PDA

View Full Version : Infrastructure Surcharge on CFA Workers in Alta!!!!

Drewski Canuck
10-07-2017, 10:50 PM
Alberta can get its point across, and be compensated NICELY for the fact we generate income tax for other Provinces.

Say some Montrealer works in the patch for a drilling season but maintains his residence in Montreal. Low and behold his Provincial Income tax ON INCOME EARNED IN ALBERTA, is paid in Quebec !!!! ?????

Now lets say some Mayor of Montreal is dancing a jig about shafting Alberta, yet again, but his CFA workers start complaining about having to pay 4 % on the Income earned in Alberta, TO SUPPORT THE ALBERTA INFRASTRUCTURE THAT CREATED THE JOB in the first place,

Do You Think The Other Provinces Would Finally Want to Work With Alberta???

The CFA worker would have a choice. Move to Alberta, spend the money in Alberta, and avoid the Infrastructure Levy. Its that simple. If the money keeps moving back and forth in the Alberta Economy, lots of levels of employment are created, IN ALBERTA!!!!

I actually wrote to every MLA in the Leg about this concept. The only MLA reply was from the idiot Fildebrant, who suggested we "Value" the workers from the other provinces who are assisting our work force and employers.

That idiot Fildebrandt did not quite understand that the other Provinces do not VALUE the Opportunity and TAX DOLLARS created in Alberta, for their Workers, or the other Provinces would stop sabotaging ALBERTA!!!!

Anyway, stop crying over Energy East, or the Kitimat Project, or the Prince Rupert line proposal, and face up to it, our Provincial Government needs to take an ALBERTA FIRST approach, and start taxing the CFA workers to get the point across.

And if the point of Inter Provincial Cooperation does not get across, don't worry about it, we will have our Infrastructure levy to spend on ALBERTANS.

Happy Turkey day everyone.

Drewski

3blade
10-08-2017, 12:22 AM
Sounds good to me. Good luck with this government though. I wonder what Kenny or jean would have to say about it. Would make a great leadership debate question.

nsmitchell
10-08-2017, 07:40 AM
A few years back I worked a year in NWT managing a construction job. There was a tax that was not recoverable on all non-NWT resident workers. Seems like a good idea. Oh and we do value the workers but pay to play could certainly apply. Cannot remember the rate of the tax.

MountainTi
10-08-2017, 07:50 AM
A few years back I worked a year in NWT managing a construction job. There was a tax that was not recoverable on all non-NWT resident workers. Seems like a good idea. Oh and we do value the workers but pay to play could certainly apply. Cannot remember the rate of the tax.

I too have paid a tax to the NWT while working there.
I have said it for years, any money earned in Alberta by non residents should be taxed in Alberta. Same goes for other provinces/territories.

Ft. Mac is the classic example. How many workers from out east earn a large pay cheque here and not a penny is taxed or spent in Alberta.

Bub
10-08-2017, 09:52 AM
What's the difference if it will be offset by the equalization payments at the end of the day?

Drewski Canuck
10-08-2017, 12:28 PM
The difference is that the equalization payments sent out are not giving any revenue to Alberta.

All Provinces pay to Ottawa, some get back. This money stays here to pay for things like roads, hospitals, policing, ...

Did you know that at one time there were 40,000 people in work camps around Fort McMurray?

Did you know that there were charter Airbus 320's landing with crew changes from down east?

Did you see a PENNY from the 6 figure incomes earned for DECADES by CFRA workers in Alberta??

Drewski