PDA

View Full Version : Rusting inside trail camera

Birchcraft
10-07-2017, 08:28 AM
Just opened up my camera and found this, any chance or need for repair? Past warrantee and im not the original purchaser anyways. Im just wondering if a guy can try a little disassembly and maybe wipe and scrub down the led panel with alcohol or anything else if that's worth trying. Though? Still seems to operate fine for now...

http://i.imgur.com/kkJpaKd.jpg

58thecat
10-07-2017, 08:53 AM
If it works don't fix it...air it out,clean it to the best of your abilities, test it and if she works hang it up on a tree...check the seals as they might be dry, a light smear of Vaseline might help the rubber seals.

Birchcraft
10-07-2017, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the advice, was thinking as much but figured i'd better check before putting it out for more elemental torture.

On a somewhat related note, heard a good tip the other day, possibly even from this forum, but if you ever have issues with condensation inside your camera possibly fogging up the lense from the inside, put rice inside and it'll clear right up. Just something to keep in mind, its pretty expensive having these cams out in the field so you definitely want to make sure they are getting clear photos.