PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going to AFRICA!!!!!!

nube
01-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Thought that this wouldn't happen till later in life but I have a good price for one of the better outfitters and a bunch of friends to go with so I thought I wouldn't pass it up. I'm going in June along with a couple guys on this board so we should have some good pictures for you. We still have room for one more in the group to make 8. It is not as bad for price as you would think. I'm getting pretty excited.

Jamie Hunt
01-08-2007, 01:27 AM
Nube, could you post more info??
Congrats on the hunt.

Jamie

TBark
01-08-2007, 01:34 AM
Wow, good for you Phil.
I must go some day too.

TBark

willy
01-08-2007, 02:07 AM
Do you have the details and costs?

sheep hunter
01-08-2007, 02:28 AM
What country are you going to? What will you be hunting?

nube
01-08-2007, 03:59 AM
Here is the web site. I am doing the 10 day plains game package with some minor tweeks for adding or subtracting what I want. My friend has talked to this guy for many years now and found this guy to be the best for our needs. He says that 80 % of the animals he harvests are book animals.

Duk Dog
01-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Do you have a web link?

nube
01-08-2007, 09:56 AM
sorry I forgot to put it in.
www.luccasafaris.com/ (http://www.luccasafaris.com/)

Cowboy Al
01-08-2007, 12:26 PM
Congrats, I hope you have a great time. Do those package prices include taxidermy? (It looks to me like they do if so that $ is very reasonable) That plains game package looks good to me, maybe someday......

Cowboy Al
01-08-2007, 12:30 PM
The more I look at the "package" page I think that at the bottom the one side says "Include" I think the other side should say "Exclude", if not that is a smokin good deal. Taxidermy alone on animals taken would run into the thou$and$

sheep hunter
01-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Ya, the other side should say exclude for sure but still looks like some good prices.

Jamie Hunt
01-08-2007, 01:17 PM
I think the Taxi cost is why you see so many Horn mounts done in trophy rooms.
That is the conundrum I face. More $$ for a cape buff hunt, but less in the taxi department.
Just need to find that $$$ tree. Might have found it, but I will know more in the coming weeks.

Jamie

nube
01-08-2007, 04:06 PM
The price doesn not include taxidermy. I am just getting European mounts anyways. With taxidermy it gets way to expensive. I could find cheaper hunts but the animals won't be as goo of quality ad the outfitter may not be all that great to go with so for a few extra bucks I feel a little better. I really want to kill a couple warthogs. I don't know why but I like them for some reason. The Kudu is also top on my list with a Gemsbok a close second. I am also taking a couple trailcams for a waterhole or 2

bacon grease
01-08-2007, 05:48 PM
If you would like to talk to them face to face I'm sure they will be at the Edmonton sportsman show. They have been there the last 2 years and have been pleasant guys to visit with. They take some really nice animals. I'm tempted every year but haven't taken the plunge ... YET.

lethalconnection
01-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Wow their prices arent nearly as bad as i thought it would be. Now do each of you get a chance to kill one of each of those 6 animals listed or do you guys have to pick and choose between the guys that are going out there?

Well good luck and have and take lots of pics while your out there. Wish i could come but i know i will be waiting awhile untill i will beable to do something like that.

Suka
01-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Y0U LUCKY BUGGER! You are going to live all of our dreams. Relish every second!!! Wish you nothing but the best.

nube
01-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Lethalconnection- For that price I can shoot all six animals myself. I can also decide not to shoot some of them and apply the trophy fee to other animals I would want to hunt. There are dozens of different critters to shoot with all different prices. Warthogs are about $350 and Kudu are $1200. Porcupines are $100 just like a Baboon would be as well. Nyalas are around $2300 and I would love one but cost too much. That is the fun of it, you can shoot what you want just as long as when you get back you don't have to re mortgage the house to pay for it. I always thought it would be out of my price range but it ain't much more than a caribou hunt these days.

7 REM MAG
01-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Hey phil when did my dad "persuad" you into coming???? i cant wait!!! only like 6 months left!!! And yeah we have talked to the guy at the sportsman show for like the last 3 or 4 years and finally decided on him. ITS GONNA BE A BLAST!!!!
Top of my list is kudu and impala

jrs
01-08-2007, 10:27 PM
congrats on the hunt! Sounds awesome.

Rackmastr
01-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Have an awesome time man......been talking about going but house stuff has to come first I guess....lol

gunslinger
01-09-2007, 01:56 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d182/gunsligner/d8a16225.jpghttp://http://http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d182/gunsligner/mountainreedbuck1.jpgnube right on you will have a great time, i was there also and i shot alot of animals but the one thing i didnt get that i have to go back for is a gemsbuck.have a blast and make sure if there is something you want to hunt hunt it, becuase once your there its dirt cheap to hunt, its getting there is the expensive part....i had 4 animals done by karl human the well known africa taxidermist over there and to insure them and fly them home and have them mounted costed me 3200$.http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d182/gunsligner/mykudu.jpg,,goodluck nube and enjoy your 17 hour plane ride.:lol

grandzillaa
01-10-2007, 02:31 AM
Have fun and have a good trip. I guess this is a dream hunt come true. Still 5 months away, boy you must be bubbleing with joy.:)

7 REM MAG
01-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Hey nube what are you planning on shooting (loads and calibre) ???

nube
01-11-2007, 08:04 PM
I'm taking the 7mm Stw and probably should load some 165gr tsx

Jamie Hunt
01-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Nube, let me know if you need to borrow a Hard case for your gun. I have a double with wheels that I bought for that Caribou trip.

Jamie

cmfic1
01-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Congrats nube.....lend me some $$$$ & I will take the last spot!

7 REM MAG
01-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Wow rod if you came i think too many critters would " bite the dust" to be legal lol :lol

nube
01-11-2007, 11:48 PM
How much do you need Rod? I'll tell you what , I'll pay for your trip to Africa and you pay for my Brown bear hunt and take me along with you this year when you go. How's that for a deal?
Jamie (7rem) I am going to shoot the Gemsbuck, Kudu, Impala , Warthog or 2, Blesbuck, Blue wildebeast and a porcupine, Jackal, Maybe a waterbuck and who knows what else. It may be tempting to tackle the Elephant but I think I better not.
Jamie Hunt- thanks for the offer on the gun case. I have a Blaser case that is the size of a briefcase and Imy gun brakes down for it. I think you should just come with me. It would cost about the same as you bou hunt or a little more but It would be alot more fun

gunner 83
01-12-2007, 02:11 AM
Jamie I vote you go!!!!! just do it man, live life with no regrets :smokin :smokin :eek

(just to add fuel to the fire)

Jamie Hunt
01-12-2007, 02:12 AM
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Great now you 2 have me looking at Airline costs.

So I am seeing $2,800 or so for Coach and $12,000 for Biz class. My they dont mind chargeing do they?
By my calculations this is at least a $12,000 hunt

$7,800 Can for the hunt
$2,800 for the flight
$1,400 Misc

Are you guys getting better prices than this? Feel free to PM me if you want

Jamie

Jamie Hunt
01-12-2007, 03:06 AM
Nube.. Dont tease me!!!
I would love to, but I really want to concentrate on the BIZ for the next year or so. Once I get that up and running then the world will be my Oyster.

I want to take my wife on a Africa trip for our 40th B-Days.
Just not sure what to do with the kids for that long of a time. I think they are too young to appreciate what Africa has to offer.

What do you think you total cost will be Nube? Not including Taxi stuff.

Jamie

nube
01-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Yes it is way better than that for price. I will PM you. The prices are only going to go up and with the way AFrica hunting is going it has only just begun. I imagine the prices will go way up from here. That is one of the reasons why I chose now and the other I will explain to you in the PM

WONKA
01-13-2007, 09:03 PM
Hey guys, just to let everyone know, our annual pheasants forever banquet is coming up again (march). This year we have landed an african safari, 5 animals, port elizabeth, for a hunter and observer, good chance the observer could up grade to a hunter, LIVE auction item. With seating limited to 200, it could be a good bargain for someone.

Aqr8
03-01-2017, 11:59 PM
Don't know if you're up for it, seen a few videos on baboon hunting.
They're considered pests and some farmers would love to have them eradicated....and you can use silencer.
I'm South African and looking to head back there this year and do this.
Price is really cheap, $100 for a day hunt and shoot as many as you can, they're fast. Or, if you meet the right people, you can shoot for free.

catnthehat
03-02-2017, 07:01 AM
Don't know if you're up for it, seen a few videos on baboon hunting.
They're considered pests and some farmers would love to have them eradicated....and you can use silencer.
I'm South African and looking to head back there this year and do this.
Price is really cheap, $100 for a day hunt and shoot as many as you can, they're fast. Or, if you meet the right people, you can shoot for free.

Ummm, maybe check the date on the last post of this thread.
I may be wrong but I think Nube has been over twice since this thread was started
Cat

Hoopi
03-03-2017, 05:19 PM
Hi Nube: Enjoy the trip. My friend and I went with Lucca in 2012 and we really enjoyed ourselves.

We got to calling the guides Lucca's Leopards. They were great, friendly, great game spotters and strong (they hauled my buddies zebra from the bottom of a coulee...in the dark with out headlamps!)

Eldre is a good guide with good gear. PM if you need any tips

Hoopi