PDA

View Full Version : Gold Rush 2017

Kurt505
10-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Todd and Parker have a 100oz bet going.

If Freddy Dodge wasn't involved with Todd I'd say he was doomed, but even still I'm gonna say he's got a lot of work ahead of him.

Parker might be a bit overconfident though

slopeshunter
10-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Where’s Tod mining this year?

CritterCommander
10-17-2017, 07:35 PM
I put money on Parker...proven producer.... Todd not so much

Bigwoodsman
10-17-2017, 07:42 PM

I'm in agreement with your statement. However sooner or later Todd is going to beat young Parker. The shows made for entertainment and this 100 ounce bet is just that - entertainment.

BW

LSLAKER
10-17-2017, 07:45 PM
Don't believe anything that the actors have to say. The show is entirely scripted only to entertain and to make money for the producers. I watch the first 5 seconds and then switched channels.

Kurt505
10-17-2017, 07:49 PM
Where’s Tod mining this year?

He's down south in Colorado.

Kurt505
10-17-2017, 08:23 PM

After 1st episode, Todds up by 10oz!

Wow.

Ken07AOVette
10-17-2017, 08:31 PM
Portraying the kid as so arrogant is stupid, nobody would really be that miserable to the guy that holds your lease.
Whats the odds of a no-compete clause in Tony's lease that will be the big shocker in a few episodes?

^v^Tinda wolf^v^
10-17-2017, 09:52 PM
I hope Tony does well this year. I also hope Todd fails, not sure why but I just love to hate him.

Big Grey Wolf
10-18-2017, 09:13 AM
My biggest concern is it appears Bell wants to charge extra for lot of programming like Discovery etc. I had costly package from Bell now they are showing channels as "info". Appears any good channels worth watching will be pay extra $$ in future.

Team Anzac
10-18-2017, 09:15 AM
i hope tony does well this year. I also hope todd fails, not sure why but i just love to hate him.

john 3:16

Bluedog
10-18-2017, 11:05 AM
Who's John 3:16?

sanjuanworm
10-18-2017, 11:16 AM
It sickens me when Jack prays to god for gold. Like seriously?

honda450
10-18-2017, 02:13 PM
Anybody have a link to view the first episode this year? I tried to google it and youtube with no luck. Thanks

slopeshunter
10-18-2017, 02:15 PM
Anybody have a link to view the first episode this year? I tried to google it and youtube with no luck. Thanks
Not sure. You could try 123movies.to or .so or .whatever they’ve changed it to...

zewks
10-18-2017, 03:04 PM

https://streamango.com/f/befolosteerseoob/33729-HDTVS-S08E01-iwatchonline_cr_mkv

The moose
10-18-2017, 03:05 PM
hate to tell you boys this but that show is 60% Fluff. I sold a machine to one of the mines mentioned. The mining is real, the footage is real. The drama is scripted, the interactions scripted, the breakdowns scripted. The footage you see in one episode is usually comprised of parts of the whole mining season and rearranged to produce entertainment.

can still be entertaining though.

whiteout
10-18-2017, 08:55 PM
Entertaining for sure.

Waiting to see Tony's meltdown with Parker that is coming for sure. Also no shock that Todd is screwing stuff up right off the bat.

MountainTi
10-18-2017, 09:09 PM
My biggest concern is it appears Bell wants to charge extra for lot of programming like Discovery etc. I had costly package from Bell now they are showing channels as "info". Appears any good channels worth watching will be pay extra $$ in future.

That only means a free preview of the channel for non subscribers

fordtruckin
10-18-2017, 11:40 PM
Still entertaining to see stupid people acting stupid....

Bigwoodsman
10-19-2017, 07:24 AM
Still entertaining to see stupid people acting stupid....

You can't fix stupid, but you can script it! That's why they keep coming back year after year!

BW

honda450
10-19-2017, 10:06 AM
https://streamango.com/f/befolosteerseoob/33729-HDTVS-S08E01-iwatchonline_cr_mkv

Thanks for the link. But that site is corrupt. Still never seen it.

zewks
10-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the link. But that site is corrupt. Still never seen it.

No its not, click play twice. You might get a pop-up but just close it. It plays for me; this is how I watched most of my shows.

honda450
10-19-2017, 10:34 AM
No its not, click play twice. You might get a pop-up but just close it. It plays for me; this is how I watched most of my shows.

Well for me it locks my computer up..:thinking-006:

ORV
01-23-2018, 02:06 PM
Anyone see the Dakota boys episode yet.
I guess they are going to have their own called gold rush 'white water'
looks pretty crazy.

Orv

P.S do you think the beard of horror will pay up Parker at season end?

jstubbs
01-23-2018, 04:32 PM
hate to tell you boys this but that show is 60% Fluff. I sold a machine to one of the mines mentioned. The mining is real, the footage is real. The drama is scripted, the interactions scripted, the breakdowns scripted. The footage you see in one episode is usually comprised of parts of the whole mining season and rearranged to produce entertainment.

can still be entertaining though.

Well no doubt, it's TV after all. Still much more entertaining than 99% of what else is on TV, least I get to see some cool sluice machines and heavy equipment.

It does bug the hell outta me when they show a guy inside a Chevy truck, then go to an exterior clip of a Dodge driving down a dirt road, then all of a sudden it shows him pulling up in a 3rd type of truck and then getting out. Or when it shows them inside one type of excavator, then the exterior shot is of a totally different excavator. I get majority of the viewers don't notice, but c'mon, is it that hard to get enough footage for continuity?

Sundancefisher
01-23-2018, 04:54 PM
Well no doubt, it's TV after all. Still much more entertaining than 99% of what else is on TV, least I get to see some cool sluice machines and heavy equipment.

It does bug the hell outta me when they show a guy inside a Chevy truck, then go to an exterior clip of a Dodge driving down a dirt road, then all of a sudden it shows him pulling up in a 3rd type of truck and then getting out. Or when it shows them inside one type of excavator, then the exterior shot is of a totally different excavator. I get majority of the viewers don't notice, but c'mon, is it that hard to get enough footage for continuity?

Likely they shot footage and called Chevy and Dodge and said who wants to pay for product endorsements.

fordtruckin
01-23-2018, 05:46 PM
looks pretty crazy.

Orv

Yah it’s a slightly different format the gold rush and different announcer. However getting Todd to finance them is just a grasp at straws to Make it entertaining. I’m still out on it after only one episode.

Ken07AOVette
01-23-2018, 06:36 PM
Well for me it locks my computer up..:thinking-006:

Get ADBLOCK and it will protect you in conjunction with Avast or Mcafee

Ken07AOVette
01-23-2018, 06:39 PM
looks pretty crazy.

Orv

I saw it.

With Huffman hemoraging money I do not find it fathomable at all that he would be lending Fred $50g. I think Fred and Jr likely have a real good stash put away, just Huffy had to be in the scene because it was him that started the show.

Fluff.

1899b
01-23-2018, 07:18 PM
Sounds cute. “Soap opera for dudes”

Big Grey Wolf
01-24-2018, 09:07 AM
The latest numbers, Parker is over 3000 oz's gold so far, Hoffman around 1000. No question of who will win bet, but agree to much scripted show now, Yukon Gold show much more realistic gold producers, especially real hard workers like Big Al. Both Parker and Beets need significant management training, they would never survive as manager in most large companies.

1899b
01-24-2018, 09:17 AM
The latest numbers, Parker is over 3000 oz's gold so far, Hoffman around 1000. No question of who will win bet, but agree to much scripted show now, Yukon Gold show much more realistic gold producers, especially real hard workers like Big Al. Both Parker and Beets need significant management training, they would never survive as manager in most large companies.

I know a mechanic who was on the first season of ice road truckers. When nothing went wrong they would make sure something did. There is nothing real about reality tv other than it’s really scripted. They would be in the middle of a dialogue and the director would cut filming and tell him to “say it this way”. That is the reality of “reality tv”. Take it with a grain of salt and enjoy...

Suzukisam
01-24-2018, 09:35 AM
Yup they are like the Kardashian’s Todd spends more on fuel then he recovers in gold. Good thing they are Hollywood stars now. Maybe they can get their name on the walk of fame.

ReconWilly
01-24-2018, 10:29 AM
Come home from work, watch other people work all night on TV!

Dream about work too?

No thanks.

Jays toyz
01-24-2018, 01:10 PM
I used to enjoy the show, but that was many scripts ago. Every show needs a heel and watching them write in the Hoffmann as the heel is as palatable to me as a laughtrack. He is obviously like "make me look as bad as you like, just show me the money." The massive continuity errors don't help. Don't get me started on the mess that was his Klondike trail trek thing. (continuity and otherwise). Like most shows do, gold rush (and yukon men) has jumped the shark.

A new low in outdoor tv is homestead rescue. 5 adult "homesteaders" staking out their property at night huddling up with handguns and rifles talking about being scared of Coyote and how dangerous they are. Thats the tip of the terrible iceberg that is Homestead rescue.