PDA

View Full Version : Elk in 316/318

offroaderTodd
10-11-2017, 06:09 AM
Thinking of coming down west of Sundrie for a few days, trying my luck again for late season elk, anyone had some good luck, 5 hrs drive is along time to just come and look at the trees, we have them up in Cold Lake too, just not elk.
Any advise is appreaciated. :sHa_shakeshout:

1stLand
10-11-2017, 10:31 AM
Thinking of coming down west of Sundrie for a few days, trying my luck again for late season elk, anyone had some good luck, 5 hrs drive is along time to just come and look at the trees, we have them up in Cold Lake too, just not elk.
Any advise is appreaciated. :sHa_shakeshout:

I wish I knew where they were in that WMU, then I would go out myself!

People spend hundreds of dollars in gas and dozens of hours hiking in hard bush to find these critters.

Check out last years harvest reports for an idea how many have been shot in those WMU's

buck403
10-11-2017, 06:04 PM
I was out there last week, every km had a truck parked all hunters by looking at the decals. Busy with people. Not many elk and the ones I have seen for bulls aren't legal. Usually soon as they turn to a five point they are dead quick.

slabm7
10-11-2017, 06:43 PM
A couple weeks ago a buddy and I walked about 7 miles in off the road and saw elk sign by a clearing, it was clear they had been there but it wasn't where they stay, they were just passing through. I've got a few spots that I've seen them but they get alot of pressure and tend to stay on the move.