PDA

View Full Version : Dental in Mexico

Glion
10-09-2017, 05:46 PM
Hi I am just wondering if anyone has gone down to Mexico to get some dental work done and if it was ok etc... I got quoted over 11k for dental and benefits won't cover a dime as they view it as cosmetic. Just trying to find a cheaper way. Thanks

Roderek
10-09-2017, 06:13 PM
Not sure what you need done, but BC dental prices are like 50% of Alberta on most stuff. You can get a root canal and crown in BC for the price of the root canal in Alberta.

tbiddy
10-09-2017, 06:33 PM
Hi I am just wondering if anyone has gone down to Mexico to get some dental work done and if it was ok etc... I got quoted over 11k for dental and benefits won't cover a dime as they view it as cosmetic. Just trying to find a cheaper way. Thanks

We go down there all the time. I used these guys to get my wisdom teeth out. Spoke perfect english, really clean and state of the art facilities.

https://www.dentoamerica.com/

Twisted Canuck
10-09-2017, 06:54 PM
My wife had her wisdom teeth removed in Puerta Vallarta years ago. Amazing service, 1/3 the price. About 9 years ago she was quoted $12-15,000 for veneers and repair work. She got it done in Bolivia for $1500 USD. Still as good as new. English speaking, state of the art facility, spotlessly clean. Enjoy your holiday and savings.

aardvaark
10-09-2017, 08:06 PM
I just got back from there a couple weeks ago. I was quoted just under 14G Cdn for 4 crowns, 1 extraction, cleaning and xrays here in AB. Got it all done for $1280 US in Algodones MX. And they'll do the bridge to fill the hole where I had the extraction for $300 when I go back after a min of 3 months healing.

I stayed in Yuma AZ for $37 a night, Algodones is about a 10 mile drive from there. The whole thing was done in 3 days.

As for the people/facility - by far the best dental experience I've ever had. After the extraction, there was no pain to speak of, except if I bit down on something. The crowns fit next to perfect.

There are many horror stories that come out of Algodones - be careful!! Go only with a referral. Do Not let the locals talk you into a cheaper price; it may cost you many many many times your savings to get it repaired plus pain and suffering.

I went to: International Dental Group, Dr Patricia Vicente, phone 011-52-658-517-3200, bejoy56@yahoo.com You will need an appointment.

Also got 2 pairs of prescription glasses for $180 US. Both with bifocals, one with photo-grey, 1 sunglass, including exam. 3 hours start to finish.

Glion
10-09-2017, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the replys and referrals I am looking into some implants so I don't want it messed up. I will start doing some research on these suggestions.

aardvaark
10-09-2017, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the replys and referrals I am looking into some implants so I don't want it messed up. I will start doing some research on these suggestions.

I'm not sure if the people I referred you to do implants - but they can do the consult and then 'farm-out' the specialty work. That way you can still have the work done and guaranteed by a reputable facility.

spoiledsaskhunter
10-09-2017, 08:46 PM
....my mother and step dad have both had dental work in algodones.....both have had terrible results.

her false teeth don't fit right and clack so lous I hate to have her at my table. she says she can't chew lettuce. he's in about the same boat.

judging by their problems, i'llnever get work done there.

I don't know which dentist did their work

Johnny G1
10-09-2017, 09:15 PM
There is good and bad every where but you have to watch Algodones, there is some good one's there.

normstad
10-09-2017, 10:54 PM
I've known many who went to Nogales for work, and not one that was not ecstatic with the work and price. Most of those dentists are trained in North America, and their equipment is as modern as anything you will find here.

lmtada
10-10-2017, 07:30 AM
If you want dental cheap, go to Dental schools. Be there guinea pig.

warriorboy10
10-10-2017, 08:59 AM
....my mother and step dad have both had dental work in algodones.....both have had terrible results.

her false teeth don't fit right and clack so lous I hate to have her at my table. she says she can't chew lettuce. he's in about the same boat.

judging by their problems, i'llnever get work done there.

I don't know which dentist did their work

My mom spent thousands here and dentures don't fit and can't chew either!!

bat119
10-10-2017, 09:16 AM
My parents snowbirded in Yuma for 22 years they used Mexicare for everything dental, glasses and the prescription drugs they sell in liquor stores oddly enough. They had many fiends and relatives come and stay them for treatments in Algodones none ever had a problem.
A tip to find the best services is to go to the big swap meet and talk to some snowbirds most are really friendly. BTW the population of Yuma during the winter months is 50% Mexican 25% American and 25% Canadian.

Okotokian
10-10-2017, 10:24 AM

I spent more than that recently. But here's something you need to think about. My work included multiple call-backs, molds, fittings, adjustments, etc. All part of the original quote and price. How are you going to get that support and service from your Mexican dentist? I'm not even questioning the Mexican dentist/s qualifications and training (which may or may not be fine). If I hadn't had any extra work after my original procedure, I'd be very disappointed. My dentist kept working on it until everything looked and felt perfect. Do consider that.

Redfrog
10-10-2017, 11:09 AM
For cheap dental work I use this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeiZ3DO2xho

SlowHawk
10-10-2017, 03:23 PM
I came across this blog last week. A lot of pictures and "how to's".

http://roadslesstraveled.us/mexican-dentists-finding-affordable-dental-care-in-mexico/

fish_e_o
10-10-2017, 03:40 PM
About 9 years ago she was quoted $12-15,000 for veneers and repair work. She got it done in Bolivia for $1500 USD. Still as good as new. English speaking, state of the art facility, spotlessly clean. Enjoy your holiday and savings.

how was bolivia for a vacation? did you shoot doves there too?

morinj
10-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Girlfriend mom had a pretty bad experience in Mexico! Getting dental work done anywhere is like rolling the dice! You may wanna get a quote or two in different provinces!

CritterCommander
10-10-2017, 07:28 PM
2 root canals and 2 crowns last winter in Albogones and not a single problem, go see Dr Monserrat Molina on 2B ave, you will be happy you did.

mooseknuckle
10-10-2017, 07:55 PM
Myself, wife, 4 kids all got cleaned and a check up in pv 2 years ago. Was like $325usd. Awesome service, and a great excuse to go back and.spend another week or 2 on the beach.