PDA

View Full Version : I hunter question

Roderek
10-10-2017, 01:18 PM
This may be a dumb question, but I purchased the crown land maps on ihunter and it shows green areas that say within Green area Primarily Public Land, which I am assuming the crown land?

Looks like the little squares in a darker green represent grazing leases and have the contact info, so I just need to make sure green =crown.

dugh
10-10-2017, 02:08 PM
Sorry can't help, too old fashioned and still use paper maps. There is a post about landowner maps further down. They also show crown and crown leases, that might be a good way to check.
Doug

Andrzej
10-10-2017, 06:59 PM
This may be a dumb question, but I purchased the crown land maps on ihunter and it shows green areas that say within Green area Primarily Public Land, which I am assuming the crown land?

Looks like the little squares in a darker green represent grazing leases and have the contact info, so I just need to make sure green =crown.

This is correct.

Buckhorn2
10-11-2017, 12:49 AM
Unless I am misunderstanding you, there is no crown land map to buy. There is grazing lease public access overlay to buy $10 a year. These are light green. and when clicked or tapped on bring up contact information to get permission on grazing leases. You can buy county maps for different areas at $15+ each, these will show you where crown land is in that county, and the colors range from dark green to light green depending on whatever color the county chose. The crown areas will not have any info when clicked or tapped.

I have quite a few dollars tied up in county maps just so I can be sure im actually on crown land and not a grazing lease. I have had zero luck getting access to any grazing lease that i have tried. Always told no, or no phone calls returned, so I have been strictly hunting crown for the past 2-3 years.