PDA

View Full Version : Hunting in Jasper National Park

Peterupnorth
10-08-2017, 09:15 AM
Here is a quote from the news:

"A section of Jasper National Park is closed to the general public for a week to allow members of a B.C. First Nation to hunt on their traditionally used lands, which fall within the park boundary.
Parks Canada said it negotiated an agreement with Simpcw First Nation, which it says has been asking for several years to hold a harvest on their traditionally used lands. The move is part of reconciliation efforts between the government and Canada’s First Nations."

Should be easy pickings as the animals graze along the roadside ditches!
A photo op for the PM?

Kurt505
10-08-2017, 09:30 AM
For those that thought this was about population control, here's the proof it's something way more sinister then that.

They're just breaking the rest of Canadians in easy. Little by little they will take over our wildlife as their own, essentially taking what we've all contributed in preserving.

With Canada being the size it is, surely they can find other land to shoot animals on. Or maybe the unregulated hunting has reduced the population to much in those areas.

Sickening.

Nester
10-08-2017, 09:37 AM
Good for them.

Drewski Canuck
10-08-2017, 12:39 PM
The Band in Question is a NON TREATY FN.

What that means is that their TRADITIONAL LAND has not been surrendered.

What that means is that like most BC Bands, they would gladly deal with Ottawa and get a Treaty, which COULD restrict hunting in the National Parks that form part of their Traditional Land. IF Ottawa decides not to decide in settling the Treaties in BC, and most of the BC Bands have no Treaties, then this is what you get.

However, the bigger problem is not a few animals from the National Park, it is the fact that BC is being claimed about 1.5 X over by Bands that say they have the rights to the Traditional Lands as opposed to other bands.

In the Okanagan, there are places being claimed by 6 competing bands. In other words, they can't agree who has the exclusive right to surrender the land claimed in a Treaty.

As for the Band hunting in Jasper, they did the same thing in Mount Robson Provincial Park, except it was "grizzly bears".

They are trying to get attention to force Ottawa's hand is my read. Lots of animals to hunt outside the Parks, just not the same media circus.

Drewski

Big Grey Wolf
10-08-2017, 03:03 PM
My traditional hunting lands only go back 3 generations. However I have hunted most of the rivers in Alberta. I guess it is time for me to exercise my traditional hunting land claims to most rivers in Alberta!

Lites out
10-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Yeah and you should go get a license and hunt when you're suppose to also!!!!

birdseye
10-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Then this should be traditional hurt,horses and recurve bows home made arrows,and Def not using newer trucks.spot lights,or rifles just my opinion