was at PR this .morning. I dropped off five more firearms to go on consignment . The proceeds should cover my next purchase. I did get away cheap today with only a flat of shotshells and a case of shotshell primers.:)

Oh wow...what firearms are you selling?

elkhunter11
01-11-2018, 04:48 PM
Oh wow...what firearms are you selling?

AYA 20 gauge SxS, 725 Trap, Sako Bavarian carbine, and a couple of heavy barrel Coopers. If I have to think back to when I last used It, I don't need it. My inventory has gone from over 40 firearms to under 20 in the last two years.

whitetail Junkie
01-11-2018, 05:42 PM
AYA 20 gauge SxS, 725 Trap, Sako Bavarian carbine, and a couple of heavy barrel Coopers. If I have to think back to when I last used It, I don't need it. My inventory has gone from over 40 firearms to under 20 in the last two years.

That’s understandable...so what are you chasing now? I have a feeling that I’ll like it :)

elkhunter11
01-11-2018, 05:57 PM
That’s understandable...so what are you chasing now? I have a feeling that I’ll like it :)

A Blaser F-3 or Krieghoff K-80 for sporting clays.

12.gauge
01-12-2018, 12:02 PM
I would like to see another sports shop here in Sasaktoon. Cabelas is the only major player now. There are a cuople of smaller shops and one is more of a specialty shop with AR type firearms. Cableas tends to be more US orientated. Where I would like to see more choices is in Canadian ammunition and other manufacturers of firearms from different counties, with out having to order online. In alot of cases even with buying bulk and having to pay for shipping the cost is higher( not always).

wildbill
01-12-2018, 10:44 PM
Big US stores takin over, no good, luckily lots of other good Canadian stores still out there.

Unregistered user
01-13-2018, 06:32 AM
I do the vast majority of my shopping online and I'm an old fart, slow to embrace technology. Younger urbanites are way more connected and tech savvy than older folk. The future does not bode well for brick and mortar stores.

elkhunter11
01-13-2018, 08:09 AM
I do the vast majority of my shopping online and I'm an old fart, slow to embrace technology. Younger urbanites are way more connected and tech savvy than older folk. The future does not bode well for brick and mortar stores.

The problem is, that things like boots, need to be tried on to find a boot that fits properly. Shotguns are something that many people buy online, with no clue as to whether the gun fits them, because many people have no comprehension of shotgun fit. So while online shopping works for many things, there is still a need for actually shopping in person for some items.

Scottmisfits
01-13-2018, 09:04 AM
I’m one of those “tech savvy “ young guys and I still do most of my shopping in store. For the most part I hate online ordering. Mainly for a security blanket feeling for me if you want to say it. If I have a problem with something or want to return something it’s way easier to do that in store. Just like Elkhunter said there is something about fondling before you buy.

Bushrat
01-13-2018, 10:08 AM
I don't think you will see a replacement for Wholesale sports. The writing was on the wall especially in Edmonton when Cabelas opened two stores, wholesale 2 stores, then CT got into the business. The market is too small to support all those big box stores. The ones with the deepest pockets knew this and was only a matter of time until they squeezed out Wholesale. I wouldn`t be surprised if Cabelas doesn't close the North Store and focuses on one big store for the area or perhaps one of the stores turns into a Bass Pro now that they are sister companies.

ruffy71
01-13-2018, 10:32 AM
sorry to hijack a bit here, but Elkhunter, since you are trimming down your inventory, do you have any 16 gauge shotguns that you might part with at some time?

elkhunter11
01-13-2018, 01:04 PM
sorry to hijack a bit here, but Elkhunter, since you are trimming down your inventory, do you have any 16 gauge shotguns that you might part with at some time?

I only have one 16 gauge shotgun, and since I am not looking to sell it, you wouldn't like my price. The same is true for all of the firearms that I don't want to sell.:)

Unregistered user
01-14-2018, 08:26 AM
The problem is, that things like boots, need to be tried on to find a boot that fits properly. Shotguns are something that many people buy online, with no clue as to whether the gun fits them, because many people have no comprehension of shotgun fit. So while online shopping works for many things, there is still a need for actually shopping in person for some items.

True, I don't buy clothes/shoes without trying them on first. Look how retailing has changed in the last few decades, gone are Eatons, Kmart, Zellers and now Sears. Of all stores Sears should have made the transition to e-commerce seamlessly given their experience with mail-order. Wally mart was a big store killer for sure but even they have online shopping. Evolution in business as in life, adapt or die.

saskbooknut
01-14-2018, 09:09 AM
The shakeout of big box sports stores in the US and Eastern Canada continues. Canada is a blip on the margins of the US market. A replacement for Wholesale Sports is very unlikely.

gitrdun
01-14-2018, 03:17 PM
BassPro, Cabelas, WSS....meh! We're very fortunate to have Fly's Etc. right here in beautiful historic High River. Not big box, but a big little store. Friendly, knowledgeable staff and owners, what more could you want? Check out their site by clicking the banner at the top of this page. :sHa_shakeshout:

Chukar Hunter
01-14-2018, 05:09 PM
BassPro, Cabelas, WSS....meh! We're very fortunate to have Fly's Etc. right here in beautiful historic High River. Not big box, but a big little store. Friendly, knowledgeable staff and owners, what more could you want? Check out their site by clicking the banner at the top of this page. :sHa_shakeshout:

Agreed...except for one of the employees and most know who he is!

I buy lots of stuff from Udo. A true gent!

gitrdun
01-14-2018, 05:21 PM
Agreed...except for one of the employees and most know who he is!

I buy lots of stuff from Udo. A true gent!

I know whom you speak of CH. I work my way around him as I know what I want and don't require opinions nor suggestions. :sHa_shakeshout:

new_AB_huntet
01-31-2018, 09:29 PM
Don't see why it wouldn't work

gloszz
01-31-2018, 11:43 PM
The shakeout of big box sports stores in the US and Eastern Canada continues. Canada is a blip on the margins of the US market. A replacement for Wholesale Sports is very unlikely.

Seems like a lot of Big Box Sports Stores are going out of business or already have. Look at Sports Authority in the USA, Gander Mountain, Dicks and Field and Stream. All are struggling. Academy in Texas and other close by areas are doing really good.

-JR-
02-01-2018, 09:32 AM
Seems like a lot of Big Box Sports Stores are going out of business or already have. Look at Sports Authority in the USA, Gander Mountain, Dicks and Field and Stream. All are struggling. Academy in Texas and other close by areas are doing really good.

I walked into Cabelas the other day on a saturday and it was very quite also.
You never see any line ups at the tills .

Must be because every thing is very high priced...winter coats starting at $500.

May be co-op will move into the WWS location on Yellowhead trail .

Stinky Buffalo
02-01-2018, 10:23 AM
You never see any line ups at the tills.

I noticed that as well... I've been in the store off and on over the last few weeks, and it's been pretty quiet there.

They do have some great prices on clearance clothing right now, if any of you need some camo... I just picked up some snow camo neck gaiters for less than $5.00 (regularly $27.00).

Bushrat
02-01-2018, 07:16 PM
You never see any line ups at the tills .

Must be because every thing is very high priced...winter coats starting at $500.

Christmas is just over, Boxing day sales are over, people are paying their credit card bills and not spending. Retail is slow everywhere this time of year.

32-40win
02-03-2018, 02:15 AM
I see the remaining inventory is going up for auction in Vancouver, Able auctions, I think it said. Supposed to be 500K worth there still.