PDA

View Full Version : Free hunting licenses in NS

rmatei
10-05-2017, 09:21 AM
Have a friend in Nova Scotia who is 65 years old and he tells me that deer hunting licences are free for seniors in Nova Scotia. Time to lobby our Alberta Government boys and gals.

FinnDawg
10-05-2017, 09:40 AM
That would be a lot of lost revenue. For what? Why do seniors need to be able to hunt for free?

Scouter
10-05-2017, 09:42 AM
I'm for it:)

Canadasnowman
10-05-2017, 09:44 AM
Because we're old and entitled ....... I'm all in :)

rmatei
10-05-2017, 10:07 AM
That would be a lot of lost revenue. For what? Why do seniors need to be able to hunt for free?

Bigger question, why do we have to pay at all? So we can give Notley money to blow on the left wing agenda? I have bought hunting licenses for 50 years now, spent thousand of dollars on fuel, hotels, gear etc and did my part in moving the economy along. Probably only have a dozen hunting years left, and like a previous poster said, cuz I am entitled.

Dom4
10-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Bigger question, why do we have to pay at all? So we can give Notley money to blow on the left wing agenda? I have bought hunting licenses for 50 years now, spent thousand of dollars on fuel, hotels, gear etc and did my part in moving the economy along. Probably only have a dozen hunting years left, and like a previous poster said, cuz I am entitled.

I am very sorry to break it to you but I can guarantee that they will keep trying to suck every dollar out of you....

rmatei
10-05-2017, 03:17 PM
I am very sorry to break it to you but I can guarantee that they will keep trying to suck every dollar out of you....

And here is another one for you. Why are us bow hunters required to buy a bow hunting permit? You would think if the government was smart they would be asking rifle hunters to buy a permit, would generate a lot more revenue. Stupid that's why.

Dom4
10-05-2017, 03:17 PM
And here is another one for you. Why are us bow hunters required to buy a bow hunting permit? You would think if the government was smart they would be asking rifle hunters to buy a permit, would generate a lot more revenue. Stupid that's why.

Hey don't give them any more brilliant ideas......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bock Fever
10-06-2017, 09:10 AM
Half the money spent on all tags goes back to conservation. The last thing we need is less funding in that area. Buy your tags with a smile knowing that you're helping to ensure your kids and grandkids may have some place to hunt one day.
http://albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/gamemanage.html

Lefty-Canuck
10-06-2017, 09:12 AM

It was introduced as a measure to determine the number of bow hunters.... they gotta charge for it though right?

LC

BorealBucks
10-06-2017, 09:36 AM
because there is like 79 hunters in Nova Scotia, jokes. But really Edmonton has more people than all of NS

Salavee
10-06-2017, 12:25 PM
Half the money spent on all tags goes back to conservation. The last thing we need is less funding in that area. Buy your tags with a smile knowing that you're helping to ensure your kids and grandkids may have some place to hunt one day.
http://albertaregulations.ca/huntingregs/gamemanage.html

One of the reasons you enjoy hunting as it is today is because many of the older hunters before you have put in decades of effort and financial support to ensure that it was available for you... and they continue to do so. Nice to see the recognition in Nova Scotia.

Howard Hutchinson
10-06-2017, 01:13 PM
>>>
Many Seniors are on the lower/locked income dude.

If they're able to get out and do it, what not?