PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Hunting Gloves

koolaid39
10-13-2017, 03:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm in the market for some new hunting gloves. My hands tend to get pretty chilly and I was wondering what you guys have found to be your favorite gloves for keeping your hands toasty and dry when you are out in the bush in our lovely November weather.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

charves
10-13-2017, 04:01 PM
I tend to use long length tanned leather mitts with the fluffy insides and just pull it off when I need to pull the trigger.

DisplacedCaper
10-13-2017, 04:08 PM
I suffer from cold fingers as well, read a number of these glove posts over the years but never took their advice lol.
I found a pair of Columbia reflective technology gloves for $40 at WSS a few years back and now swear by them, having since picked up a second set as back ups. Thin enough to put my finger on the trigger with ease and they keep my hands warm, great grip too. I hike a lot too, so I wear those and keep a pair of skidoo mitts in my pack (can’t remember what brand, but just big and fluffy inside like charves said). I put those on with a pocket warmer in them when sitting for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LJalberta
10-13-2017, 05:11 PM
If I'm going to be sitting somewhere I always bring a pair of down mitts I bought at Costco a few years back with the light cotton gloves underneath for pulling the trigger. Unbelievably toasty. If I'm hiking/busting bush, I'll wear either snowboarding gloves, or a pair of Mechanix gloves depending on the temperature.

Smokinyotes
10-13-2017, 05:55 PM
I must have really poor circulation. I cant wear gloves if its cold. I generally put hot shots inside thick leather mitts with a liner.

katts69
10-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Firstlite grizzly glove. Or the kuiu Yukon pro

FinnDawg
10-13-2017, 08:37 PM
For really cold weather I find mitts work better than gloves. I would buy from a reputable outdoor company like outdoor research.

Attilathecanuk
10-13-2017, 09:35 PM
Princess auto ‘Mechanix’ gloves

Jamie
10-14-2017, 05:38 PM
I as well suffer from being cold. I HATE IT!! Long johns at 5C and below. Baclava is the wind is blowing. My trick is this.
Large glove with a second thin set inside.
OR Mitt's with a thin set.
Years ago I found a set of gloves like that at Canadian tire. Lost the right one (Of course) but have used the same system for years now.

Good luck and those hand warmers help.

Jamie

Pasc43
10-15-2017, 05:28 PM
Buck skin chopper mitts

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk