PDA

View Full Version : Scents & CWD

bobcatguy1
01-13-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone is concerned about CWD getting spread into the wild by the scents you buy & use to attract the big one.
If CWD is found mainly on game farms & places with high populations how can we be sure it is not in that bottle of doe in heat. That stuff is collected at game farms. One of the theories is that it is passed on through urine. Is it tested for prions before going to market?
I believe it is outlawed in some provinces.

lethalconnection
01-13-2007, 02:57 PM
You bring up a very good point actually and i know ive never thought of that before, but im sure that they would hopefully test it before distributing it and if they dont well i guess someone should be contacted to inform them of this possibility.

CWD and Scent'
01-13-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm just wondering if anyone is concerned about CWD getting spread into the wild by the scents you buy & use to attract the big one.I would have to say no cwd is already in the wild Just my 2 cent's .I think rob had done a article on this a few years back cant remember when though.

Hydehunter
01-13-2007, 03:30 PM
We are not allowed to use real urine here in Manitoba, they have to be synthetic.

MrLeahy
01-13-2007, 06:24 PM
I use HUGO BOSS:rollin

Tucumseh
01-13-2007, 09:41 PM
I think rob had done a article on this a few years back cant remember when though.

Yes he did in the April 26 2002 (http://www.organicconsumers.org/madcow/hunters42602.cfm) issue.

Rob
01-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Manitoba is so far ahead of the rest of the country when it comes to controlling CWD it isn't even funny. No game farming, no products containing collected urine etc.

Wish the rest of the country would follow suit.