PDA

View Full Version : Spots to Bow hunt near Edmonton

Ethan1454
10-13-2017, 07:03 PM
Hi all , looking for some spots close by to Edmonton that are good for white tail and mule deer bow hunting . Been checking out some crown lands nearby (ministik and a few others around that area ) all I seem to see are moose which I don't have a tag for this year lol any good spots that aren't a crazy drive would be greatly appreciated thanks 🖒

Slicktricker
10-13-2017, 08:11 PM
Edmonton bow zone

3blade
10-13-2017, 08:34 PM
For perspective: I grew up here, in the country, and it took me 3 weeks to find one quarter to hunt on. Some guys are a legit 0 for >400 asks. Most properties have had the same hunters for years, and outfitters/certain TV personalities drive around offering farmers cash for access. That's what you are facing. No one, and I mean no one, is going to give you a spot online in what is probably the most competitive hunting area in Alberta.

Two options: one - get a landowner map, start driving and knocking on doors, and hope you get very lucky.
Two - drive 1 hr in any direction and do the same. You will likely find a place and be hunting in a day or two. Set your alarm 1 hr early and accept the drive as part of it.

Ethan1454
10-13-2017, 10:25 PM
For perspective: I grew up here, in the country, and it took me 3 weeks to find one quarter to hunt on. Some guys are a legit 0 for >400 asks. Most properties have had the same hunters for years, and outfitters/certain TV personalities drive around offering farmers cash for access. That's what you are facing. No one, and I mean no one, is going to give you a spot online in what is probably the most competitive hunting area in Alberta.

Two options: one - get a landowner map, start driving and knocking on doors, and hope you get very lucky.
Two - drive 1 hr in any direction and do the same. You will likely find a place and be hunting in a day or two. Set your alarm 1 hr early and accept the drive as part of it.

Fair enough,I moved here from Ontario so just trying to get a feel for any spots under 3h drive. Was thinking of checking out Genesee natural area and some crown near buck lake . Any luck in either of those areas ?

kujoseto
10-13-2017, 10:54 PM
Go try them out and see for yourself on the luck. But every time you post a location on here, you can expect more people to show up and less luck. FYI

Passthru
10-14-2017, 05:40 AM

This. Very, very hard to get permission. You pretty well need to know somebody