PDA

View Full Version : Sons first fish

Biggsy16
05-10-2009, 01:31 PM
Greetings,
My son and I with some friends went out to lake newell on Saturday and my son caught his first fish a 8.5 pounder Pike.I was lucky enough to catch an 18 pounder.It was a great day and we are cooking up my sons catch for his mother today.

SuCraM
05-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Congrats to both of you I bet your boy will be hooked now.

bigd
05-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Awesome!! I remember all of my kids first fish- some of my best memories. Do you have any pics??

Biggsy16
05-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Yes,
I have pics but cannot seem to get them small enough for this site

dodger
05-10-2009, 07:45 PM
2 thumbs up !!!
Dodger.

tbosch
05-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Nice first catch! Should make a yummy pan fry this time of year. I remember my first fish like it was yesterday. It was a 6 pound sucker out of bower ponds in red deer. I was around 4 years old at the time.

Battery
05-11-2009, 09:05 AM
wow an 8 pounder for a first fish. good job. My first fish was a perch and i dropped the rod when the fish bit the bait, and ran to the other side of the boat screaming :lol: couldn't imagine an 8 pound pike for a first fish, your son must of been a happy kid. and you must be a proud father.

mooseknuckle
05-11-2009, 11:50 AM
wow an 8 pounder for a first fish. good job. My first fish was a perch and i dropped the rod when the fish bit the bait, and ran to the other side of the boat screaming :lol: couldn't imagine an 8 pound pike for a first fish, your son must of been a happy kid. and you must be a proud father.

Thats Funny as heck my daughter did the exact same thing with her first catch last year when she reeled it up and it started splashing (2lb pike) she drop the rod and ran for mommy. pretty cute actually. An 8lber for a first fish wow!! Thats a good catch for a seasoned angler imo. Hopefully you can share some of the pics wth us.