PDA

View Full Version : iPhone users, Don't update you're IHunter APP!

TimeOff
10-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Just did mine on my 6s, will open provincial map then crash. In contact with tech support right now. They are working on it. Until then hold off if you still want to be able to use IHunter!

TimeOff
10-11-2017, 11:49 AM
Just got an update, should be resolved tomorrow.

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah this confirms that there are a number of people with the same issue. We think it has to do with the cache. We'll get this fixed up ASAP and hopefully submit the fix to Apple today.

Chad McElhinney
www.ihunterapp.com
Twitter / Instagram: @ihunterapp

ceadog
10-11-2017, 12:39 PM
Thankfully mine doesn't seem to be crashing but I should know better than to update things the day before I head out for a hunting trip.

Slicktricker
10-11-2017, 12:52 PM
Mines working fine after update

Hunter4ever12
10-11-2017, 08:06 PM
No issues here either.

KBF
10-11-2017, 08:09 PM
Im not very techy. i recently upgraded to an SE iphone from my 4s. The 4s has my ihunter app. How can I get the app on my new phone without being charged again for the download?

Bassett
10-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Im not very techy. i recently upgraded to an SE iphone from my 4s. The 4s has my ihunter app. How can I get the app on my new phone without being charged again for the download?

Assuming you purchased it through your Apple ID, log into your App Store with the same Apple ID on the new phone and download it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBF
10-11-2017, 08:19 PM
Assuming you purchased it through your Apple ID, log into your App Store with the same Apple ID on the new phone and download it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds too easy. will give it a shot. Thanks

Scottmisfits
10-11-2017, 08:26 PM
Just tried it again and mine keeps kicking me out and shutting down too.

bowhunter9841
10-11-2017, 09:23 PM
I tried it once since I read this thread, and it seems to be working ok as of the first attempt. It must have auto updated, cause the other day when I looked at it, it was still just Alberta, none of the other provinces or states were on there.

ArgoHDI
10-11-2017, 10:10 PM
I'm also using a 6S. Updated the app earlier today with no issues. Working fine.

West O'5
10-11-2017, 11:36 PM
I'm also using a 6S. Updated the app earlier today with no issues. Working fine.

6S here as well,updated a few weeks ago,works fine,is there another new update since then?

LaHo
10-12-2017, 02:56 AM
Work fine no issue

Bisch
10-12-2017, 07:51 AM
Mine is good too. Perhaps it’s just the type or amount of cache. Hopefully the update will fix it up for you.

Pasc43
10-12-2017, 08:29 AM
Had the same issue on android a week or so ago. The issue was with the new login feature. So maybe that's why some are having issues and others not, if you signed in with an account that may be the problem. Clear the cache/app data or uninstall/reinstall and it will log you out. You can then run the app signed out until they get a fix. Worked for me at least.

Scottmisfits
10-12-2017, 08:47 AM
The fix should be out today. According to the developers Apple has the update, it just needs approval before release.

ResidentSpokesman
10-12-2017, 08:59 AM
That app is a great way to share your favourite spots with the guy who owns it and his buddies lol. I know a couple of them and avoid it for exactly that reason.

wildwoods
10-12-2017, 09:11 AM
Mine is working perfectly on the iPhone 6

Mr. Dynamite
10-12-2017, 09:36 AM
Thankfully I stopped doing Apple updates 3 years ago

Mateo
10-12-2017, 09:50 AM
That app is a great way to share your favourite spots with the guy who owns it and his buddies lol. I know a couple of them and avoid it for exactly that reason.
You type this up while wearing your tinfoil hat? You need the hat or they will just get in your head and steal your favourite hunting spots that way anyway! :snapoutofit:

TimeOff
10-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Well I ended up re-installing the App but lost all my waypoints. Had to restore my iPhone with an older backup, now Ihunter works for me with my waypoints. Maybe my phone storage corrupted the App somehow? Resetting phone cleaned up the Data?

Bellero
10-12-2017, 12:21 PM
I wish I had seen this thread before updating my phone.

wildwoods
10-12-2017, 05:28 PM
Mine was working fine and now wants to crash right after opening. Glad I back up my waypoints on the other phone...

wildwoods
10-12-2017, 06:35 PM
UPDATE FROM IHUNTER:
We are aware of the issue affecting some users with yesterday's release. We have submitted a new build which we believe fixes the crash, and are awaiting Apple to approve it. Sorry for any inconvenience, and hope to have you back up and running ASAP.

Don't uninstall/reinstall, as unless you are logged into iHunter, you would lose your waypoints. We are doing everything we can, but our hands are tied as Apple takes anywhere from 1 to 7 days to approve a release.

markmac
10-12-2017, 08:15 PM
Just talked to the developer Mark. Looks like the next version has been approved by Apple, and hopefully fixes the issue. He asked that anyone that was seeing the crash try the update, and email him at info@ihunterapp.com to report whether the crash is fixed, or still occurring.

wildwoods
10-12-2017, 08:35 PM
Just talked to the developer Mark. Looks like the next version has been approved by Apple, and hopefully fixes the issue. He asked that anyone that was seeing the crash try the update, and email him at info@ihunterapp.com to report whether the crash is fixed, or still occurring.

The update is working perfectly. Good job guys