PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a new Chevy or gmc truck?

shr970
10-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Looking at buying a new truck anyone have any recommendations on a good dealer to buy a new Chevy Silverado or gmc sierra 1500?

Thanks shr

crwhite
10-10-2017, 08:47 AM
Talk to Rick at Murray's Chev in Lethbridge. It might be a bit of a drive for you given your location, but I picked up a new truck back in May through him, and he made it super easy. Tell him Nate sent you.

Willowayin
10-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Talk to Jim at Jacks Carter in deep SE Calgary. Tell him Leona referred you to him. I bought the dealerships 2013 accessories GMC truck in Dec 2016 and I love my truck. . Jim is a super salesman and the service is great.

Oops make that Dec 2015.

Puma
10-10-2017, 09:50 AM
Rural dealerships seem to have more aggressive pricing, probably because they sell more trucks. Take a drive out to a smaller center like Olds.

Willowayin
10-10-2017, 11:16 AM
Talk to Jim at Jacks Carter in deep SE Calgary. Tell him Leona referred you to him. I bought the dealerships 2013 accessories GMC truck in Dec 2016 and I love my truck. . Jim is a super salesman and the service is great.

Oops make that Dec 2015.

Geez I was close I looked at business card as I dug it out of truck it's Bill Randall.

Scottmisfits
10-10-2017, 11:29 AM
I bought mine at Jack Carter. They were the best pricing within an hour of a Calgary, including Olds, Stratford, Okotoks, High River and Cochrane.

ChickakooKookoo
10-10-2017, 11:32 AM
Not Don Wheaton Chev on Whyte.

Disgustingly aggressive sales reps, finance people were ignorant as could be. And they forgot to put in all the extras I paid to have installed....

pgavey
10-10-2017, 02:15 PM
Try Mainline in Rosetown Sask. Blew all the Alta dealers prices away by thousands of dollars. And no Prov tax if you live in Alberta. I dealt with
Tyler at the main branch in Watrous Sask My son and I have purchased 5 new
trucks from him over the last few years. Get your best Alberta price,than call Tyler for a price, You will be pleasantly surprised. Tell Tyler Phil Gavey from Medicine Hat says hello. Good luck Phil.

shr970
10-10-2017, 02:42 PM
Thanks for all the reply I will follow up on those recommendations for sure hopefully get a good price. Thanks again shr

4thredneck
10-10-2017, 07:47 PM
Lakewood Chev in Edmonton was really good to me, talk to Bill if your interested. tell him Troy referred you.

Sask Bearman
10-10-2017, 07:52 PM
Try Mainline in Rosetown Sask. Blew all the Alta dealers prices away by thousands of dollars. And no Prov tax if you live in Alberta. I dealt with
trucks from him over the last few years. Get your best Alberta price,than call Tyler for a price, You will be pleasantly surprised. Tell Tyler Phil Gavey from Medicine Hat says hello. Good luck Phil.

Agreed, call Rosetown Mainline.

Trochu
10-10-2017, 07:58 PM

Maybe the selling prices are different, but Kipp Scott's advertised price is $36,900 while Mainline's is $39,122 for a black 2017 GMC Sierra Elevation.....

pgavey
10-10-2017, 08:26 PM
Ya but when you get there, Sorry we just sold that one. But do we have a deal for you.

Albany
10-10-2017, 08:44 PM
I have bought 2 trucks from Bill Liske at GSL - great guy to deal with and also came to the best price (both trucks) I could get anywhere.

Good luck

shr970
10-10-2017, 10:24 PM
I was looking at the elevation package at cmp they wanted 47 and I was looking at the true north edition also 47500 seemed a little much 39-42 seems more reasonable

Trochu
10-11-2017, 07:24 AM
I was looking at the elevation package at cmp they wanted 47 and I was looking at the true north edition also 47500 seemed a little much 39-42 seems more reasonable

You should be able to do alot better than $47k for the Elevation package.

https://www.kippscott.ca/en/for-sale/car/new/gmc/sierra_1500

sparky660
10-11-2017, 08:05 AM
Looking at buying a new truck anyone have any recommendations on a good dealer to buy a new Chevy Silverado or gmc sierra 1500?

Thanks shr

College Park in Vermillion have always been awesome to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drewski Canuck
10-11-2017, 08:46 AM
Step One: Decide Exactly what you want.

Step Two: Do an E Mail Offer to every dealership within 200 Km with your Bottom Line Offer, inclusive of all the garbage upcharges, plus GST.

Step Three: When Mr. Chuckles calls, just say, "Are you accepting my Offer?" Its either yes or no.

The days of Dealership Loyalty are long over. It does not matter how nice some guy was in the past.

This is a one off transaction.

Drewski

IL Bar
10-11-2017, 08:56 AM
Bought my last one at CMP in Calgary from Anatoli. Very nice fellow. They didn't try and play the games that any dealership that ends in Wheaton try to play. I've bought a few from a couple different Wheaton dealers and not sure I'd go back. The gal in the business office at Pike Wheaton in Red Deer still has me mad. I've also never have gotten one of those "surveys" that they need filled out in their favour.

Roderek
10-11-2017, 08:58 AM
Don't go to CMP in NE Calgary, I believe they are also owned by the one on Blackfoot.

They didn't have the color of the truck I wanted and offered me to go down a trim level with an increase in price....

I went to Shaganappi and they were much better to deal with.

sgill808
10-11-2017, 09:26 AM
Don't go to CMP in NE Calgary, I believe they are also owned by the one on Blackfoot.

They didn't have the color of the truck I wanted and offered me to go down a trim level with an increase in price....

I went to Shaganappi and they were much better to deal with.

I have had nothing but great experiences at CMP. I bought a 2016 GMC Sierra from them last year and Dayo was great to deal with. Through in lots of extras as well.

My brother found a used 2016 Sierra Denali on Kijiji up in Edmonton and the guy had it listed for $56,000 with 12000km on it. Went to Dayo and told him that were thinking about picking it up, he brought in a brand new 2016 Denali (exact same truck) but with 0km and my brother paid $56,900.

I have also referred several friends to him as well, and everyone has been very happy.

Roderek
10-11-2017, 10:44 AM
I have had nothing but great experiences at CMP. I bought a 2016 GMC Sierra from them last year and Dayo was great to deal with. Through in lots of extras as well.

My brother found a used 2016 Sierra Denali on Kijiji up in Edmonton and the guy had it listed for $56,000 with 12000km on it. Went to Dayo and told him that were thinking about picking it up, he brought in a brand new 2016 Denali (exact same truck) but with 0km and my brother paid $56,900.

I have also referred several friends to him as well, and everyone has been very happy.

I got the truck at Shaganappi that CMP didn't have for $3000 less.
$4000 less then the lower trim level they wanted me to drop to.

But everyone has different experiences, glad yours worked out.

cujo1969
10-11-2017, 11:49 AM
High Country Chev in high river good place to go. Bought last couple trucks from them.

Husty
10-11-2017, 12:28 PM
My old man just traded in his old 3/4 in taber chev for 20g, lethbridge dealerships were only offering him 14g!

ChickakooKookoo
10-11-2017, 01:08 PM
Step One: Decide Exactly what you want.

Step Two: Do an E Mail Offer to every dealership within 200 Km with your Bottom Line Offer, inclusive of all the garbage upcharges, plus GST.

Step Three: When Mr. Chuckles calls, just say, "Are you accepting my Offer?" Its either yes or no.

The days of Dealership Loyalty are long over. It does not matter how nice some guy was in the past.

This is a one off transaction.

Drewski

This! With a slight change....

Get your financing pre-qualified with a bank, don't use the dealership finance people. And instead of emailing out with your lowball offer, instead send an email to every dealership in the province and make sure that all the dealerships know that every other dealership got the email, as in don't do a BCC or anything. Ask everyone to reply with their lowest price and tell them financing is already approved.

You should get some good offers and dealerships usually deliver free of charge.

TBark
10-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Buy one that’s 2-3 yrs old that sill under PT warranty.
Let someone else take the 40-50% hit on depreciation.

TBark

kinwahkly
10-11-2017, 10:23 PM
You're bank or line of credit won't compete with dealer finance. Try asking you're bank for 0 %.

Drewski Canuck
10-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Kinwalky,

Dealer List is 0 %. Fleet is 2 - 3 % over actual invoice after holdback.

If you go to the Dealer and meet with the Finance Manager and say "I want to pay near invoice and still get 0%" you will be laughed at.

You see, the 72 month financing charges at 6 - 8 % are buried in the Dealer List that you are going to pay.

If your Bank gives you 3 - 4 %, and you go in with a "cash deal", you will save yourself a lot of money when you find out you can get the vehicle for 8 - 10,000 less than Dealer List. If it is a high end vehicle, maybe $15,000 less.

Make a low ball offer and see who responds, that's all.

Now if your Credit Score is crap, just bend over and receive your 0%.

Drewski

Ranch11
10-12-2017, 08:42 AM
Not CMP in Calgary. After deciding on price WITH the options I wanted, came out to a very good price. But, when it came to sign the papers, the option package was added on top, increasing the price. I wonder how many people they catch.
After some “nice” discussion with the sales manager I walked out. Oh, and they threatened to keep my deposit.
Very poor experience

IL Bar
10-12-2017, 09:12 AM
My dealing with CMP was cash no trade. Very simple transaction. We made a deal on price and that is what it was. When I got into finance guys office it was very easy. He didn't beg me to buy any "extras" or to consider financing for a few months to "help" their credit rating. That's the crap the Wheaton guys try to pull.

I agree with the poster that says to see your bank about financing a vehicle ahead of time. You could probably save some money. The guys who think they are getting 0% need to sit down and figure out how much that 0% is really costing them. Figure out your cash discount and then finance rate at 3-4%. No cash discount with 0%.

The guy that says to buy a 2-3 year old vehicle instead must not know what the used vehicle market is like right now. I used to buy 1 or 2 year old ones but they either don't exist or cost you nearly as much as a new one right now.

ChickakooKookoo
10-12-2017, 11:46 AM
O% financing at a dealership means 0% APR, "Above Prime Rate".

The devil is in the details.

shr970
10-12-2017, 06:40 PM
My dealing with CMP was cash no trade. Very simple transaction. We made a deal on price and that is what it was. When I got into finance guys office it was very easy. He didn't beg me to buy any "extras" or to consider financing for a few months to "help" their credit rating. That's the crap the Wheaton guys try to pull.

I agree with the poster that says to see your bank about financing a vehicle ahead of time. You could probably save some money. The guys who think they are getting 0% need to sit down and figure out how much that 0% is really costing them. Figure out your cash discount and then finance rate at 3-4%. No cash discount with 0%.

The guy that says to buy a 2-3 year old vehicle instead must not know what the used vehicle market is like right now. I used to buy 1 or 2 year old ones but they either don't exist or cost you nearly as much as a new one right now.

Hit the nail on the head I've seen guys asking for used vehicles the same price as new or close enough to new with over 100k on them. No more incentive to buy used and will still need to take a loan to buy it. People in and around calgary have caught truck fever in the prices they think they will get for there used trucks.

sparky660
10-12-2017, 07:44 PM
Buy one that’s 2-3 yrs old that sill under PT warranty.

Let someone else take the 40-50% hit on depreciation.

TBark

I don't know. I paid $52 000 for my 2011 duramax and sold it privately for $41 000 this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk