PDA

View Full Version : Hasse Lake

Fishmaster
05-10-2009, 01:18 AM
Well im headin out to hasse lake tomorrow morning at 5 am with my father, ill be flyfishin nd hes goin to be bait chuckin, im pretty sure ill do better :P ill reply tomorrow how my day went hopin for some nice big guys up nd earlyy.

lonehunter
05-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Well im headin out to hasse lake tomorrow morning at 5 am with my father, ill be flyfishin nd hes goin to be bait chuckin, im pretty sure ill do better :P ill reply tomorrow how my day went hopin for some nice big guys up nd earlyy.

How was the fishing? I was at hasse last Saturday..Caught only 2 perch about 10 inchs long..No bows

Fishmaster
05-11-2009, 12:44 AM
well we didnt end up goin at 5 we left bout 6 nd got to th late bout 730 nd the dock was pretty full already like didnt want to sit right next to one another, so we ended up going to star lake stared fishin bout 8 till 11 not a single bite, plus there was a few others on shore with no luck either, then one guy landed one and that was about it, stopped at chickakoo on the way home oh boy did that lake seem dirty, not movin around there at all.

Morph1
05-11-2009, 09:41 AM
We went to Star on Sunday got there about 6:40 am fished till 11 - not a single bite :confused: , guy next to us landed only one bow, we packed up and went to Salters Lake - Onoway , the water must've droped there another 2 ft lol what a mud hole..., water was very murky, stayed there for 3 hours not a single bite ... WTF is with those trout ??? :lol: they got smarter or are they on a fricken hunger strike ????
Well may long weekend comes soon, I say hell with the potholes, I'm starving for some fresh walleyes and boat fishing :D
Cheers !

eys8830
05-11-2009, 10:52 AM
I was at Star Lake on Sunday for 4 hrs and same thing no one bite... some guy was saying that conservation was under the impression that local lakes got netted, so all stock lakes in the area were equipped or being equipped with live & recording cameras. I don't know if that is true or not but it would explain why were are not catching anything on theses lakes.

Pierre
05-11-2009, 11:55 AM
I was at a pothole south of the city recently and was quite certain the lake was 'turning over'. For those oblivious to this phenomenon,

http://www.islandnet.com/~see/weather/elements/turnlakes.htm
http://www.waterontheweb.org/under/lakeecology/05_stratification.html

Sartorius
05-11-2009, 03:38 PM
I went to Star last Thursday from 7 until 10; I caught one 16"er off the point of the (what used to be an) island from my float tube. I talked to some guys fishing from a boat at around the same time, they caught a 16"er as well. I also saw a bait guy on shore hook into a trout, only to have it break off. I also noticed two or three nice looking trout jump, as well as a school of sticklbacks or something break the surface, as if being chased by a trout.

So the fish are in there!

But I havn't really had any success on any of the other pothole lakes around here....

I work at the Spring Lake RV Resort; today two guys went fishing at the lake from about 10 until 2; they caught one trout. The lake was stocked last Friday.

Sartorius
05-11-2009, 03:44 PM
P.S. Thanks for the turnover info Pierre! It's a good concept to understand.

Fishmaster
05-11-2009, 09:56 PM
We went to Star on Sunday got there about 6:40 am fished till 11 - not a single bite :confused: , guy next to us landed only one bow, we packed up and went to Salters Lake - Onoway , the water must've droped there another 2 ft lol what a mud hole..., water was very murky, stayed there for 3 hours not a single bite ... WTF is with those trout ??? :lol: they got smarter or are they on a fricken hunger strike ????
Well may long weekend comes soon, I say hell with the potholes, I'm starving for some fresh walleyes and boat fishing :D
Cheers !

heyy i talked to u i was the one in the greenfloat tube i was with my dad nd you were packing up i belive nd the guy next to u had that lil fire going right?

Morph1
05-12-2009, 10:09 AM
heyy i talked to u i was the one in the greenfloat tube i was with my dad nd you were packing up i belive nd the guy next to u had that lil fire going right?

Yep that was me ...., we went to another pothole in search for better luck lol, but we haven't found any :lol::lol: 2 weekends in the raw skunked :mad2:
next weekend time for some eyes.

Cheers !

jacob1202
05-12-2009, 02:13 PM
i too went out to hasse yesterday for the day.... fished the whole lake and finally caught 2 rainbows none of any spectacular sizes... but i was right along the shoreline on the northside of the lake.... i was using my fly rod and a wooly bugger...they didnt seem to bite on anything else

Sartorius
05-12-2009, 03:19 PM
i was using my fly rod and a wooly bugger...they didnt seem to bite on anything else

I caught my Star Lake rainbow on an olive woolly bugger.

Hopefully the pike will bite better than the trout when May 15th hits...