PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here a Ford Sales person in Edmonton?

Lefty-Canuck
10-12-2017, 07:16 PM
Hey all,

Might be in the market for a truck, any AO members Ford sales folks in Edmonton area?

Any dealership recommendations?

LC

tirebob
10-12-2017, 07:23 PM
Just bought a new F150 XLT Sport last night from my neighbour who sells for Northstar Ford in Cochrane. Not edmonton I know but he saved me 5k over and above what every other dealership in Calgary would sell me the exact same model with the same options for, even afternthe 8k incentive from ford. 55k sticker then 8k from for then an extra 5k from there. Ended up coming in at $40123.00 plus tax. Worth the drive maybe!

Weedy1
10-12-2017, 07:37 PM
Hey all,
Anyone here a Ford Sales person in Edmonton?
LC

This question wouldn't happen to be part of a new AO Forum I.Q. test?

Lefty-Canuck
10-12-2017, 07:41 PM
This question wouldn't happen to be part of a new AO Forum I.Q. test?

Easy now :)

This wasn't a alberta hunting regulation question!

LC

Popik
10-12-2017, 08:06 PM
I just got myself a 17 superduty from DK. Had a great experience. Can refer you to the sales guy i dealt with if you want

SlightlyDistracting
10-12-2017, 08:18 PM
I fix aluminum Fords for a living. Id NEVER buy one

Lefty-Canuck
10-12-2017, 08:23 PM

Which brand would you purchase?

LC

Lefty-Canuck
10-12-2017, 08:23 PM
I just got myself a 17 superduty from DK. Had a great experience. Can refer you to the sales guy i dealt with if you want

Sure, drop me a PM.

LC

Smokinyotes
10-12-2017, 08:27 PM
If it were my money i would be looking at a new Chev pickup from competition in Stony plain.

SlightlyDistracting
10-12-2017, 08:37 PM
In my humble opinion I would buy a Chev
I work mostly on Ford, but in my opinion Chev makes the best pickup. Domestic anyway.
Once again its only my opinion but the fit and finish on new aluminum f150s is far inferior to Chev.
I personally have more than once replaced boxsides on BRAND new truckks due to cracked aluminum. Ive fixed deer hits that literally wipped off the front end.
They are popcans.

In my humble opinion

Kristopher10
10-12-2017, 08:38 PM
If it were my money i would be looking at a new Chev pickup from competition in Stony plain.

I think this is great advice.

That said, when I was shopping around I looked at all of them. I would avoid the aluminum body, at the time I was looking there were very few body shops that would work on them and repairs were on average double from the guys I spoke with. I wasn't pleased with Sherwood Ford's sales or service (work vehicle is a Ford), and didn't have great luck with service at Koch either, can't comment on the sales side though. I have found the service department at Freedom to be pretty good to deal with.

A good friend of mine swears by Rodney's service at Vegreville Ford, might be worth a phone call.

SlightlyDistracting
10-12-2017, 08:40 PM
The poop I had to do to BRAND new vehicles (ford) often before they were sold to customers was pathetic. Mustangs and Edges were the worst.
I just think the better product is a Chev

fordtruckin
10-12-2017, 08:45 PM

Congrats, this post offers nothing but a conclusion based on personal opinion with absolutely no factual information to back it up. For all we know you just suck at working with aluminum and that is why you don't like them.:scared0018:

SlightlyDistracting
10-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Congrats, this post offers nothing but a conclusion based on personal opinion with absolutely no factual information to back it up. For all we know you just suck at working with aluminum and that is why you don't like them.:scared0018:

Actually aluminum is pretty easy to work with. Its waiting three months for parts that makes efficient repairs difficult. I stated numerous times that it was my opinion, and everything I stated was truthful and come down to it can be proven.

Slicktricker
10-12-2017, 08:50 PM
I can name a lot of guys who own the new fords and not one bad thing to say about them :)

Esox
10-12-2017, 09:02 PM
Not in Edmonton but go to Vegreville Ford and ask for Rodney in sales. Just bought a 2017 f350 from him and this is my families 4th vehicle through him in the past 4 years. We also bought my wifes F150 from him 1.5 years ago from him. We travel from Calgary to buy from them. Have never been treated better by a salesman and dealership

brslk
10-12-2017, 09:04 PM
I dunno bout the rest of you but when I buy a vehicle, the last thing on my mind is "how easy or expensive is it going to be to repair the body if it gets wrecked".

For one, I've owned a lot of vehicles and gotten into very few accidents. I try not to smash it up.

Secondly, I don't care how much it costs to fix or how difficult it is. It's a new vehicle. I have insurance.

I'm much more concerned about the mechanical aspects of it than the body.
People have been driving Fiberglass, Aluminum and Plastic bodied cars for a long time without issue.

Having said that. I'd buy a Dodge. I just like the mirrors.

Norwest Alta
10-12-2017, 09:08 PM
Can't help you with a sales person but after talking to the tow truck driver that towed my wife's truck, dodge is the one to be in if you're in a collision. Pretty impressive that she walked away thankfully.

sourdough doug
10-12-2017, 09:11 PM
Hey LC,. Give Paul a call at Westlock Ford and tell him I sent you.
For additional info on other vehicles...they are all going AL.
Ford is just one step ahead ..

fordtruckin
10-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Actually aluminum is pretty easy to work with. Its waiting three months for parts that makes efficient repairs difficult. I stated numerous times that it was my opinion, and everything I stated was truthful and come down to it can be proven.

Ahh, you posted your experience while I was writing my initial response so I stand corrected and apologize good sir!

EZM
10-12-2017, 09:41 PM
Hey LC,. Give Paul a call at Westlock Ford and tell him I sent you.
For additional info on other vehicles...they are all going AL.
Ford is just one step ahead ..

My 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 had an Aluminium frame.

I believe Ford came out in 2016 with the Aluminium frame.

If I'm not mistaken, GMC came out with it first.

Since I drive a ton of miles, I trade in every 18-20 months (mileage and allowance pays the difference for me and take the sting right off of me) and I'm now driving a 2017 Ford f-150. It's also a Aluminium frame.

I have to tell you, in my sincere opinion, I'd get a GMC. They ride better, are far more comfortable and have less issues to deal with.

Also, and I know some will think this is petty, but it's something you use everyday, things like USB ports, the Nav system, the trays/cubbies and storage and even the cup holders are so much better in the GMC.

My cup holder in the ford drives me nuts. I get a Starbucks every morning and I have to sleeve it with a wash cloth thing so it sits snugly and doesn't wobble and spill all over the change tray and stuff.

I know, I know, first world problems, but seriously annoying.

Mechanically, I typically reach 100 k and flip the vehicles and all of them have had a few routine issues. So Far the ford has had more electrical annoyances and other weird stuff (all under warranty) but no big deal.

chedder
10-12-2017, 09:45 PM
There are no aluminum frames. Ford has an aluminum body and gm appears to be going that way. All trucks have steel frames.

HunterDave
10-12-2017, 10:28 PM
I bought a '17 F150 with 3.5L ecoboost from Sherwood Ford a few months ago. It was fast, easy and no hassles. They have a great site (with prices) to shop on. There were a couple of websites that I used to figure out the mark up, etc that really helped me out with making a "take it or I'll go shopping" offer. I can't remember what they were though. I did my homework, knew what I wanted and how much I'd pay, so I avoided the dealing meat grinder.

Xiph0id
10-12-2017, 10:32 PM

Purchased my superduty there as well.

Any dealership in Edmonton I've dealt with in the past was super sketchy.

DK, was decent in my opinion.

338Bluff
10-12-2017, 10:57 PM
On my second Ford in 6 years. First one had nothing but trouble with rear diff. The new one has a different rear end in it and has been ok mechanically but oh my gosh the small stuff is literally falling apart. Heater fan motor, tailgate lock, back up sensors etc. All small but thousands to fix it. Going down the road as soon as the last payment goes through. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

Claymaker
10-13-2017, 12:52 AM
go buy a toyota tundra and have a great truck, hold its value and minimal issues next twenty years you drive it

Buckhorn2
10-13-2017, 03:50 AM
I have a 2015 F150 xlt, 5 litre, bought it new. It washboards like no other ford ive owned, or other brand of truck ive seen. On dirt roads it is to the point of being dangerous with the ass end kicking out, even at 20km/hr. I do alot of driving on the trunk/lease roads. I have owned just about every generation of f150 except the 04-08. And none of them have washboarded like this one. I will be trading in in january and i am considering other brands of trucks. Not sure how much off pavement driving you do? Other then the washboarding the truck has been great. Good on gas, zero repairs so far in 69k.

Kim473
10-13-2017, 06:52 AM
Always had good luck and no hassles buying from Waterloo and Kentwood ford dealerships. They both have gone the extra mile for me in the past.

Prdtrgttr
10-13-2017, 07:02 AM
Lefty, what others have said. Get the Silverado.

Newellknik
10-13-2017, 07:04 AM
I can't believe I totally agree with EZM .
I'm on my 15 th new Ford truck won't have another .
Main reason is Ford is just a nickel dime company .
Bad warranty and customer service .
My best fishing buddy has a New Titan ....nice truck .
Good mileage ..

If your stuck on Ford , check pricing with Advantage Ford
in Calgary ....I know two Edmontonians who got their Fords
there ...best price by $1000.s

Positrac
10-13-2017, 08:09 AM
I have a 2015 F150 xlt, 5 litre, bought it new. It washboards like no other ford ive owned, or other brand of truck ive seen. On dirt roads it is to the point of being dangerous with the ass end kicking out, even at 20km/hr. I do alot of driving on the trunk/lease roads. I have owned just about every generation of f150 except the 04-08. And none of them have washboarded like this one. I will be trading in in january and i am considering other brands of trucks. Not sure how much off pavement driving you do? Other then the washboarding the truck has been great. Good on gas, zero repairs so far in 69k.

I concur Bucky.

I drive a 2017 F150 at work and it is almost unmanagible on any washboard when empty.

tacomama
10-13-2017, 08:28 AM
go buy a toyota tundra and have a great truck, hold its value and minimal issues next twenty years you drive it

^This.

Albertadiver
10-13-2017, 08:32 AM
Bought my F150 over the phone with a dealership in Yellowknife early this spring. They got me a handful more options for the truck I wanted for the same price as a dealer I was talking to in Pincher Creek. Both dealers had great prices and were very fair. I ended up going the Yellowknife route, and the truck was still en route to the North, so I picked it up in Red Deer. Worked great.

I found ALL the Calgary dealerships not wanting to deal. Even after buying two vehicles at one dealership in Calgary, my previous sales guy had moved on, and the other sales person I was put in touch with couldn't be bothered to try to make a deal. He just tried to convince me to lease, which I didn't want.

Happy to put you in touch with Pincher Creek or Yellowknife. Just send me a pm if interested.

Edit: After reading all the ford bashing, I would say that I'm still happy with my 2017F150 Sport. Tows great, and love it going down the highway.

My father has a 2016 2500HD chevy. It is also a great truck, but it's like comparing apples and oranges. Two totally different vehicles. I would be happy to drive his chevy, but for me working downtown calgary, I can't justify going to a 3/4 ton, although that might be my next change in the future.

The chevy's are nice, but I'm happy with my F150. The interior cab with the Fx4 centre console has huge storage, and I don't have the issues with the cupholders as noted. I've got two AC power outlets, plus several USB ports. The nav system works great, and I can always use the Apple car play NAV as well. I've never liked the onstar that the chevy's have, but that's a personal opinion.

I do notice that the back end is much lighter than my steel model 2010. I do put some sandbags in the back in winter, and that seems to work well. I do hate the stock hankook lower profile tires. I'll be swapping them out as soon as I can afford to some duratracs.

Anyhow, just my .2 cents. I was ALWAYS a chevy/GM guy as was my family. No issues with my Ford.

ChickakooKookoo
10-13-2017, 08:51 AM
Lol so is anyone actually going to answer the posters question?

Albertadiver
10-13-2017, 09:04 AM

Why would we do that?? This is AO! :sHa_shakeshout:

ROA
10-13-2017, 09:24 AM
Check Sherwood fords website. Last ford I bought was from them on the website under specials. There was some good factory rebates at the time plus the dealer had reduced below anyone else and I did not even have to haggle just phoned them, asked for an email with the quote in writing went there and payed for the truck. No games no bs. Had to listen to the normal extra warranty sales pitch every one gives but other than that it was painless and best deal I found by far

Mistagin
10-13-2017, 01:10 PM
I have a 2016 F-150 and love it so far (18,000 kms now); it replaced a 2012. Good mileage (3.5 ecoboost, and lots of power for towing the RV trailer or car hauler trailer.) It's true that the back end is light and it will dance to the washboard effect. But I built a large storage box for the back - a combo storage box and canoe rack, and even that bit of weight helps; I'll probably throw a couple of sand bags in the back for winter, put 'em just in front of the tailgate, and it'll be good to go :).

On bumpy roads I just switch it into 4 high and drive accordingly.

I bought it at Northstar, Ft. McMurray.

darren32
10-13-2017, 02:53 PM

Doesn't look like it so I will chime in .....

Definitely get a FORD, we have had some of our most memorable family vacations in ours :)

mooseknuckle
10-13-2017, 03:15 PM

Definitely get a FORD, we have had some of our most memorable family vacations in ours :)

LOL. That's awesome!!

rembo
10-13-2017, 05:29 PM
I'd buy a GM,...just because that's what I'm used to.

https://imgur.com/gallery/vALAS

crazy_davey
10-13-2017, 05:45 PM

Hilarious!!! Your pic tells it all :)

Don_Parsons
10-13-2017, 05:50 PM
I'd buy a Ox and Cart.

Dint and rust proof, no fuel required, all wheel drive, warm and koozy in the winter,,, the Ox that is.

Easy to live life in the slow lane, and relaxing on Sunday after noon drives after church,,, Walmart if your a Sunday shopper.

Free auto parking since a Ox is not classed as a car or truck, and you can use the side walk since Ox'en spend alot of time doing that.

Another plus is you won't have to cut your lawn, or fertilize,,, your nabours won't bother you when when he gets into the 3800 lb range.

Yuppers, best bag for the buck, and built on a proven classy.

There ain't no Ford, Chev, or Dodge out there that can push it out of the way either. Ha.

I heard they come with limited warranty, no big deal since how many people do you know that has ever had one brake down.

Don

EZM
10-13-2017, 06:57 PM

And set a new precedence?

Come on ...... lol

EZM
10-13-2017, 07:04 PM
There are no aluminum frames. Ford has an aluminum body and gm appears to be going that way. All trucks have steel frames.

I stand corrected - just looked it up because I specifically remember having to buy and specify aluminium versus steel when I did my lift kit on my 2015 GMC Sierra 1500. Looks like the steering and control arms were aluminium.

EZM
10-13-2017, 07:09 PM
I can't believe I totally agree with EZM .

Even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut !!!!

:sHa_shakeshout:

We should both go buy a lottery ticket tonight !!!!

We could split the winnings - after all, what else are two rich guys going to do the rest of their days? we can meet for coffee every second Wednesday and argue !!!

:fighting0074:

Glion
10-13-2017, 07:21 PM
Paul in westlock is great... ps same owner own dodge and ford dealer says he wont touch the dodges. Towing I take ford citybdriving GM

rmatei
10-14-2017, 09:41 AM
All the dealerships are the same, you have to know what you want and what you will pay. On cash purchases, trucks 30% off of MSRP all included is where to start. You should check inventory to find the vehicle you want on the lot. Make sure to review the window sticker to ensure that your getting all the options you want and few of those you don't. Example searched on line, found vehicle I was interested in, sent in an offer, was told no. Three days later they called back and accepted. Bought my FX4 the same way. Bought a MX-5 for the wife same way except walked into the dealership saw the car made the offer (30% off msrp), they did the talking, I did the walking out. Two days later got the call with acceptance of the original offer. Right now with the model year change over 30% off all included is doable. Hold your ground!

JBE
10-14-2017, 04:38 PM
All the dealerships are the same, you have to know what you want and what you will pay. On cash purchases, trucks 30% off of MSRP all included is where to start. You should check inventory to find the vehicle you want on the lot. Make sure to review the window sticker to ensure that your getting all the options you want and few of those you don't. Example searched on line, found vehicle I was interested in, sent in an offer, was told no. Three days later they called back and accepted. Bought my FX4 the same way. Bought a MX-5 for the wife same way except walked into the dealership saw the car made the offer (30% off msrp), they did the talking, I did the walking out. Two days later got the call with acceptance of the original offer. Right now with the model year change over 30% off all included is doable. Hold your ground!

this

Lefty-Canuck
11-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Thanks for the tips all.

Ended up going to Sherwood Ford and bought the truck through the fleet guy who had supplied me with 18 years of company cars LOL.

Can't believe I didn't think of talking to him sooner.

Ended up getting a 2017 F-150 XLT with the 5L V8 engine loaded up nicely. Really like the truck and so does the wife, so that's a bonus too.

LC

HyperMOA
11-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the tips all.

Ended up going to Sherwood Ford and bought the truck through the fleet guy who had supplied me with 18 years of company cars LOL.

Can't believe I didn't think of talking to him sooner.

Ended up getting a 2017 F-150 XLT with the 5L V8 engine loaded up nicely. Really like the truck and so does the wife, so that's a bonus too.

LC

Did you get "X-Plan" pricing? Just curious what the fleet guy did for you.