PDA

View Full Version : Question about non-draw tag

Tundra8
10-08-2017, 05:30 PM
Hello,

My question will probably seem stupid but I can not find my response in the regulations.
I would like to know if a non-draw tag is related to a specific unit.
For example, if I take a non draw tag for Elk and decide to hunt (archery) wmu 406 in September and switch to wmu 410 in October, is it possible with this same tag? Or any wmu without a drawing season?

Thank you

dewalt18
10-08-2017, 06:14 PM
The term "general" is used for a reason. Tag is valid in any WMU with an open season for that specific tag.

elkhunter11
10-08-2017, 06:22 PM
An "elk" tag is not tied to a specific wmu or season, so it can be used in any wmu or season, that has an open season that doesn't require a draw. Because it can also be used during the archery season as well as the general season, it isn't officially referred to as a general tag.

Lefty-Canuck
10-08-2017, 06:27 PM
Hello,

My question will probably seem stupid but I can not find my response in the regulations.
I would like to know if a non-draw tag is related to a specific unit.
For example, if I take a non draw tag for Elk and decide to hunt (archery) wmu 406 in September and switch to wmu 410 in October, is it possible with this same tag? Or any wmu without a drawing season?

Thank you

Yes as long as you don't need a draw for either of those seasons in either of those WMU's.

The tag is an elk tag, the seasons dictate whether you need a draw or not and when the season is archery only or general.

LC

Tundra8
10-09-2017, 05:19 AM
Thank you very much for all your responses!

Okotokian
10-10-2017, 11:22 AM
Sort of "yes and no". Don't think that a general tag is good for any WMU. Many WMU's may not have a season that you can use that tag. You need to look in the regs. Also, there are many tags which are not "draw" tags but which are good for a very limited number of WMU's. Supplemental Antlerless White Tail tags are an example of this. But yes, overall you can generally use a general tag in a number of different WMU's.