PDA

View Full Version : They're here!

tikka250
10-10-2017, 02:25 PM
https://i.imgur.com/xpvwViQ.jpg

After buying some custom coyote calls last year and finding them way superior to production calls I figured given the amount of bird hunting I do I should bite the bullet and get some custom waterfowl calls as well and HOLY CRAP are these things beautiful. Speck call is bocote and African blackwood and the Canada is maple burl. I'm thinking I may need an alder burl duck call now. that funny bright colored zink just looks like junk on my lanyard next to these 2.

Stinky Buffalo
10-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Those are gorgeous!

I'll bet they sound as great as they look.

They leave awful scratches on your truck, though... :scared0018:

pikergolf
10-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Do you have a photo of those custom coyote calls?

tikka250
10-10-2017, 07:41 PM
Those are gorgeous!

I'll bet they sound as great as they look.

They leave awful scratches on your truck, though... :scared0018:

they sound awesome! and loud as well. i could call to migrators with that speck call if i wanted to.

as for the scratches thats my old commuter car/scouting vehicle and it has lived a hard life. if you think those scratches are bad you should see where it went through the barbed wire fence haha

tikka250
10-10-2017, 07:44 PM
Do you have a photo of those custom coyote calls?

not at the moment they are buried in the rest of my coyote hunting stuff. i bought a set of carver predator calls. i kinda cheaped out and got the non wood versions so they are nowhere near as nice as these calls. rob lund makes some predator calls as well and his workmanship shows so i may buy a pretty one from him.

Fur
10-10-2017, 08:04 PM
Wow. Looks like something I would display on my mantel!

Justfishin73
10-10-2017, 08:22 PM
Im scared to ask how much $

tikka250
10-10-2017, 11:33 PM
Im scared to ask how much $

thats the best part! he makes em for only $120USD :sHa_shakeshout: figured whats the point buying a new zink or field proven with all the bright colors and plastic when i can get a sweet classy looking (and sounding) wood one for less!

catnthehat
10-10-2017, 11:43 PM
thats the best part! he makes em for only $120USD :sHa_shakeshout: figured whats the point buying a new zink or field proven with all the bright colors and plastic when i can get a sweet classy looking (and sounding) wood one for less!

That's the biggest thing about custom wood calls
They may not work any better than a commercially made call but they are super nice to own and use!
Cat

Bonescreek
10-11-2017, 03:28 AM
Some things are better left undone.
Some things need a bit of work.

Bonescreek
10-11-2017, 03:40 AM
I have an L.M.Dickson duck call that still "quacks".
To this very day.

Bonescreek
10-11-2017, 03:45 AM
It's plastic, yea I know.
I use it to call in the wife for dinner.
Ducks not so much anymore.

Justfishin73
10-11-2017, 07:12 AM

Huh, no kidding. Christmas is coming....