PDA

View Full Version : Is the Ice off around lac la biche area

yamfan
05-11-2009, 03:13 PM
anybody know if any lakes in that area are open yet, i heard the ice was way late comeing off up north. was planning on goin up around the lac la biche area on may long to do some fishin with a little aluminum boat i got, trying to figure out if the lakes are even open yet. thanks for the help

tbosch
05-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Labiche was frozen when I went through there last week. It looked to be thinning nicely though. Christina lake in conklin has gone out now.

Rigg dogg
05-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Hey Yamfan, head a little farther North to Wabasca. I took a look tonight @ North Wab. Ice is gone and they put the pier in today.

Pretty good fishing up here and you can even keep a couple for supper. Nice campsite as well. Don't have to go far from the campsite to find the fish either.

Opens for fishing on the long weekend.

LacLaBicheNS
05-11-2009, 09:06 PM
Ice is 90% gone in LLB from what I can see.

Penner
05-12-2009, 09:08 AM
I advise everyone to use caution as not all of the lakes up in the Lac La Biche region are open for fishing this weekend. Some of them do not open for fishing until June 1st. Read the regulations prior to heading out.

kreator
05-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Weather is supposed to be pretty ugly this weekend (highs of 12-14, lows of -2) so prepare for it!