PDA

View Full Version : Banded birds.

trigger7mm
10-15-2017, 09:31 PM
Just wondering if anybody has gotten any banded waterfowl this year. We used to get a couple each fall. We even got 3 speckle bellies with neck bands one morning. But lately, the last 3 or 4 years, we haven't gotten any bands at all. Haven't even heard of anybody in our area getting any. Is the Canadian Wildlife Service doing any banding anymore?

Brassy16
10-16-2017, 01:31 AM
Just wondering if anybody has gotten any banded waterfowl this year. We used to get a couple each fall. We even got 3 speckle bellies with neck bands one morning. But lately, the last 3 or 4 years, we haven't gotten any bands at all. Haven't even heard of anybody in our area getting any. Is the Canadian Wildlife Service doing any banding anymore?

I do know that CWS still bands because I banded for them last summer in Saskatchewan. Banded a lot of ducks out there that August. I remembered them talking about the bandings in Alberta but nothing specific.

sns2
10-16-2017, 06:36 AM
I got one. Specklebelly that was banded in Nunavut.

223MB
10-16-2017, 07:02 AM
Out of the 200 or so birds we've dropped this year we have yet to get a band. Last year our first day out we got lucky and got two canadas both from Alaska.

Pixel Shooter
10-16-2017, 07:55 PM
11 bands this year with 8 being snows. We have good years and so so years. Shot a Snow with a white neck band last year. Kinda cool. In the number of years I've hunted have only shot 2 with neck bands

pintailslammer
10-16-2017, 09:38 PM
No bands for me this fall but I heard a local hunter shot a banded goose and it was suppose to have been banded in Russia?

Im waiting to see it,be interesting if it is

Pin

ABJB
10-24-2017, 11:19 AM
had a buddy get a snow goose this spring that was banded. called it in and banded in nunavut in 1998. making it 19 years old!

super mario
10-24-2017, 01:38 PM
3 for me

swifthunter
10-24-2017, 09:22 PM
No bands for me this fall but I heard a local hunter shot a banded goose and it was suppose to have been banded in Russia?

Im waiting to see it,be interesting if it is

Pin

Lots of the snow geese from Wrangell Island, Russia migrate through Alberta. I havent seen a band yet this fall but havent been out much. We got 6 bands this spring but thats when shooting all adult snows. They went from 3-13 years old