PDA

View Full Version : relocating for work..

acrtech
10-09-2017, 11:31 AM
Any one here could gime me the ramifications of moving to Bc in relation to the hunting community here in Alberta. what happens to all the hunting info such as relm, win card, priorities etc for Alberta..?
Son took an automotive mechanic job in the valley.

thanks. :character0175:

Okotokian
10-10-2017, 11:14 AM
I'll be the first to guess.... LOL

I'd say it all stays. He would just use the priority points as a non-resident on things he is allowed to hunt.

I'm sure I'll be corrected. :)

shawn
10-10-2017, 11:36 AM
When I moved I kept my priorities but now hunt as a non resident I can only hunt certain animals, for example I cant hunt mulie does or cow moose as a non resident

shawn
10-10-2017, 11:42 AM
Also I am limited to certain zones for some animals such as moose I am unable to apply in many of the southern zones.

ChrisGrohms
10-10-2017, 02:04 PM
If you only plan to be out of province for a few years I think you would be able to maintain priority or even further your priority by 999ing your draws online. I am now a bc resident but I still have my win card and could probably hand in for draws to build priority if I choose to ever move back but I feel like that is a little unfair for the resident albertans that are putting their time in and waiting.
With all the hunting we have here I don’t feel the need to double dip. If I ever decide to move back I’ll just pick up where I left off.

birdee
10-10-2017, 07:52 PM
win card stays
came from bc to hunt for geese here 20 yrs ago
had to have win card when i moved here 3 yrs ago
told me i already had win #

acrtech
10-10-2017, 11:19 PM
thanks for all the replies guys. i'll be sure pass along the info.

:)

.257Weatherby
10-11-2017, 05:42 AM
Any one here could gime me the ramifications of moving to Bc in relation to the hunting community here in Alberta. what happens to all the hunting info such as relm, win card, priorities etc for Alberta..?
Son took an automotive mechanic job in the valley.

thanks. :character0175:

I don't think you asked this but, your son is considered a non resident for at least six months after moving to BC.
When it comes to BC Hunter Number and Big Game Lic.
Rob